[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Midfag here. Question for the oldfags and my fellow midfags:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: 1463085847104.jpg (54 KB, 683x561) Image search: [Google]
1463085847104.jpg
54 KB, 683x561
Midfag here.

Question for the oldfags and my fellow midfags:
How should we deal with the newfags?
>>
By lurking moar.
>>
Are you sure that's lurking time and not actual age?
>>
File: 1467308840686.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1467308840686.png
38 KB, 499x338
>months
>not years
>>
>8 months
>oldfag
I seriously hope that this is a joke.
>>
>>577855
no joke. If more midfag's started making oc like op this place would still be shit
>>
File: fancy-bathroom-sinks-8.jpg (89 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
fancy-bathroom-sinks-8.jpg
89 KB, 600x597
> havent lurked /b/ for fucking years
> used to be there 24/7 for fucking years
> unsure if oldfag or neonewfag
>>
>>577834
Make it clear that there is no real discussion on this site.
>>
>8 months
>oldfag
what the fuck
I've been here for 4 years and I don't consider myself an oldfag at all
>>
>>577834
>Actually caring about oldfag status on an anonymous website you can lie on easily.
>>
>>577834
Yay, I'm not a newfag anymore :D
>>
>>578030
Your waifu is still shit.
>>
>>577834
This is pretty good bait.

I've been here 10 years and let me tell you. Newfags are a constant. They come from word of mouth in high school and there's nothing that can be done about them. Trying to stop them from coming in won't work. Do your best to educate them on our ways and more importantly, figure out how to constantly update yourself. 4chan's culture evolves and you don't want to become some kind of grumpy old man who thinks thing were best back in your nostalgic golden years. Update. You're probably in your 20s. Things weren't better when you were a retarded 16 year old underage ban. You were just an idiot back then.

Hope that helps, OP. Your question is fundamentally flawed because you're full of yourself.
>>
>>577909
Are you socially retarded and don't understand how to fit into groups? If yes, you're a newfag, if no, you're an oldfag.
>>
If it takes you more than 4 months to trash this stupid FBI honeypot you have a mild form of autism.
>>
File: 1358125033983.png (285 KB, 448x421) Image search: [Google]
1358125033983.png
285 KB, 448x421
>>577834
>>578030
>>578034
>>
File: fixed.jpg (48 KB, 683x561) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
48 KB, 683x561
I fixed the chart
>>
>>578187
I've been here for two months since I came from Reddit, and I consider myself an old-F.
>>
>>578190
you're trying too hard, it's too obvious
>>
File: 0.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>tfw you realize you've been here for 9 years
>>
>lurking
I've been posting since day one
>>
I'll be honest with you lads

Popular 4chan boards (such as /int/ and /pol/ feel like fresh reddit threads because users ironically fall for obvious bait 24/7 nowadays

It's sickening, I wish we could have a good time like we used to without taking everything so fucking seriously
>>
>>580170
forgot to close semicolon, forgive me friends
>>
File: 1459396688603.png (110 KB, 259x300) Image search: [Google]
1459396688603.png
110 KB, 259x300
>>580170
>there are redditers on /pol/ right now who were tricked into hating jews verbally irl
>>
>>580180
I don't hate Jews senpai, just this place used to be a bit more fun before everyone started taking everything seriously (like they do on reddit) -- I mean, can't you understand a joke without over-reacting?

baka
>>
>>580186
that was my joke
I'm being serious
there are redditors who come on /pol/ and believe all the jew memes and verbally say shit irl like the autists they are
it's some top fucking stuff
>>
>>580186
s/baka/shake\s\my\head\s

(hecking wordfilter)
>>
>>580191

there are definite plebbitors after certain boards (such as the_donald, as an example) -- I wish wish the boards were openly and unapologetic racist as they once were to discourage newcomers who can't understand a joke
>>
>>577846
>>577855
>>578014
It's /b/ stupid.
Who the fuck is going to spend 8 years on /b/
4 months should qualify you for an oldfag honestly, because I can't imagine anyone staying there longer than 4 months.
>>
>>580205
/b/ is pretty garbage, nearly too predictable, it's usual that you'll go to another blue board w/ more niche interests (most often /g/, /a/ and /jp/) after you outgrow /b/ and start to find the content too stale
>>
>>577834
>Midfag here.
By your chart, that makes you easily a newfag in reality.

You need to stay here for at least a year to even consider calling yourself "not a newfag".
>>
>>580316
I think that after a year you'd already realize that you are a complete newfag, but I suppose that there are too many delusional people to expect that to be the case.
>>
>>580205
Well, I spent 4/5 years on /b/, but /b/ back then wasn't so cancerous like it is nowadays.
>>
>>580448
So was this the Habbo Hotel Niggers Get Out Of The Pool Cockmongler Jesus Christ It's A Lion Get In The Car Advice Animals FUUUUUUUU-- AAAIIIIIIRRR Not-So-Cancerous "The Cancer That's Killing /b/" /b/ that you spent 4 or 5 years on? Tell me all about how non-cancerous /b/ was back in the day.

Were 90% of the threads shit but you can sift through and find some nuggets of gold? Still like that, Anon. You just don't like Gold anymore. You got old.
>>
Let's get some context about how 4chan used to be.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/The_Cancer_That_Is_Killing_/b/

Keep in mind that any actual proof of how things used to be is necessarily wrong because of your feelings, but just give it a read anyway.

We've been complaining about newfags since forever. They've always been around. It's not new. It's not special.
>>
File: 1271821341917.png (10 KB, 392x72) Image search: [Google]
1271821341917.png
10 KB, 392x72
>>580920
I said that it wasn't so cancerous, not that it wasn't cancerous.
>>
>>580925
The cancer is in your mind. You're just less tolerant.
>>
>>580924
> Bottom Line

>In the end though 'The cancer that is killing /b/' is just another way for oldfags to exert themselves above others with a false sense of superiority. As if being part of /b/ longer makes you any more or less of a dickhead than anyone else. When your only form of social interaction is an image board, it's not surprising that you might create your own ridiculous and irrelevant social hierarchy in order to boost your own sense of self-importance, and then claim that others are ruining it to further solidify your non-existent status. Usually this is how people come to terms with the fact that once they're rotting in the ground, no one will give a shit about them, or even care that they lived.

Ugh.
>>
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Eternal_September

Another piece of required reading. Note the weird random references that have no purpose being there, like the reference to "NEDM".
>>
>>577909
MODS
>>
>>578051
That's not the defiition of newfag or oldfag, Anon.
>>
>>580928
You weren't here in 2005-6, weren't you?
The userbase of /b/ radically changed, and if you can't see that, you totally weren't here.
>>
>>580947
I was there, but I was 18 at the time.

I'm 28 now.

The me who was there doesn't exist anymore. It has been 10 fucking years. My memory of that time is clouded by nostalgia. But you know what else I have? I have something far more accurate than my shitty human meat brain memory. I have records.

And the records and logs and screencaps? They conflict with my memory. Are they faked or are my memories just inaccurate?

Maybe you should be asking yourself the same fucking question, dipshit.
>>
Y'know honestly a lot of people claim you need to be here for years upon years to be a respectable poster but it doesn't take nearly that long to acclimate to board culture. Some people are retarded and can't get it no matter how long they're here but others are practically "oldfags" within months.
>>
>>580950
I also have screencaps, and I can surely say /b/ nowadays is 96% underage, not to mention that it's full of moralfags.
>>
>>580957
This is why some people test seniority using old memes that you could've missed if you weren't active for a week or a month for one period in 2010 or something like that.

Not that those things don't make the occasional resurgence anyways which lets newcomers know about it.

Especially the faster the board the easier it is to miss something even if you're active there.
>>
>>580964
It was 96% underage in fucking 2005 too, you dumbass! MOOT was fucking underage in 2005. He was born in 1988. That means he'd be 17 in 2005.
>>
>>581082
No, it wasn't 96% underage in 2005/6. I remember threads about "post your car" and shit like this, and these threads had, like, 100-200 replies?
You have to be retarded to not see that /b/ userbase changed.
Nobody knew that moot was underage when he created 4chan until 2008. Everybody used to think that he was 19-20.
>>
>>581095
The /b/ userbase didn't change. YOU did, and it stayed the same. You used to be underaged, or just fresh out of not being underage. Now you've been a grown adult for 10 fucking years. How do you not see this shit?

19 year olds act like underaged faggots when you're 29.
>>
>>581095
>post your car means they're not underage
>legal driving age in the us is 16
>>
>>581095
Nobody knew that moot was underage when he created 4chan until 2008. Everybody used to think that he was 19-20.
Is that so? Huh. Say, do you think the same might be true about the MAJORITY of 2006 and earlier /b/? That everybody just THOUGHT they were in their 19-20's but they were actually a bunch of underaged kiddos?
>>
>>580920
Because those shenanigans were cheeky and fun, /b/'s current shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which doesn't really make them shenanigans.

Face it OP. You've been here for 8 months and want to pretend you have an opinion worth value. At best you're going to be an eternal newfag for having that mindset, but let's be honest and call you what you really are. Cancer.

In honesty, you have to have posted here since at least 2005 or 2006 to be consider an oldfag. 2003 and 2004 are ancientfags. Anything after clearly wasn't on 4chan when it was in it's prime and ergo, are newfags or cancer.
>>
File: oldfag2.jpg (579 KB, 1024x5900) Image search: [Google]
oldfag2.jpg
579 KB, 1024x5900
>>577834
>"oldfag" folks of /b/
>>
>>581167
>>581179
>>581188
Nigga, even moot confirmed multiple times that /b/ changed. moot, that bastard faggot who used to put a different CSS hack every fucking month back in 2006.
>>
>>581268
MOOT has done the same bullshit that you're doing now. Forgetting what it was REALLY like, and associating your feelings with fact. The fact of the matter is, your feelings about /b/ changed, not /b/. I'm not gonna take some appeal to authority bullshit when we all know moot is just as human as the rest of us.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.