[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>paying for images
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: what?.png (2 MB, 2536x1310) Image search: [Google]
what?.png
2 MB, 2536x1310
So after getting tired of seeing the fucking Getty Imashits watermark on half the pics I see I decided to investigate what the fuzz was about.

>$500 for a picture
>every fucking picture
>$125 for a sub 1 Megapixel pic

How is this shit allowed? What am I missing here lads?
>>
You're not a news corporation with a budget in the dozens if not hundreds of millions.
Stock photos are used all the time in news stories.
There's also things like movies or video games, again with budgets far above most individuals.
>>
>>578865
>What am I missing here lads?
A considerable amount of brain cells
>>
>>578865

It's a stock image, probably royalty-free too.
News stations use them because it's actually cheaper to pay that one time fee for permanent rights to the image instead of licensing something else.

Also the images that are posted here with the watermark are probably just Google search results and it's somewhat of a meme to purposely post stock images with watermarks on them.
>>
>>578892
>it's somewhat of a meme to purposely post stock images with watermarks on them.

this tbqh
>>
>>578865
welcome to the 21th century's first world problems.
everything is expensive even art trades.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.