[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that 4chan is the intellectual elite of the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: shark.jpg (35 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
shark.jpg
35 KB, 398x409
Can we all agree that 4chan is the intellectual elite of the internet?
>>
>>576718
nobody is intellectually elite on the internet, anything worth keeping gets put on paper
>>
>>576718
And /int/ is the intellectual elite of 4chan.
>>
>>576721
>paper
hello grandpa
>>
>>576718
No we can't all agree on anything Anon. You thoroughly misunderstand 4chan if you think that "Can we all agree" will ever be answered yes, regardless of what follows.

"Can we all agree that 1 + 1 = 2 in standard arithmetic?"

No, we can't.
>>
>>576739
That's because 1 + 1 = 11.
>>
>>576789
Not in standard arithmetic. You're thinking of concatenating strings. I was performing a mathematical operation on ints.
>>
Nice meme, my friend.
>>
>>576718
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAREYOUFORREALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>576718
Nah, it's the biggest shithole on the internet.
>>
>>576807
what is standard besides what is agreed upon? what does it mean to agree upon a standard? by whose consensus?
>>
Anyway, OP, from what you can see in these posts here

>>577117 >>576807 >>576789 >>576739

No, we can't agree on anything. I hope that clears things up for you.
>>
All I can say is that the number of "intellectual" posts severely decreased once people started phone posting en masse. Posts longer than a few sentences went from rare to practically extinct across all boards and the level of discourse suffered noticeably.
>>
>>577183
Nope. Confirmation bias. Tail wagging the dog. You think it and you want to believe it so you're discarding all evidence to the contrary. 4chan has always been an intellectual wasteland of idiots pretending to be smart and smart people pretending to be idiots dancing together till the end of time. Don't delude yourself. The barrier of entry has nothing to do with the quality of discussion no matter how hard people cling to that notion, no matter how many times we post evidence to the contrary, and no matter how many times we repeat ourselves. Phone posters are exactly the same as everybody else. Everybody is the same as everybody else. We used to say everybody stupid was from Gaia. We say everybody stupid is from Reddit. We say everybody stupid is on a Phone. We say everybody stupid is a Shill. It's all the fucking same.
>>
here in 4chan we discuss philosophy all day long solely for fun
>>
do you wish it to be ? there is no reason some boards couldn't have more intelligent discussions
>>
>>577217
what about dicussion about topics not talked about on other sites? that makes some discussions here better if not """"intellectual""""""
>>
>>577982
>""""intellectual""""""
stop doing this, you look like a profoundly retarded idiot when you do it
>>
>>577993
more like you sound like pretensius redditor
>>
>>578012
But redditors don't even act that way. Redditors go "Huh? WHat is with this quotation marks thing? I should go do research and figure out why they do that" and then they go post on /r/OutOfTheLoop about it. You don't even fucking know what you're talking about. Pick the right boogeyman. They sound like a /qa/tari.

>>577982
There are no topics not talked about on other sites except for meta 4chan discussion like board tans, or "THE MODS BANNED ME HELP" or the like, and even those have small offshoot sites for them, usually on reddit or 8gag, or other satelite websites like plus4chan and shit like that.

But that's besides the point. I was arguing that "intellectual" posts have not "decreased" because they are always constantly at a perceived all time low, but from my perspective they haven't gotten any dumber in the last 8 years.
>>
>>576718

It's the counter-culture of the internet that's for sure, but it's not necessary intellectual.

A lot of boards show alarming displays of anti-intellectualism constantly, some would even say most of them do.
>>
>>576718
It is
>>
>>578050
No way, they parrot all of the rules of society far too much to be considered a counter culture.
>>
>>577117
What a stupid thing to say. You are literally taking about mathematics
>>
>>578144
Numbers are also meaningless. I can call a single dot "7" and it would be just as valid as calling it "1".
>>
Just don't forget science and math papers posted online, they do count for a little something.
>>
>>578150
Yeah but it still represent one dot. You realise that different languages use different names for different numbers, right? Not everyone calls 1 "one", but its still 1. Its not subjective
>>
>>576718
>Can we all agree that 4chan is the intellectual elite of the internet?

Maybe when you stop being so new, you'll understand how asinine that implication is.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.