[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Locking Threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 176 KB.jpg (152 KB, 640x581) Image search: [Google]
176 KB.jpg
152 KB, 640x581
Why was this done away with? It's one of the most effective means to combat poor quality threads and posts. The userbase sees the reason for the lock and learns from it.

>"Oh, my thread about Donald Trump on /pol/ got locked because there are already 12 other threads about him and I asked a question that has already been answered. I guess I should have looked at the catalog first..."
>>
>permanently locking 95% of threads on /pol/

great Idea, why not make them a sticky too, so everyone can see what the current meta cancer is?
>>
There's no rule against making a thread with a subject that's already being discussed, though.

As for the topic, the boards with the most shit threads are simply too fast for the board itself to notice when something is locked. This most certainly includes /pol/.
>>
>>586905
not too fast.
OP is one of the faggots who don't understand that 95% of the threads on /pol/ are meta threads alá "wow really makes u think" that die with 0 replies within minutes. Even if you lock these threads, right now they're create with 1 thread every 3 seconds.
>>
>>586890
>he thinks mods care about quality threads on /pol/

protip: /pol/ doesn't have a mod who browses it regularly like some other boards. If you see a mod on /pol/ it's because the report queue was too full (or swaglord is trolling people again)
>>
>>586905
>There's no rule against making a thread with a subject that's already being discussed, though.

There is a rule against making low quality posts, that's what you're doing when you make a thread about something that is already being discussed.
>>
>>586908
I'm not talking only about /pol/, I just used it as an example.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.