[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You people hate 4chan and want to turn it into something else.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: 1467030714006.jpg (273 KB, 904x711) Image search: [Google]
1467030714006.jpg
273 KB, 904x711
You people hate 4chan and want to turn it into something else.

Discuss.
>>
I don't, but some of these people do. It's what happens when you get trolled so hard on 4chan that you spend the next 8 years of your life crusading against the website because of a single comment someone made about you that was probably 100% true. Some people can't let shit go.
>>
>>579539
no, i want to preserve it
>>
>>579539
No I want it to be an anime/hobby imageboard
>>
>>579539
only normalfags want to change 4chan into something else
>>
>>579580
I'll die on this hill.
>>
Only shitposters think 4chan is good as it is when the current state of 4chan obviously pisses most people off to some degree.
>>
File: jeter14591.gif (3 MB, 369x183) Image search: [Google]
jeter14591.gif
3 MB, 369x183
i'm just here to laugh at all the autists.

i think 4chan is fine as is.
>>
>tfw you're an oldfag and you're slowly starting to prefer reddit over the years because the quality of discussion on this website has got so fucking bad
>>
>>579615
Oh wow a genuine authentic oldfag
tell me about the boxxy wars
>>
>>579615
>tfw your probably full of shit
>>
>>579615
If you were an oldfag, you'd realize the site is shit because of Reddit.
>>
>>579539
I like 4chan, I just want clear distinctions between the different boards. Discussion of anime shouldn't be allowed on /tg/ for example, anymore than discussion of tabletop games should be allowed on /a/.
>>
>>579643
hola senor reddit
>>
>>579643
What's good, tumblr/reddit who loves using /tg/ like it's a normalfag board.
>>
>>579539
I want to turn 4chan back to the way it was before.
>>
>>579615
Nice try, redditor.
>>
>>579539
So do you.
>>
>>579624
And before reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, Digg, Facebook, Gaia Online, Ebaumsworld, Something Awful, Fox News, and whatever else.

Have you considered maybe it's 4chan's fault for being so vulnerable to outside influences?
>>
4chan is made bad by 4chan. Funny how this is new information to some people. That's how it works on very other website, so why would 4chan be any different?
>>
>>579746
I'm infalliable and project myself onto other posters, duh
>>
>>579539
I just want to be able to discuss technology on /g/ without being overrun with regurgitated vidya fanboy memes and waifutard blogs

Is it so hard /qa/?
>>
>>579808
>Is it so hard
You're asking that on 4chan. You need to sweat blood daily for 2 months to move a grain of sand on cancer beach.
>>
>>579615
Sup Reddit?
>>
>>579539
I want to make hating videogames permabannable in /v/, at least as a social experiement
>>
>>579701
Nobody said that 4chan went to shit because of any of those sites, except Gaia and that was more of an Internet wide meme
>>
>>579893
Hating a single game or saying that you hate video games in general.
>>
>>579808
Its kind of sad that /v/ is actually getting somewhat better and /g/ isn't.
>>
>>579900
/v/ isn't. It's still shit every time I go there.
Hell it's worse because the mods get uppity over CWC threads (fuck off it's vidya)
>>
>>579896
Are you absolutely positive that nobody said Tumblr and Twitter reduced 4chan's quality?
>>
>>579898
Any and all videogames, video gaming in general is not really much and just picking out the obnoxious cases like the TORtanics threads back then or Undertale now would inevitably end with claims of favoritism.
>>
>>579906
Not before Reddit.
>>
>>579909
Pick a goalpost and stick with it, goddamn.
>>
>>579908
Well that's fucking stupid. Are you telling me I'm not allowed to tell someone has shit taste in vidya and tell them it's shit?
>>
>>579913
Do Nobody cares about your opinions either.
>>
>>579913
You're allowed. And the mods are allowed to ban you.
>>
>>579927
That's stupid.
>>
>>579929
Welcome to 4chan. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>579913
Yes. So what?
>>
But it's because I care that I'm here.
>>
>>579539
I want reddit but with the 4chan community instead of redditors.
>>
>>579902
Yes, yes it is. Comparing it to 2014, i'd see a blatant offtopic thread everytime I checked the catalog but the rate has decreased now. It's strange because every other board is becoming worse by the week.
>>
File: firefox_2016-07-04_00-01-31.png (208 KB, 1440x870) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-07-04_00-01-31.png
208 KB, 1440x870
>>580101
Actually, that exists. Pic related. Notice how the top voted thread is somebody complaining about outsiders coming in and ruining everything. It's exactly the same as 4chan.

http://voat.co
>>
let me comment as an oldfag.

there used to be a lot of memeing in my days on 4chan. but it was treated like a simple injoke that other 4chan users used. hence why someone who just joined the site would be told to lurk more so he could learn the lingo and general culture.

now memes have become some kind of strange meta "thing". its not even about being funny or pointing out/satirizing something. its become its own form of communication that i have no idea how to speak.
if i go to something like s4s right now, i literally have no idea whats going on. the first post is a meme, the response is a meme, the counter response is a meme. its like people are talking in symbols and metaphors instead of just saying what they mean.

and thats why i dislike most of the "new" 4chan. there are still some niche boards that are good. but any kind of general on any board is just unintelligible to me nowadays
>>
>>580228
>>580101

Le epic post my friends xD Let me upvote you now!
>>
>>580435
nobody's communicating in /s4s/
>>
File: troll face.png (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
troll face.png
57 KB, 300x300
niger cuk
>>
>>580461
what's going on in those Wayne Coyne threads
>>
>>580466
anigi
>>
Question: Why do any of you think this site IS for discussion at all?
>>
>>580476
Why do you think a anime/hobby imageboard is for shitposting?
>>
>>580478
It's self evident. You are the one that should leave.
>>
>>580480
>people who want actually discussion should leave
This is fucking retarded. The only people who'd want a website entirely about shitposting would either be mentally disabled kids or redditfags who take actual discussion to their shit website.
>>
>>580485
As I said, it is self evident.
>>
4chan has been turned into badReddit and badFacebook by a toxic userbase and cannot be reclaimed

give it up
>>
If you honestly think you can get anyone to stop arguing, then it's not going to happen, no matter what measures you put in place. Rules are the one big lie of this world.
>>
Because theres too many people, they need to go away
>>
>>580461
so then whats the point of that board?

just a image dump for people who think their memes are funny but actually arent so they dont polute the rest of their board ?
>>
>>580442
Yeah, and this ironic shitposting you're doing right now is the exact kind of ironic shitposting they do there, but they get downvoted for it, and you get a (You) for it.

They get replies too, of course, but they also get downvotes.
>>
>>579544
First post best post.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.