[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>complains about certain percentage of board being shitposts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: miles-davis.jpg (29 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
miles-davis.jpg
29 KB, 306x306
>complains about certain percentage of board being shitposts
>any relevant topics to be discussed on said board is compartmentalized in a series of generals
>the shitposts are simply filling up a vacuum
Who even thought generals were a good practice for an anonymous imageboard anyway? They evidently aren't.
>>
>>584511
So post in the generals. Lurk moar and so youll fit in and post in the generals.
>>
>>584513
1) I enjoy filling up those vacuums
2) why would any reasonable anon ever participate in a general?
>>
>>584516
to discuss a topic with other individuals
>>
>>584531
That's the purpose of a regular thread. Why specifically do these threads have to be maintained and regulated and have a culture developed out of them that negates any threads of said topic being created?
>>
>>584516
>the shitposts are simply filling up a vacuum
>1) I enjoy filling up those vacuums

Apparently.
>>
>>584533
sometimes you get there after the general has been established, and get to choose between discussing the topic there or nowhere all

this is only answering the why would you post in a general question, not the why would you start one question
>>
>>584539
Well the thread was started with the latter question in mind; would you care to answer that?
>>
>>584542
the general threads i think are reasonable to start are for topics that are either so popular they would demolish the board they're on if left unchecked, or those which collect together a variety of topics none of which could have a thread survive on its own

as for things that can be reasonable discussed in individual threads, you'll have to ask someone who actually likes them
>>
generals are a direct result of reddit immigration

they should all just be banned, even having a general spinoff board doesn't work, see /v/
>>
>>584511
Safe spaces are the hip, new thing
>>
>>584511
Generals are an unfortunate but needed thing due to the userbase. If your board userbase isn't shitty the only Generals you'd have is for shit that regular threads won't suffice.

Just don't be as bad as /int/'s general to non general thread ratio and you'll be fine
>>
Generals are needed because people cannot use some discretion. Any good thread inevitably inspires some sperg to endlessly repeat it in the hopes of replicating the enjoyment of the original thread. They've got nothing else in their lives so they don't see any shame in being such a faggot.

We really need a ban system that works.
>>
>>584511
The need for socialization has finally trumped discussion and so you start to see these thinly veiled general threads or as I like to refer to them, 24/7 chat rooms. The behaviour inside the thread is exactly like IRC, going as far to mimic everyday conversation starters 'Good morning, x!', farewells 'Good night y and sleep tight.' and other behaviour you'd occur of when talking to your friends outside 4chan. Basically it's a never ending conversation between the same group of people(can vary to a small degree) who share interests that has no particular topic.
>>
>>584619
>We really need a ban system that works.

They don't care at this point.
Easter poster flooded int and TV got cp, pork and I think gore spammed with no repercussions.
>>
>>584650
How do you know?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.