[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Several weeks ago I was banned from /v/ for "offtopic posting"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1457968057622.gif (75 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1457968057622.gif
75 KB, 640x400
Several weeks ago I was banned from /v/ for "offtopic posting" when the topic was YU-NO (see: picture), a Japanese point and click adventure game. One entire week of a ban for posting a video game.

When I sent an appeal, it was rejected with no response and my ban was extended by a week.

Why is this allowed?
>>
Got a pic of that ban? No, you don't.
Off-topic bans on /v/ are 3 days anyway so you're clearly trying to stir shit.
Go away.
>>
File: qwertudryrdy.png (635 KB, 982x1129) Image search: [Google]
qwertudryrdy.png
635 KB, 982x1129
>>589717
Eat my shit.
>>
>>589724
Assuming it's not doctored, I concede.
Bad luck my dude.
>>
>>589728
This goes beyond bad luck, this is straight up incompetence from a moderator.

Whether or not the thread looked "off topic", it was discussing video games and was deleted for no real reason.

The worst part of this is sending an appeal and getting a ban extension back. What the fuck?
>>
>>589744
Not to make assumptions, but did you have a long history of bans for off-topic and/or send a shitty plea?
>>
>>589761
I rarely post on /v/, and I've only been banned twice for off-topic on different boards.

The plea went something along the lines of "YU-NO is a point and click video game, /v/ is for discussion of video games, here is the wikipedia page, this ban was unwarranted for". Not inflammatory, short, gets to the point. Even put in an email.
>>
File: global rule 1.png (16 KB, 380x255) Image search: [Google]
global rule 1.png
16 KB, 380x255
>>589700
>>
>>589700
>first /int/ mods start banning people for posting anime reaction images
>/v/ mods now banning people for discussing video games
extending the ban is the cherry on top. even the Easter spammer who floods /int/ on a regular basis only gets a 3-day ban.
>>
>>589724
/v/ rule #3, instigating a flamewar.
>>
Just evade all bans from all mods for any reason from this point forward, if mods dont respect their role and the rules they are supposed to enforce impartially, and instead choose to be embarrassingly petty banhammer abusing manchildren, why should anons respect them or what bullshit bans they hand out?

Hiro needs to sack every single one of the mods and he needs to do it now, they are a blight upon this site and are killing it just as badly as shitposters they are supposed to be keeping under control.
>>
>>589724
Jesus christ, you're just fucking baiting. Well deserved ban.
>>589771
Mods are global.
>>
>>589788
>>590266
It's absolutely retarded to ban for off-topic if the reason for the ban was baiting, especially on /v/.
>>
>>590294
Well, there are some foolish people who go on /v/ and intend on creating a good thread. You ruined it for those few people.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.