[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had an idea for a new board /prison/ or /prs/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: CM8gGnUWIAEWjjw.jpg (35 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
CM8gGnUWIAEWjjw.jpg
35 KB, 600x335
Basically whoever gets banned (obviously for nothing illegal) can post only in that board, and only them! (and mods, pfff)
Others can browse it but can't contribute to it
The content is free.

what do you think?
>>
Make an incentive for getting banned? That's a great idea, why didn't anyone think of it before?
>>
>>583007
Called /z/. Not a new idea. Go research how that went down and the results of it.

It's not a good idea, Anon, and we've already tried it.

Lurk more.
>>
>>583028
oh

well...hmm... the times are changed...I think
>>
File: Moot_rules.png (170 KB, 1004x635) Image search: [Google]
Moot_rules.png
170 KB, 1004x635
>>583033
They're not.

4chan is the same as it ever has been. Any efforts to "fix" it are constantly met with new forms of shittiness. It's turtles all the way down.

Pic related. Circa 2007 efforts to fix "The Cancer Killing /b/" that just don't work. Nothing works.

There is absolutely no answer. YOU YOURSELF need to learn to accept it, and learn to dance happily with your puppet strings that you can see, knowing that Sisyphus's boulder will roll back down the hill.

But hey, I wouldn't be saying this if we weren't on the "Meta" board.
>>
File: 1453838368110.jpg (37 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1453838368110.jpg
37 KB, 960x960
>>583037
ok...
sorry
I thought it was a good idea, but I keep forgetting what kind of people are among this userbase
>>
>>583048
It's okay.

4chan exists as an art piece, at this point, to show what happens when a community forms around its basic tenants. There's no other goal except for the community itself. 4chan doesn't produce anything, it doesn't do anything, it just kind of is a part of life.

Other sites like Reddit, or Github, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, blah blah blah, they all have these arbitrary rules and restrictions that all DRASTICALLY alter the community in this beautifully chaotic butterfly effect, and they all suit their own little needs.

These things are kind of like this art piece about what people do when they're presented with a woman who doesn't care what happens to her, who surrenders her agency and free will. People started cutting her up and sucking her blood, and a fight ended up breaking out when somebody put a loaded gun to her head and worked her own finger around the trigger. It's pretty wild.
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2014/may/12/marina-abramovic-ready-to-die-serpentine-gallery-512-hours

4chan's kinda like that. "What will people be like if you allow them to remove their names, and remove all past record of anything they've ever said?"

The answer appears to be that many will choose to keep their names, most won't, and some will even construct offshore websites to maintain that record of what people said. But mostly, nothing will get done, and we'll all be angry about it.

/qa/ itself exists as another one of these little art installations.

You are a worker in the art piece. I am too. It's beautiful and tragic. I love it every day and I will love it forever.
>>
>>583064
>These things are kind of like this art piece about what people do when they're presented with a woman who doesn't care what happens to her, who surrenders her agency and free will. People started cutting her up and sucking her blood, and a fight ended up breaking out when somebody put a loaded gun to her head and worked her own finger around the trigger. It's pretty wild.
<------------------
>/qa/ itself exists as another one of these little art installations.
I agree, some boards remind me of Cattelan
>>
DO THIS AT ONCE, HIRO!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.