[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with being a crossposter? Why can't boards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
What's wrong with being a crossposter? Why can't boards just get along with each other? We're all apart of 4chan
>>
File: smileyfacedoandl.jpg (581 KB, 804x564) Image search: [Google]
smileyfacedoandl.jpg
581 KB, 804x564
>>581085
impossible
>>
File: 1457832912350.webm (2 MB, 532x528) Image search: [Google]
1457832912350.webm
2 MB, 532x528
>>581085
The problem isn't being a crossboarder, it's bringing things that belong on other boards into the board you're crossing. For example: spongebob is accepted in /v/ but not accepted on /a/. If you post spongebob in /a/, someone may say "go back to /v/ you filthy crossboarder".

Personally, I don't mind crossboarders, especially since I am one myself. I just use it as an excuse to shitpost.
>>
File: 1463821602700.gif (2 MB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
1463821602700.gif
2 MB, 600x335
but every board is the anime board.
>>
>>581102
lol
>>
>>581085
Just don't spread memes from one board on other boards. Try "WE WUZ KINGS" on /lit/ and they are probably going to be pissed. Crossboarding/multiboarding is fine as long you adapt to each board's culture. If you know how to bahave yourself on each board everything is fine. Just don't assume that things that are allowed on one board are also tolerated on other boards. In case of doubt, lurk more to grasp the board's culture before you post (especially memes).
>>
A crossie is someone that uses multiple boards and does not adopt his posts into the style of each individual board.
It is not simply someone that uses multiple boards.
If you are told to go back to /v/ or /pol/ it is because you are in Rome and are not doing what the Romans are doing. Stop doing that.
>>
File: 1464249485001.jpg (64 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
1464249485001.jpg
64 KB, 600x449
>>581139
Kasey tyre
>>
>/a/utists bitch about memes on their board while spreading their waifu cancer everywhere

If I see a faggot posting anime girl with MAGA hat one more time I'm gonna start reporting them
>>
>>581144
/a/ likes the source material and its creators too much to deface it with political garbage.
Don't confuse an anime image with someone that actually enjoys or watches anime.
>>
>>581144
We don't like the maga edits either.
>>
File: 1464885425098.jpg (84 KB, 421x652) Image search: [Google]
1464885425098.jpg
84 KB, 421x652
i want /a/ and all of it's users to go back to gaia
>>
>>581178
dumb Shoujoshit.
>>
>>581178
An underage just learned about gaia. Cute!
I'm glad /qa/ is teaching you things, anon! Get out there and do your best!
>>
>>581201
mad /a/utist
>>
>>581085
Why do you feel the need to bring another boards' low standards into another? Do you enjoy destroying another board's culture?
>>
>>581085
Some crossboarders think lurking more applies only to 4chan as a whole. There are significant differences in culture between the various boards and what is acceptable on /int/ might not be welcome on /trv/. Yet many don't care about acquainting themselves with the new place first and end up tracking mud all over the place.
>>
It's unavoidable. I don't think there's anyone here who just posts on one board their entire time on 4chan. If there is, that's amazing.
>>
File: scr.png (280 KB, 1024x744) Image search: [Google]
scr.png
280 KB, 1024x744
Literally nothing. I post on almost all boards! I recognize no division!

All boards of 4chan, unite! We have nothing to lose but our shackles!
>>
File: v cancer.jpg (288 KB, 1503x1612) Image search: [Google]
v cancer.jpg
288 KB, 1503x1612
>>581085
Because i don't want to run into video game discussions when I go to the television and film board
>>
>>581178
>kimi ni todoke
>deliver to you
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>581500
/tv/ and /v/ are like best friends constantly stealing each others memes and their posting styles are the same as well. They're both meme factory boards.
>>
Crossposters of old knew how to assimilate memes from other boards such that it would still fit the topic and board culture of a certain board and it would be alright. Now the art has faded and it's no longer accepted.
>>
>>581500
>posting on /tv/ or /v/
You deserve it
>>
Crossboarding isn't a problem considering everyone uses more than one board, especially with how many different boards there are that cater to many different hobbies and interests. The problem arises when you bring the culture of one board to another; it makes it extremely obvious you're an outsider and gives the impression you don't care about the board you're posting on and are only there to shitpost.
>>
>>581512
deliver my love
>>
>>581085
Just fuck Kazahaya already you freaky whore!
>>
>>581586
But I don't like /tv/.
They keep posting their unfunny fotm memes to other boards.
>>
>>581085
Nothing. Just don't post shit from other boards where it doesn't belong. It's not that fucking hard.
>>
>>581178
Did you just discover 4chan kid?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.