[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-Improvement Board when? /adv/ a shit, and a lot of people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2.png (185 KB, 1587x628) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
185 KB, 1587x628
Self-Improvement Board when? /adv/ a shit, and a lot of people on 4chan probably want to stop being loser faggots
>>
>>582944
>Self-Improvement Board when?
When you leave 4chan.
None of us can really improve ourselves in a meaningful way while being here.
>>
Having a self-improvement board on 4chan would be like having a rehab in a subway station.
>>
If I wanted to read blogposts I'd go to /r9k/
>>
is that op a girl? sounds like a girl or a fag
>>
>>582974
idk i didn't read the actual post

>>582947
>>582964
no, it can be good because chanpeople are good at finding and sorting out all the good info from the shit that doesn't work and should be ignored. i realise the end goal would involve leaving 4chan but that's a long way away from me and i assume many others
>>
>>582979
>no, it can be good because chanpeople
1. It cannot.
2. Don't use the term "chanpeople" fucking ever again.
>>
>>582944
Why do you think /adv/ is shit? I'll give you a hint. It's because it's on 4chan. Oh wait that wasn't a hint that was the answer.

Any self improvement board you make is going to end up being shit because it's 4chan.

/g/, /po/, /ic/, /i/, /adv/, /diy/, /fit/, /fa/, and probably more that I'm not thinking about right now, these hobbyist boards about learning a skill, are ALL self improvement boards, and they ALL are shit (except /diy/ I guess? It's subjective) because of the culture here.

You want self improvement? Go improve yourself. You're not gonna be able to leech cultural osmosis goodness out of a bunch of shitty people. You're gonna siphon out being shitty and nothing more.
>>
>>582983
>1. It cannot.
>2. Don't use the term "chanpeople" fucking ever again.
kys
>>
>>582985
the SIG thread themselves were good though. Way more general than just a board focused on a single topic, or /adv/ the whineboard
>>
bumb
>>
>>583039
Cut it out. These threads don't get new boards made.

People were making daily threads about /fg/ - Forum Games for months, and then out of nowhere we get /qst/ - Quests, which literally nobody asked for but is vaguely related.

The best you're gonna get is some vile perversion of what you want. That's how 4chan works.
>>
>>583165
yeah i figured nobody important reads those
>>
File: blackadder1_m.jpg (28 KB, 384x414) Image search: [Google]
blackadder1_m.jpg
28 KB, 384x414
>a lot of people on 4chan probably want to stop being loser faggots
yeah, but they don't want to actually do anything to stop being loser faggots
>>
>>583235
Exactly. They have a warped perception of what a "not loser faggot" is and want to take all of the good without any of the bad. The bad being hard fucking work and getting over your self centered self.
>>
>>583235
And that's where the new board comes in.
>>
File: 1420311658366.jpg (294 KB, 957x1197) Image search: [Google]
1420311658366.jpg
294 KB, 957x1197
>>582985
>these hobbyist boards about learning a skill, are ALL self improvement boards, and they ALL are shit (except /diy/ I guess? It's subjective) because of the culture here.
Except those are discussion boards, if you want to learn something you have dozens of search engines and the entire internet at your disposal.
>>
>>583382
You're agreeing with me, retard.
>>
>>583393
>he didn't reply to my reply to his post
seems like you've been btfo. please leave. if you ignore this and reply to my post again, you may have to wait until tommorow for your reply. goodbye
>>
>>583396
What's to reply to? You're saying what I just said but acting like I'm an idiot, when you and I agree. Where's this aggression coming from? Tard Rage?
>>
>>583399
not this post, friend. my reply to your original post which was a reply to OP. sorry I didn't make it clear enough.
>>
>>582944
Is this on /adv/?

Anyway the board could be fun. People seem eager to post ways they at least TRY to better themselves and having a board just for that would be interesting.
>>
>>583403
What the fuck are you even talking about? You mean this post? >>582993 I've never been to the SIG thread on /adv/ and don't give a fuck about generals. I don't want to contest a point I don't know anything about.
>>
>>583407
Ok, thanks for making that clear. The SIG was on /fit/ btw (>>583405), until the mods destoyed it.

>>583405
Yeah, it can be a good board, and it's not like there's a lack of topics to discuss in it, so it definitely will not be dead.
>>
>>583393
What I meant is that those boards are there so you can pretend to be retarded on a specific topic, only /adv/ is specifically about self-improvement.
>>
>>583415
If /fit/ is there to pretend to be retarded about fitness then /adv/ is there so you can pretend to be retarded about giving advice.
>>
There already is a self-improvement board. It's called /fit/. Start lifting, you improve your physical abilities, which grants you confidence.
>>
>>583415
>only /adv/ is specifically about self-improvement.
if you go on /adv/ you'll see it has nothing to do with that
>>
>>583420
How about...everything else? Actually, I agree with you, but the mods didn't. /sig/ can take a nice spot in /fit/ but for some reason they didn't want it there
>>
>>583422
Only people that can't figure out their adblocker is breaking the board go there
>>
>>583427
>issue exists for years
>nobody does shit about it
>>
>>583420
Not everyone has their confidence planted in vanity.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.