[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frogposting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: smug.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
When and why did frogposting get suck a bad reputation? Back in 2010-2011 or so, nobody gave a shit if you used Pepe pictures on any board and people posted them regularly, now just about everyone throws a tantrum if they see even just one pic outside of /r9k/ or immature boards like /v/ or /pol/.

It might be because obnoxious, possibly underage teenagers keep abusing them but I just don't know. What went wrong?
>>
>What went wrong
Pepe fell on normalfags' hands years ago. Only newfags and shitposters use it nowadays.
>>
It became a normalfag meme that's way past it's expiration date yet people don't stop using it for some reason.
>>
Even if it didn't make its way to facebook and reddit it was already stale.
It's been years. Let it go.
>>
>>585853
>nobody gave a shit if you used Pepe pictures on any board
dumb frogposter who knows nothing
>>
>>585853
Because there's too many of them now and the people that post them are fucking idiots 9 times out of 10.
>>
I can still see frogposts on /a/ and noone cares about them.
>>
It's used "ironically" at this point, it's sort of self-aware which apparently makes it immune to getting the same treatment that trollface and all the other stupid memes did.
>>585883
Frogposts get deleted all the fucking time on /a/, what are you on about?
>>
>>585883
/a/nons tend to just report obvious shitposts instead of replying to them and giving them the attention they wanted
>>
>>585887
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1.44mb of feels.gif (3 MB, 287x191) Image search: [Google]
1.44mb of feels.gif
3 MB, 287x191
>>585853

It's a Reddit thing, really. No. Not Pepe.
It's the artificial end to something that they found entertaining for a bit.

Redditors fallow some autistic rules when it comes to memes - which I find hilarious because they didnt make them in the first place.
Reddit fags find a new meme on 4chan to exploit, then after an undetermined amount of time, they decide they must hate it because it's "old." At which point they get butthurt when they see it posted - including on 4chan - which is usually still enjoying the image or comic or whatever.

Pepe is probably the biggest affront to them because they decided it was "old" way back when /r9k/ was posting him as "rare pepe." They dont accept the fact that stuff like "lord kek" isnt really Pepe, just based off it. They they whine about "dumb frogposters" whenever they see green.

This is probably why people at least remember Rage comics and Advice Animals so fondly. These were among the last things to die "naturally" before Reddit caught onto it and started abusing it. We didnt really care at that point.

A similar thing happened on /v/ with "poohball" (that hard as fuck Winnie the Pooh Homerun game). /v/ enjoyed it for a bit, made OC, then it got spammed on Reddit for a couple days. Then the Reddit fags went on /v/ and started ironic shitposting whenever they saw it because it's "old." Then some anons made "one last thread" for it and stopped posting it because they knew what would happen if they didnt.

And now you have anything interesting being posted the very same day on every other site and we have literally a few precious moments to actually enjoy it. Just look at /v/. The literal day a new game is released, people come here and ask for it to be "banned" or "moved to /vg/."

TL;DR: Reddit fags come to 4chan and copypaste everything to Reddit and spam it relentlessly for points, then come back to 4chan and whine at us for "posting it so much."
>>
>>585855
>people don't stop using it for some reason
>It became a normalfag meme
There you have your answer.
>>
File: image.jpg (567 KB, 1280x1879) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
567 KB, 1280x1879
>>585887
yes cause this doesn't cause a shit ton of replies and deleted posts. /a/ just does the same thing with different memes
>>
>>585921
All the people who reply get banned, so it's no loss.
>>
>>585925
last I checked you just get a warning if anything, other than that the obvious posts are deleted leaving the replies to deleted posts
>>
http://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/27844027/
>>
>>585910
You're retarded, you're just making up shit out of thin air.
>>
>>585853
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>585853
It used to be a symbol of worst board. After people started calling it out, it became a symbol of shitposting.
>>
>>585960

Not an argument.
>>
>>586053
>Not an argument.
Why the fuck does this phrase keep popping up everywhere?
>>
>>586066
he's trying to trigger you; ignore him
>>
File: 1465870066486.png (50 KB, 255x204) Image search: [Google]
1465870066486.png
50 KB, 255x204
I'd like to think my shitposts helped
>>
reddit hates it. ou can immediately tell whos a redditor a mile away from the way theypost
>>
>>586444
le epic trips XD
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.