[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is /a/ so shit? I'm asking sincerely. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Daffy.gif (455 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Daffy.gif
455 KB, 320x240
Why the fuck is /a/ so shit? I'm asking sincerely. I've never before seen a board where asking other people what shows they like gets deleted as a "rec" thread and the OP shittalked for wanting to be "spoonfed"
>>
>>589082
Lurk for two years before posting
>>
There is a request board for this.
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>589084
You didnt.
>>
>>589082
Kicking out retards means a board is shit?
Well, /a/ is incredibly shit then.
>>
>>589089
I did
>>
/a/ is a unique board because while it is just as shitty as any other major board and any other major anime community, its users are convinced that the situation is exactly the opposite and will always show up to aggressively defend their board (with canned arguments).
>>
>>589082
Yeah dude /a/ is shit, use boards that spoonfeed like /v/ or /tv/
>>
>>589082
Because it's fucking annoying OP.
>>
>>589084
good advice
>>
>>589082
>Why isn't /a/ more to my preferences?
You'll have to look deep inside to answer that one, Anon.
>>
>>589150
so hide the thread and just don't post. why do you have to take the effort to write a disparaging message to the guy asking for genuine, if shallow, discussion? you're not going to see a point where new people stop joining the board, and with a broad topic like "anime and manga" you're going to get a lot of entry level discussion. just hide the thread and let it slide if it really bothers you. it's a lot less effort and more effective in the long run.
>>
>>589346
Or I could call you a newfag. /a/ isn't going to change for someone who knows fuckall about anime.
>>
>>589346
How about you stop posting instead? Why should a board cater to you?
>>
Why are /a/cucks the only ones who get bothered about generals?
>>
>>589356
go ahead, but you're just starting internet fights that ultimately change nothing. newfags will still post stuff you don't like and you'll still argue in /qa/ about it.

>>589357
the board caters to nobody. contrary to popular belief, how long you spend on a board is not proportional to how much of a say you have regarding what can and cannot be posted outside of board rules. if a thread follows all rules but you still don't agree with the subject matter, it's much more conducive to quality posting all around that you just hide/ignore it rather than try to scare people away by shitposting, unless you're just trying to start internet arguments, in which case see above.
>>
Not the OP, but I ask myself the same. I got into /a/ around last year and since then understand that this rule exist. But why does it exist in the first place? On all the other boards you can ask fopr recommendations on board-related things. Where there so many threads like this that they clocked up the front page or what's so bad about them?
>>
>>589360
Because fuck you.
>>
>>589404
Anime is a different beast since most people grew up with video games and TV, but only recently started watching anime.
It's to filter retards, and it is quite effective.
>>
>>589082
/a/utists are extremely insecure and afraid of voicing their own opinions if there is an opportunity that it goes against the hivemind.
>>
>>589140
Yu have just conflated someone asking what you like with asking what they should like. This little Freudian slip indicates that you don't have any opinions of your own or you are too insecure to voice them. On an anonymous image board.

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>589414
>It's to filter retards, and it is quite effective.
/a/ is full of EOPs.
EOPs who have been consuming Japanese media for over a decade on average.
These people are the retards.
All you are doing is promoting a hivemind for insecure manchildren to exist within. Everyone is quick to try to talk shit about what someone enjoys but will never be open with what they enjoy if it isn't already commonly accepted as being okay to enjoy by everyone else. That's why there are so many fucking cancerous generals: these manchildren are so fucking desperate to talk about their interests but too fucking insecure to do so outside of a social justice clown type safe space.

Post 2007 /a/ is fucking pathetic. Those faggots overwhelmed the board and turned into everything /a/ was originally made to get away from. You can't discuss anime online at all these days in English.
>>
>>589414
>and it is quite effective.
I can tell you from years of lurking /a/ this is completely false. All you've done is give the retards who are already there a false sense of superiority because you dogpile anyone who doesn't conform to all the rules of your secret club.
>>
>>589360
>the only ones who get bothered about generals
You said this to make me angry and it worked.
The number of boards with users angry at generals is equal to the number of boards with generals. They are a plague.
>>
>>589745
>secret club
So secret that there's no way to keep you out. So secret you can figure out how the community works after lurking for a few months. You might even say there's nothing secret about it, unless you consider the contents of a book to be a secret because you refuse to read it. As well deride the author of the book for being an elitist for not showing up to explain it to you himself. People who use the term "secret club" in reference to /a/ are invariably lazy, entitled cunts. They want their demands met and have nothing of value to contribute, no intention of participating in the community. /a/ gains nothing by having these types of people post on the board, we are no poorer for their absence.
>>
>>589423
>/a/ was originally made to get away from
Which acts as a safe space. You see the irony?
>>
>>589082
As much as I hate /a/utists I gotta admit that making the same "I'm new what should I watch" threads gets really tiresome
>>
>>590305
/wsr/ is the best new board because it finally gives people a place to ask for recs all they want. I've noticed a lot less butthurt threads on /qa/ (like this one) since /wsr/ was added. I personally answer as many anime recs on /wsr/ as I'm able to, to give people a reason to use it. Posting on /wsr/ has revealed just how repetitive these kinds of threads are, I could probably make a list of different types of OPs and not even reach ten items. Been considering making a chart of some kind to expedite the process, but given how unsuccessful the previous charts made by /a/ have been at lessening the rec thread problem I think it might just be wasted effort.
>>
>>589404
>what's so bad about them?
Because they are retard questions asked by retards. Anime is one of the easiest things to get into. It has dozens of websites that exist to catalog every single anime ever made. With a few clicks you could find everything you ever wanted. Typing 'anime recs' into google will give you dozens of charts of various kinds, even niche ones. 98% of people who ask for recs are newfags who didn't fucking bother with a google search. It's a retard question asked by retards that generates nothing of interest and is something that is quick to consume forums. Every other anime forum that welcomes those retards quickly turns to shit. You could go anywhere on the internet and ask this question and get much more welcoming answers, why come here to do it when no one wants it here?

The only sort of recs people find acceptable is for really fucking niche shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.