[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pls go do not pass go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (704 B, 95x20) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
704 B, 95x20
copied from >>/g/55410277

hey /g/ I have an idea.
Since there is a large amount of new tripfags shitting up our board, as well as new stupid generals every day, we should start a community filter to filter out all the garbage.
Anytime you see a tripfa gs, add it to the filter list. We can add it to 4chanX or even just manually update our list every once in a while to keep everyone in sync. We can keep it in a pastebin or something.

barely anyone bothers to filter tripcancers, but when potentially good newfriends come along, they see tripfags and the attention they get and want a piece of the pie. this, in turn, leads to more triptumors shitting all over the place.

we need to get on top of this

I think it would be a great way to make /g/ a better place for everyone.

once their posts stop being seen, they will be forced to either stop using the trip code or go back to reddi t.

adding a way to sync to the master filter list to the sticky and wiki would be great too.

how can we organize this? let's get some ideas.

>inb4 i'll make the logo
>inb4 tripfags shitting up the thread
>inb4 op can't inb4

thanks
>>
The filter system filters people who reply to that person
>>
>>580497
nobody will reply if nobody will see them.

the usual response is just

"Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!" anyway.
>>
I've had a similar idea years ago but I abandoned it because it's too easy to abuse.
>>
Just install an ocular filter if tripfags bother you that much you dumb piece of shit.
>>
>>580539
it's not about me it's about newfags you idiot.
we have to keep them away from all the garbage before they turn into the next wave of it
>>
>>580500
this isn't true at all, especially in larger threads

but really who cares anyway, barely any posts on /g/ are worth reading in the first place
>>
>>580895
this is exactly my point
they aren't worth reading because they're all hiveminded memespeak, and people come to 4chan and imitate those because they're the majority, trying to "fit in". If we hide those by default, impressionable younglings won't have bad influences to imitate.
>>
>>580500
>just doing my bait
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.