[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason for why generals on /int/ can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: 1465045723383.gif (2 MB, 420x360) Image search: [Google]
1465045723383.gif
2 MB, 420x360
Give me one good reason for why generals on /int/ can't have anime in their OPs.
>>
Give me one good reason why an international board should be balkanized into country and regional blogging generals.
>>
File: not an argument.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
not an argument.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
>>579944
>Give me one good reason why an international board should be balkanized into country and regional blogging generals.

First of all, this does not respond to my main point.

Second, as to answer your question, /int/ has had generals ever since it came into existence.

There are threads for the joint discussion of the people of various countries, and then there are the threads for discussion of and in a specific language, and the affairs of the countries involved in said countries or group of countries.

I end my statement by saying that the premise of your very question implies that the problem is not anime itself, but rather, general threads, and thus, within this logical framework, the correct course of action would be to ban general threads like /lat/ or /mena/ altogether, rather than do anything in particular regards to anime.

Your move.
>>
>>579950
Generals are cancer, you should know this. Anime should stay but generals got to go.
>>
File: 1462492930368.jpg (5 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
1462492930368.jpg
5 KB, 309x163
>>579959
>generals are cancer
Your statement lacks support in the form of observations, data, experiment and statistics.

I must remind you that generals are a most important part of /int/ language.

They bring together several countries, like Canada, the US and Mexico, or Portugal and Brazil, to play and discuss together.

In adition to that, they are fundamental to the organized speech of a given language.

Generals are literally half of /int/, and all of them are always up.

I also have a large stock of Molyneux, so please do take your time to make an actual argument.
>>
>>579959
Generals are important for everyone but americans
>>
>>579973
>I must remind you that generals are a most important part of /int/ language.
So that's why the mods are cracking down, right?
/int/ shouldn't be generals.
>>
File: 1445829257295.jpg (114 KB, 953x719) Image search: [Google]
1445829257295.jpg
114 KB, 953x719
They can't? What's this then: >>>/int/61614252
>>
File: 1462494815834.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
1462494815834.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>579977
>mods are cracking down on generals with anime OPs
>generals are a part of /int/ board culture
>therefore generals shouldn't exist

You have made countless logical leaps, you have summoned countless logical fallacies and your statement is illogiccal in countless ways.
>>
>>579987
>/int/ board culture is generals
So you endorse cancer anon?
>>
>>579950
/int/ had a couple generals. The Swedish one imported from /sp/ and uhh... I can't remember the other ones which were that old. Maybe the ones for the post-soviet states?
It did not have 30 of them and having even one of them is too many. Least of all should there be English language generals.
For casual discussion between compatriots there is facebook, twitter, and a multitide of other websites geared to that end. You can also just go outside.
What is international about talking them?

Epic meme, by the way.
>>
>>579991
>What is international about talking them?
Whoops. Remove the "talking" in this sentence.
>>
File: 1463960576445.jpg (235 KB, 973x555) Image search: [Google]
1463960576445.jpg
235 KB, 973x555
>>579990
>>/int/ board culture is generals
Strawman argument.
Generals are part of /int/ board cultures.

>So you endorse cancer anon?

Black and white argument:
I endorse board culture.

Strawman argument:
I never said I endorse generals.

False premise question argument:
Generals are not cancer.

Burden of proof:
Why are generals cancer?
>>
>>579997
No you see, we're not arguing.
This isn't an argument it's a statement. Now take your jabroni ass outta here.
>>
File: 1462495840024.jpg (20 KB, 720x533) Image search: [Google]
1462495840024.jpg
20 KB, 720x533
>>579991
>I can't remember the other ones which were that old

Your lack of understanding of this subject compromises your reliability to argue upon it.

>It did not have 30 of them and having even one of them is too many

You are exaggerating. Go to /int/ and check how many generals there are.

>For casual discussion between compatriots there is facebook, twitter, and a multitide of other websites geared to that end. You can also just go outside.

The same could be said about anything else.
>for the discussion of sports there needs no to be /sp/, you can just discuss them on Facebook
>for the discussion of anime there needs no to be /a/, you can just go to akibahara
Etc.

>What is international about talking them?
1) People are talking in languages other than English, which is 4chan's default language
2) People can learn new languages, by asking for help with grammar, syntax, semantics and so on
3) Generals group different countries together. For example, Portugal and Brazil, or the US and Mexico, or France and Algeria, or Spain and Argentina, or native Japanese with Japanese Americans, and so on.
4) People get to discuss the affairs and issues regarding these respective issues, which include sports, culture, politics, news, tourism, and so on.

By the way, you are also drifting from the main point, which is not to regards to generals, but anime in the OPs of generals. There is no crakcdown in generals as of now, but instead, OPs that display anime are getting banned.
>>
>>579999
Then I'm going to make the statement that you are a fucking huge faggot and you are a waste of your digits you fucking piece of shit.

:^)
>>
>>579940
there literally is none except for newfag mods
>>
>>580009
No bully, I get bullied by a girl and now I get bullied by a rude /int/ poster who supports cancer.
>>
>>580013
You must be quite the newfriend to say the word cancer over and over. I was going to ask you to go back to Gaia but you're also to much of a newfriend to understand what that means.
>>
>>580020
Gaia is the site that was before digg that used to be the boogeyman and it was an anime site.
>>
Good morning lads
>>
>>580038
>morning
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1 MB, 1401x2412) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1 MB, 1401x2412
>>580004
>>You are exaggerating. Go to /int/ and check how many generals there are.
Okay, you're right.
It was 29.
>>
>>580075
Oh, and I just noticed I missed one. There are at least 30 general threads on /int/ right now.
>>
>>580079
Oh shit, I missed that /polska/ one, too.
>>
>>579950
>There are threads for the joint discussion of the people of various countries, and then there are the threads for discussion of and in a specific language, and the affairs of the countries involved in said countries or group of countries.

Have you ever visited a single general?
Most of them are anime-ERP, alt-right circlejerking and ridiculous facebook-tier spam.
>>
>>579940
Mods allowed a furry pic in some general's OP, meanwhile the generals with anime get deleted/autosaged
>>
>>579940
Because anime is retarded shit that has fuck all to do with /int/.
>>
>>580009
I hate generals, but you seem based desu. I wish more people debate like you.
>>
>>580391
Anon, please look at the address bar on your web browser

Do you not see the part that says "4chan"?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.