[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: Is 4chan still good ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
Serious question: Is 4chan still good ?
>>
/qa/ and slow boards
>>
>>583769
>>583769

/lgbt/ is slow but still feels very garbage-y. Maybe moot was right and generals are awful ?
>>
>>583768
It was never good
>>
No.
>>
>>583768
Sometimes when I least expect it, yeah
>>
>>583771
fags are awful
>>
>>583794
Just like everybody else.
>>
>>583768
It's not that great but everywhere else will ban you if you don't agree with them. Here you can be a Nazi or a Commie or obsess over skinny guys in drag and how not gay that is and you won't get banned.
>>
nope, fags took over and ruined it
>>
>>583768
Niche boards that do not have generals tend to be good. If they do, that's a sign for the moderation of a board.
>>
>>583826
generals wouldnt be bad if there were general specific mods/jannies that actually did their jobs and new what the generals were about
>>
>>583831
Unfortunately for you, generals are where topics are laid to rest. In a general, everything but the topic itself is discussed en masse. That's not to say it can't have some very rare legit discussion about the given topic, but it is soon discussed to death due to being 24/7 and soon relies itself on off-topic posting and shitposting, image dumping and whatnot.
Also, assigning moderators to make sure you're not shitting where you eat 24/7 for a single thread is ridiculous.
>>
>>583768
Yes.
>>
>>583837
incorrect, the reason why generals are shit is because off topic posting and avatarfagging is left unchecked because mods who do not know about said general have no idea what is or is not off topic and just leave it alone

please feel free to not be a retard next time
>>
>>583826
Boards with generals can still be good, but you need to filter them obviously. post-moot 4chan has really seen a rapid growth in generals and I didn't think it could get any faster. It'd be nice to have an admin again.
>>583831
You're basically saying that generals are not a part of 4chan and require their own moderation force. This is absolutely remarkable.
>>
>>583839
Please restart your lurking period.

>>583840
My reply was lost on him, give him up.
>>
>>583837
Not really. You have like five people in general who spam their garbage for sixteen hours a day every day which drowns out any serious discussion as they post every time its off cool down.

Remove those five people and a general becomes actual discussion again. It happens all the time on other sites.
>>
>>583845
Don't be too dishonest, a general runs 24/7 and they run out of things to discuss. A general would then die and be rebuilt by the same people for the sake of having a thread up. Compare them to other regular threads and the difference is massive.
>>
>>583837
>>583840
you are not going to get rid of generals. if thats what you want go to /b/. better off making general a place for discussion instead of shit posting
>>
>>583847
>a general runs 24/7 and they run out of things to discuss
Absolutely not true for 90% of generals. Most generals are evolving as what they discuss evolve.
>>
>>583848
Please apply proper grammar to your posts. A general isn't formed for discussion in the first place. I've seen numerous successful threads not fall back to generals.

>>583849
So a general that gets its content cycling in daily?
>>
>>583850
Daily? Yes a lot of them do, in fact I can only think of a handful that do not (I visit ~ fifteen board a day so I guess its slightly skewed) and those are very slow generals.
>>
>>583851
Please do provide some links, I'm anxious to see them.
>>
>>583853
Basically every thread on /vg/ that has any sort of update on a semi regular basis, the ones that do not usually do not last more than a month. Go look through the archives yourself, I am not google.
>>
>>583856
So that's league, agdq, dota 2, overwatch and a couple of others not worth mentioning. They're also rife in shitposting.
>>
>>583863
Just go to the generals without underagefags

the games you posted have a lot of underage players
>>
>>583864
Grand strategy general is the same thing.
>>
>>583863
Lmao, did you just look at the front page? There are many other threads in /vg/ that all indeed do refresh daily. Come back when you actually know what your talking about.
>>
>>583866
>Lmao
Please don't.
I've ruled off a lot of generals, but I cannot spot any that have content pouring in daily. Please go ahead and provide examples.
>>
File: 1460855298167.png (120 KB, 244x255) Image search: [Google]
1460855298167.png
120 KB, 244x255
>>583768
If you have to ask then I think that says enough on its own
>>
4chan died a long time ago. Now go make a banner for your favorite sub so you can win reddit gold.
>>
In general, many users at least put a little effort into making 4chan alright. The real problem is the people that will act like the biggest faggots imaginable.
>>
>>583768

4chan is shit and has gotten shittier over the years as literally every kiddo across the world now has easy internet access.

That being said, the rest of the internet is somehow even shittier than 4chan hence why I'm still here. I really have no idea what I'd do if 4chan went down.
>>
>>583831
>generals wouldnt be so bad if the mods actually moderated them so they are officially our own hugbox
Fuck off.
>>
Bump due to /qa/ being spammed.
>>
File: hey guys i troled.png (9 KB, 215x219) Image search: [Google]
hey guys i troled.png
9 KB, 215x219
>dude good troll that was epic
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
**i was troled!**

when you read this post, copy this post to a new thread or else you will be **troled!!**

watch out for the tricks and trolls!!
>>
>>584243
It seems like a regular occurrence now that I'll come to this board and there will be 6 pages missing.
>>
>>584394
Hopefully all his proxies will be banned in due time.
>>
>>583768
>good boards
/pol/, /k/ and /asp/

>shit boards
Every thing else
>>
4chan isn't as good as it used to be, but it's still better than any other site.
>>
>>583768
Good in theory, bad in execution. Total anonymity always ends up being abused by toxic human beings.
>>
>>583768
It will be when degenerates and leftists and cucks are purged.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.