[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tripfags are cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1452756008405.png (523 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1452756008405.png
523 KB, 1111x597
Please consider turning tripcodes into thread-specific IDs instead of global user names. Also disable namefagging. My idea is that a user can enable an ID for his posts on a thread basis if he wants to be identified, but cannot post with a name or with a handle identifiable on all 4chan.
>>
>Please consider turning tripcodes into thread-specific IDs

that will encourage ID faggottry
>>
>>580499

>2016
>not filtering tripfags and/or using forced anonymonizer

Seriously?
>>
>>580506
>It's ok to think tripfags are bad
>the solution is to just close your eyes
Oh yeah sure. Why don't we all just install anonymizer filters for Facebook and start using that. It would be just like 4chan! What's the difference right?

This is what tripfags want you to believe is an acceptable solution.
There is no way anyone who understands the underlying issue would ever think anonymizers are good enough.

The closest solution to the problem that's similar to using an anonymizer would be an option that automatically filters tripfag names to something _other than_ Anonymous. Something generic like "tripfag" so you know each post that's made by a tripfag but you don't know what their name or tripcode is.
and that feature has to be built into the site so everyone knows it's there in the settings. If I just build a script that did it myself that still wouldn't be good enough
>>
>>580525
>What's the difference right?

If you need someone to explain the difference between 4chan and Facebook then you're either shitposting or shitposting.

Have a happy fourth of July, friend.
>>
Honestly it would be better to automatically hide posts with tripcodes and put a trigger warning on them. Putting a trigger warning up could save lives here.
>>
>>580545
This. 4chan could be liable if this isn't added. Would rather implement a safety protocol than have 4chan be forced to shut down
>>
>>580530
Have you never heard of sarcasm before or are you just stupid?
>>
>>580499
Hi. KFC twigs !DouCt/8SKk here, representative of /mu/.
I'm one of the few tripfags that the majority of /mu/ actually likes, and I'm told the reason for this is because I always add positively to every conversation. Sometimes, on rare occasion, I help derail the ones that are legitimately terrible and have no place on /mu/.
Please don't kill me; they like me. They say I'm helpful. It's nice to be loved or at least tolerated for once.
>>
Still waiting for mods to allow OPs the option of disabling tripcodes in threads.
>>
File: 1453075398804.png (15 KB, 1304x296) Image search: [Google]
1453075398804.png
15 KB, 1304x296
>>
>>580499
dumb frogposter
>>
>>580803
That mod is long gone
>>
>>580808
So? Does it make it less relevant today?
>>
>waaaaa delete things i dont like
>>
File: yaoi.png (206 KB, 252x447) Image search: [Google]
yaoi.png
206 KB, 252x447
Reminder that people who respond to tripfags with worthless shit like "fuck off tripfag" are the problem here.
>>
>>580833
The age old "just don't respond and they'll go away" literally never works either
>>
File: 1379363989409.gif (622 KB, 480x304) Image search: [Google]
1379363989409.gif
622 KB, 480x304
>some particularly autistic people on both sides keep at it
>le hitlerally never works
>>
>>580833
Not him but not responding to tripfags doesn't necessarily mean ignoring the whole issue.

I've always thought that by far the best method is to respond to people who are talking to tripfags and tell _them_ to fuck off. Or even just a polite "stop responding to tripfags".

It's even more effective than telling fighting them directly in my opinion because if everyone did this then as long as nobody is talking to them then they will be successfully ignored, but at the same time whenever someone does respond to them newfags will still get to see that tripfags are despised.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.