[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do containment boards/threads like /jp/, /vg/, /vp/ help or are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1265697060611.jpg (102 KB, 545x1644) Image search: [Google]
1265697060611.jpg
102 KB, 545x1644
Do containment boards/threads like /jp/, /vg/, /vp/ help or are they a detriment in the long run by validating the behavior you're trying to purge and then attracting unwanted people that then crossboard?
>>
>>577366
It's a short-term solution that eventually spreads to other boards given that those boards are very lax in nature(low standards) and are a constant burden on moderation to keep them in check. Unfortunately, moderation cannot realistically keep them all in check as evidenced by the huge spread in generals to every board. That's not to say that other boards' users cannot crossboard, but they tend to keep to themselves. You've seen the massive influence /pol/ has on /tv/ and /v/, correct?
>>
>>577366
yeah but we are way past the point of going back.
>>
>>577366
Depends on how well defined the waste that's being contained is./mlp/ works perfectly.
>>
I'm not aware of any complaints other boards have made about /jp/, /vp/, or /mlp/. You can hate the subject matter of these containment boards, but they've developed their own culture and in many ways have surpassed and improved in quality from the boards they were split from.
Complaints about /vg/ are complaints against the concept of a general thread itself, and generals on other boards continue to spread so I view that as a far greater concern.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.