[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How about re-ordering the catalog/pages so that the first visible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 0136-queue.png (63 KB, 959x487) Image search: [Google]
0136-queue.png
63 KB, 959x487
How about re-ordering the catalog/pages so that the first visible threads are actually from around the middle of the thread queue instead of the most recent thread? Re-distribute the users a little.

With the current system, active threads naturally draw in more activity. In the new system, inactive threads draw in activity.

People who leave the thread open will still see all their updating thread posts when they refresh the page, as normal, but users popping on to find new threads will find the threads that are less immediately popular.

It would naturally slow a lot of the way-too-fast boards like /v/, /b/, /pol/, etc down and also give a lot of the threads that get missed or forgotten a chance.
>>
File: ..3.png (181 KB, 448x463) Image search: [Google]
..3.png
181 KB, 448x463
Jesus christ faggot, you can literally change the catalog from bump order to almost everything you want.
>>
>>585084
I'm talking about the default. You know, the thing 99% of users use. I'm so happy that you're in the 1%. Good on you, Anon.
>>
>>585087
>can't use the catalog

hi /pol/
>>
>>585091
>Thinks that the average 4chan user is capable of using the site to its best potential.

How many seconds have you been on /qa/ before? 0?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.