[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fundamental problem I see with /a/ is that if the anime or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: :a:nime.png (34 KB, 315x151) Image search: [Google]
:a:nime.png
34 KB, 315x151
I fundamental problem I see with /a/ is that if the anime or manga isn't bait for waifufags, moe slop, or otherwise content with no room for discussion outside of best-girl arguments, then it hardly gets any attention. The exceptions are mainstays like NGE and series with a huge fan presence like JoJo.

I personally feel like this shift happened around the time of Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill getting popular. A lot of the angrier users seemed so mad at the idea of boogeyman newfags posting about shows they don't like that they rebounded in the opposite direction. Now anything that doesn't fit their criteria is either ignored or shitposted against.

What can be done?
>>
>>583360
Welcome to fucking 4chan.

But this isn't a PROBLEM with 4chan. It's the GOAL OF IT.

Go to another website if you want to talk about something you like. they probably have a subreddit for your favorite anime already, and until you give them a chance you don't know if they like the thing you like the way you like it or not.

You're not going to be able to change 4chan to suit you. Find a place that suits you.
>>
>>583369
Nice fallback, but that card doesn't work in this situation. I'm speaking as someone who has always been active on /a/ and witnessed it suddenly change. If you don't know /a/'s timeline then kindly fuck off.
>>
>>583378
And do you expect it to suddenly change back? Is that how Pandora's Box works?

You're absolutely right about this starting around the time Attack on Titan started because it's Hype Culture that ushered it in.

Here's a shitty youtube e-celeb who doesn't speak for /a/ detailing a subject. I agree with everything he says until the final point that it might be a good thing. It's a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQjDzMf_H-4
>>
Anon, I have a feeling you don't follow shows as they air.
>>
>>583528
Why? I certainly do. In fact it's what I cite most in my argument because hardly anything good gets posted about.
>>
Bump, /qa/ being spammed.
>>
File: 4534523.gif (930 KB, 654x562) Image search: [Google]
4534523.gif
930 KB, 654x562
>>583360
there is nothing wrong with waifufagging
>>
>>584285
Back to r/anime cancer
>>
>>583369
>4chan is for shitposting everything
I didn't see that in the website description.
>>
I remember when someone found out Angels Egg existed then immediately everyone pretended that they knew about it all along and it was their favorite movie. The key is marketing. If you want your series to gain cred, you need to convince them that it's worthy.
>>
>>584440
It's not shitposting to everybody who does it, jut to you.

Where does 4chan's site description say "Everybody has to post the kind of stuff that this particular Anon likes"?
>>
>>583765
I follow shorts, CG shows, 'fujobait', etc. and have never had any problem discussing them in their airing day threads, nor have I had difficulty discussing older works as there are always threads coming and going. Not a day goes by without LOGH jokes being made.

The only show I have ever had a problem with was one where everyone had moved to /m/.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.