[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1564164.jpg (44 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1564164.jpg
44 KB, 251x231
Recently I'm seeing more and more blog posts, non-anime reaction images, extremely casual comments from people obviously not into anime or people straight up defending things that no one would've accepted back then. A recurrent example :

>Anon A mentions the word "normie".
Anons B, C and sometimes D :
>normie
"Fuck off"
"Kill yourself"
"Go back to [insert /v/, /r9k/ or /pol/]."
etc

What the hell happened? Wasn't /a/ supposed to be one of the last bastions against normalfaggotery? We got flooded by reddit or /co/ or something? Recently that show, Kuma Miko ended and everyone was acting like some stupid triggered feminists over the ending, about how it was "offensive" and other nonsense. I even caught one anon mentioning "SJWs" in a pejorative way only to be received with the same kinds of replies I typed above (i.e. "kill yourself", etc). So /a/ is pro-SJWs now? Back in the days I actually was thinking how sometimes /a/ was going slightly overboard with their neckbeard way of thinking but here it's like things did a complete 180°.

I don't know where I could post this without getting banned so I decided to do that here. I might get banned actually but I don't care, I just want to discuss this with others.
>>
>>576463
You're not this retarded, are you?
Just based on that example I can almost tell how retarded you are. Stay in /r9k/ and leave /a/.
>>
>>576479
I am never browsing /r9k/.
>"Back in the days I actually was thinking how sometimes /a/ was going slightly overboard with their neckbeard way of thinking but here it's like things did a complete 180°."

Put your ego on the side and go on and enlighten me because right now your post is not holding any point or argument whatsoever. This is an anonymous website, no one gives a shit of you acting all tough.
>>
>>576480
If you can't decipher why the word 'normie' is a red flag on /a/, you are beyond helping. Maybe look at recent events if that will help.
>>
File: 1428387128087.gif (1 MB, 328x198) Image search: [Google]
1428387128087.gif
1 MB, 328x198
Hiro refuses to keep 4chan, 4chan

also >le boogyman /pol/

people should be banned for that, everyone knows /a/ and /pol/ are friends
>>
>>576463
>So /a/ is pro-SJWs now?
Telling someone to kill themselves for bringing up the SJW boogieman does not mean they are pro-SJW
>>
>b-but normies
>b-but SJWs
Fuck off, you aren't special.
>>
>>576481
I'm on /qa/ exactly because I want to understand what happened recently for things to have changed that way. Why do you keep putting your ego on the table and talk to me in such a condescending way? I get it you're trying to make yourself feel better but this is completely off-topic and unneeded anon, we'll never see each other again.

So once again, prove you are the better man here by explaining your point to me instead of acing like a mentally ill manchild.

>>576488
Same goes to you.
>>
>>576490
Did you just tell me "no u"? Holy shit, ``lmao''.
>>
File: 1457726150748.gif (296 KB, 378x512) Image search: [Google]
1457726150748.gif
296 KB, 378x512
>>576488
>thinking its ok for normies to invade 4chan
>>
>>576490
Have you exhausted all your options before coming on /qa/ to ask a question?
>>
>>576494
This is pretty funny coming from the guy posting anime girls with Trump hats and greentexting.

You guys are beyond any help.
>>
>>576493
No I was referring to what I typed above. 4chan is 18+ by the way.

>>576495
You are once again giving me an empty reply meant to somehow boost your ego.
>>
>>576498
l o l
>>
>>576490
>what happened recently for things to have changed that way
People like you happened.
>>
/a/ has declined quite while ago already but wasn't so bad last year. At least then people would at least tell normies to fuck off. Nowadays even mods and jannies started to side with them.

>>576497
Why are you here?
>>
If you say "normie" instead of "normalfag" you're a faggot yourself and infected with a case of the /r9k/.
>>
>>576502
Still no point given or explained. Well done.
>>
>>576497
>This is pretty funny coming from the guy posting anime girl

Where do you think you are?

> with Trump hats

Whats wrong with trump?

>greentexting.

First point

Please fuck off back to what ever website you festered from
>>
>>576498
If you had any recollection of past events you would realize as to why 'normie' sets off a red flag. I then asked you an honest question as to why you're still replying to me instead of helping yourself. This has nothing to do with any sort of ego comforting or whatever you're thinking.
>>
>>576505
It's almost like /qa/ isn't here to spoonfeed dumb faggots.

Lurk more.
>>
>>576494
Who are you quoting?

>>576506
Those are pretty normalfag things to do, sorry.
>>
>>576504
They're both exactly the same thing.

>>576507
>recollection of past events
>'normie' sets off a red flag
Go on and explain to me then because I must've missed this mysterious chapter you're trying so hard to conceal just for the sake of filling up your inferiority complex.
>>
this is a bait thread and you should stop posting in it, OP is clearly beyond help like it has already been stated
>>
>>576510
>because I must've missed this mysterious chapter
Not everybody is online all the time. Fortunately, people with a modicum of knowledge know where to find things they've missed. It is not very fucking difficult.
>>
>>576509
>Who are you quoting?
having to resort to memes, ok then famalam

>Those are pretty normalfag things to do, sorry.
Dodging my points, yeah no fuck off you annoying cunt
>>
>>576510
>because I must've missed this mysterious chapter
But you did, since the start of this thread. Look for the answer instead your heart.
>>
>>576514
with your heart.
>>
>>576511
OP has genuine concerns about his board, stop being a faggot
>>
>>576516
If OP knew the first fucking thing about "his board" he wouldn't have had to come to /qa/ to ask this question.
>>
>>576513
>having to resort to memes, ok then famalam
LOOOOOOOL
>>
>>576520
:^)
>>
>>576517
>If OP knew the first fucking thing about "his board" he wouldn't have had to come to /qa/ to ask this question.

To be fair, this is the place for him to ask questions.

Secondly why dont you try rebutting his points and telling him theres nothing to be worried about instead of calling him a fag
>>
>>576511
I am not baiting, like >>576516 said I genuinely wanted to put my thoughts on the table to have some sort of discussion. It's perfectly fine for people to disagree or call me a faggot, I didn't come here wanting people to agree with me and circlejerk with.

>>576512
>Not everybody is online all the time.
Exactly. I sometimes don't visit /a/ for a few months to avoid spoilers if I decide to watch non-airing shows.
>Fortunately, people with a modicum of knowledge know where to find things they've missed. It is not very fucking difficult.
You're just giving me reason here. If you don't have any real answer to give you should simply leave this thread.
>>
>>576523
Nobody actually wants to do that. He should just write off /a/ as a hive of wretched SJW scum and never visit the board again. Everybody wins.
>>
>>576528
There's no need to be upset anon; why are you upset?
>>
>7 IPs
>>
>>576536
Making fun of a retard is 4chan's stock in trade.

Given that you are said retard, I don't know why you would expect people to pat you on the back and encourage you to visit their board.
>>
>>576537
>people talking to each other
How dare they.
>>
>>576538
>retard
I am just the easy target in the room considering I was OP asking controversial and sensitive questions with buzzwords here and there.

Had the point of the conversation been reached differently you can be sure people would've sided differently just for the sake of being a contrarian faggot.

>expect people to pat you on the back and encourage you to visit their board
The hell are you on.
>>
>>576541
>I was OP asking controversial and sensitive questions with buzzwords here and there.I am just the easy target in the room considering I was OP asking controversial and sensitive questions with buzzwords here and there.
People are making fun of you because you come up with the most ignorant, convenient, self-serving, and self-evidently retarded explanations for things you don't understand.

This is what makes you the "easy target." You did it again just now, and you will probably continue doing so until the end of your days.
>>
>>576541
>Had the point of the conversation been reached differently you can be sure people would've sided differently just for the sake of being a contrarian faggot
How many more assumptions can you make?
>>
>>576545
>you will probably continue doing so until the end of your days.
That's a lot of projecting going on here. I am asking a question, of course I'm just going to put everything there as it is, why would I even need to hold back? As I said multiple times now, you have a rotten ago, and are having fun replying to each of my posts with the same tone you use every time you reply to anything on this website.

>self-serving
>>
>>576550
>why would I even need to hold back
To avoid looking like a retard when running your mouth off about things you don't understand.

>are having fun replying to each of my posts with the same tone you use every time you reply to anything on this website.
This is the tone I use to tell off arrogant, ignorant retards. I do happen to use it on quite a bit, but only because there are a lot of these people on 4chan.
>>
>>576550
You're not replying to the same person.
>>
Hiro doesn't care, he wants to flood the site with as much people as possible then sell it on

"oh look at all these users!"
>>
>>576551
>To avoid looking like a retard when running your mouth off about things you don't understand.
This is an anonymous website, anon. You in this thread right now trying to puff your chest at me is already proving you have nothing else to do of your time.

>This is the tone I use to tell off arrogant, ignorant retards. I do happen to use it on quite a bit, but only because there are a lot of these people on 4chan.
Holy shit haha. This is it.
>>
>>576554
>proving you have nothing else to do of your time.
You're on here too anon, don't act like you have nothing better to do
>>
>>576554
>This is an anonymous website, anon.
Thanks, I didn't realize that. No doubt you'll have many more splendid revelations for us in the future, esteemed 4chan expert.

>You in this thread right now trying to puff your chest at me is already proving you have nothing else to do of your time.
You are currently the #1 dumbest person posting on /qa/ right now. If there were another, I'd be talking to him.
>>
File: 1466724558618.png (240 KB, 453x660) Image search: [Google]
1466724558618.png
240 KB, 453x660
>>576537
>he cares about numbers and not quality
Tell us your aboat count anon on le reddit
>>
>>576554
Instead of replying, you could've found your answer within at least 2 minutes. I really wish I could understand, and again, it's not an ego issue.
>>
No one has a adressed OP's issues tho, you just keep calling him a faggot

What can be done about moral faggots and lefty cunts destroying /a/
>>
>>576554
People should be afraid to sound retarded on the internet, even when anonymous.

The fact that your immense stupidity will not follow you around for the rest of your life is still not a good reason to inflict it on othres.

>>576561
Suicide would solve most of your problems.
>>
>>576561
Please stop posting forever.
>>
>>576561
Just tell them to fuck off, in the same manner that OP has been told.
>>
>>576557
>>576557
>>576563
And then?

I don't give you more than 19, perhaps 21 if mentally ill.

Why is it so hard for you to give a straight answer anon? You're just showing how immature and egoill you are by posting these clichés lerude4chanpost over and over again. No better than the fedora faggots you're most likely making fun off.
>>
File: goback.jpg (39 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
goback.jpg
39 KB, 320x320
>>576563
>>576567
You have to go back
>>
>>576571
>And then?
You will no longer be a faggot, and we will all be rid of your stupidity. I'll pour one out for yo uover my desk.

>Why is it so hard for you to give a straight answer anon?
Don't mistake the inability to do so with the disinclination to do so. I am perfectly capable of sucking your dick. Doesn't mean that I'm going to.

>You're just showing how immature and egoill
You are a faggot demanding to be spoonfed because you are incapable of lurking, and shitting on everyone who isn't doing said spoonfeeding. You are trash.
>>
>>576571
Noone wants to spoonfeed a fucking faggot like you.
>>
>>576573
The fact that this is the response to being told to figure shit out for yourself illustrates perfectly the kind of trash that 4chan has been picking up over the years

I cry every time.
>>
>>576571
>lerude4chanpost
There we go. We're done here, pack it up. No reasonable discourse beyond this point despite OP having the answer before thread creation.
>>
>>576574
>>576578
That's a lot of upset vomit anon. You should take a deep breath and reconsider things a bit, it's not too late to improve.
>>
>>576578
I thought you were doing one of those things where you quote the other guy's post but replace the text to make him look like a retard, but he actually said it.

4chan never ceases to amaze.
>>
>>576578
>No reasonable discourse beyond this point
As if you even tried to discuss OP's point.
>>
>>576581
But I and others did. He simply refuses to listen. If he doesn't want to learn how to fish, why should I keep insisting?
>>
>>576581
Nobody with standards will ever discuss OP's point.

Tell you what - wait a week for everyone to forget what a retard, and then ask the same question without being a dumb cunt. Maybe someone will actually feed you next time.
>>
>>576583
forget what a retard you are, rather.
>>
>>576582
There's nothing to fish, anon. Are you actually hoping for OP to come out and be like "ohh okay, it's because it's Summer, right guys?"? How retarded are you?

>>576583
How pretentious can you be? This thread has been painful to follow but you have to be the cringiest of them all. Anon was on point on your case at least.
>>
>>576585
>Anon was on point on your case at least.
God forbid someone call a retard a retard.
>>
>>576587
>Are you actually hoping for OP to come out
I'll try this once more, just for you. Here are my two posts
>>576479
>>576481
And if can't do anything with this then no one can help you.
>>
>>576585
Following up >>576587 -

>Are you actually hoping for OP to come out and be like "ohh okay, it's because it's Summer, right guys?"?
Nobody was hoping for this. In fact, nobody even came close to implying this. Your understanding of this thread is as poor as OP's, which is a shame, because you don't seem to have his excuse of being completely mentally incapable.
>>
>>576590
I'm aware "normie" is mostly used by /r9k/, but by getting triggered by this simple word here you're no better than the people OP is talking about.

What about the other points that were brought up? I'll let you read the OP one more time.
>>
>>576594
>triggered
What "triggers" people is when people, either through rank stupidity or total ignorance, take a gigantic steaming shit on the culture of the board.

You should be able to figure this one out.
>>
>>576596
isn't this exactly what OP was complaining about?
>Recently I'm seeing more and more blog posts, non-anime reaction images, extremely casual comments from people obviously not into anime or people straight up defending things that no one would've accepted back then.

Thanks for giving me reason, Fedora-kun.
>>
File: 1445212803218.jpg (119 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
1445212803218.jpg
119 KB, 777x656
IIT : pic related
>>
>>576598
OP blatantly admitted to taking months off /a/ at a time. His undersatnding of the culture of /a/ is probably on par with his knowledge of theoretical astrophysics; that is, it's nil, and the fact that he has attempted to lecture people would be hilarious if it the audacity of it weren't so disgusting.
>>
>>576600
A lot of big words in here. Is this how you cope for being a failure at home?
>>
File: a cup within the cup itself.png (282 KB, 437x625) Image search: [Google]
a cup within the cup itself.png
282 KB, 437x625
>>576599
You're right, I never attached any.
>>576463
>>
>>576603
>A lot of big words in here.
There aren't any long words in there, but let me dumb it down for you:

OP is a retard. His perception of the changes in /a/ are false. His explanation for those suppoed changes are insultingly wrong. His vision of "old /a/" is ludicrously wrong. His complaints are unfounded. He should be made fun of, repeatedly, and should probably kill himself.
>>
>>576603
>Is this how you cope for being a failure at home?
Thread has been going on for almost 2 hours now so it's probably it.

Had time to go grocery shopping and he was still vomiting all around.
>>
File: 1467391774598.jpg (12 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1467391774598.jpg
12 KB, 640x360
>>576463
Sounds like /a/ is not a bad board after all.
>>
>>576605
A lot of mean words in here. Is this how you cope for being a failure at home?
>>
File: 2b4.jpg (222 KB, 408x480) Image search: [Google]
2b4.jpg
222 KB, 408x480
>>576608
>>
File: 1439358147929.jpg (112 KB, 491x557) Image search: [Google]
1439358147929.jpg
112 KB, 491x557
>>576609
>>
>>576609
i think you posted the wrong one
>>
>>576611
Maybe I was trying to be nice. You never know.
>>
>>576463
Because anime is for us normal people now.

Consider suicide pedo neet virgin.
>>
>>576618
I'm not a virgin though.
>>
>>576618
this posts proves /a/ is being destroyed
>>
>>576463
OP, don't use "normie" on /a/. Okay, the whole "normie" discussion aside, OP does have a point about outsiders on /a/. Emoticons, lol, kek, tumblr/facebook filenames. No one calls them out. And if I call them out, they give me answers like "u mad butthurt neckbeard" etc.
>>>/a/143538983
>>
>>576661
>OP, don't use "normie" on /a/.
But he doesn't.

>Emoticons
Agreed; they're only accepted when used ironically but we're better off without them.

>lol, kek
I guess we're down to "my sides" until that becomes a normalfag meme too.

>tumblr/facebook filenames
Agreed; this shouldn't be allowed by the community, ever.
>>
This thread is a good example of how fucking retarded /a/ is.
>>
>>576628
You're still a moeshit eater with garbage taste.

>>576632
Stay mad
>>
>>576661
>OP, don't use "normie" on /a/.
This is hypocrite. /a/ is against this word while agreeing for what it stands for the sole reason of not wanting to be associated to /r9k/.
>>
File: 1435074531429.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1435074531429.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>576618
>>
>>576686
It's also because /a/'s definition of what constitutes normal is very different from /r9k/'s, and everyone who uses the term is a retard who needs to go back to wherever they came from.
>>
>>576697
>/a/'s definition of what constitutes normal is very different from /r9k/'s
>very different
Not really.
>>
>>576484
except for all the newfags /pol/ lures in who shit on anime any chance they get
>>
>>576717
If you had to ask /a/ they'd put the entirety of /r9k/ into the normal box.
>>
I thought the users on /a/ were against the use of the word normie because it is associated with the /r9k/ board, which is considered to be responsible for having crashed the old archive.moe site when a school shooting happened and everyone wanted to find out about the whole incident and if the shooter really did warn everyone browsing r9k to not come to said school.
>>
>>576681
I just wanna fit in, brodude. Don't diss on me and my substandard intellect.
>>
>>576463
"Normie" is a word used by people /a/ considers far closer to real "normies" than themselves, I.e it is a false poser faggot word and you are not a real /a/ user if you say that. /a/ isn't persecuting you because you're too abnormal for them, but bevause you use a word indicating you are too normal for them. You ARE a normie if you even used that word, which is a bastardized version tweaked to be usavle around actual normalfags. The original and real term in the 4chan context is normalfag. "Normie" is the fucking whitewashed/SJW-approved version because the "fag" part is offensive to them and they want to be able to drop this term on places like Reddit, Facebook and twitter - which are pretty much the textbook definition of normalfag dens - without fear of getting reprimanded. Which defeats the whole fucking point.

If you are being careful to "fit in" on various shitty normalfag websites, you are actually as normalfag as they fucking come and just have some fucking ludicrous idea in your head that you're not. It's the same as these "omg I'm such a nerrrd XD" shitheads on those same sites only here it's "omg I'm such a weird unique person XD". In summation shut up OP because you clearly have no idea what you're dealing with and /r9k/'s whiny emo shit is not what /a/ is about.
>>
>>576791
Or maybe you are just overthinking this. Normie.
>>
>>576799 is a good case study in why you shouldn't spoonfeed retards.
>>
>>576799
Stop calling him Norman when his name is Norbert, Norden.
>>
>>576463
Fuck off /r9k/ dont label us all of us losers with your crowd faggot.
>>
>>576463
Normie is an /r9k/ word. /a/ only accepts the term normalfag. If you were an actual oldfag you'd know this, but you're obviously not.
>>
>>576808
>muh spoonfeeding
>muh memes
Calm down normie.
>>
>>576661
>And if I call them out, they give me answers like "u mad butthurt neckbeard"
Redirect them to >>>/v/ whenever they do this. I swear to god it's like a magic spell, /v/ermin can't resist it. Once you call them out as being from /v/ they will immediately begin shitposting in the most obvious manner that proves you right and they will often end up banned because of it.

/v/ kids have no self control, they literally shitpost themselves off the board if you just give them a nudge.
>>
>>576817
Shitposting is the last defense of the retard.
>>
>>576822
You're already shitposting. This whole thing is just an elaborate excercise in shitposting. /a/ loves shitposting.
>>
>>576824
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>576824
>/a/ loves shitposting.
Ah yes, the classic /v/ mentality. Projecting your own lack of self control and habitual shitposting onto everybody else, so as to justify your obnoxious behavior.

They really should implement some kind of system that renders your IP unable to post on any board but /v/ if you post there once.
>>
>>576829
I thought shitposting was the last defense of the retard.
>>
>>576831
I'm not from /v/ and it's one of my least visited boards.

This made up normie/normalfag distinction is just an excuse to shitpost. The prohibitions against rec threads and spoonfeeding are ultimately just excuses for shitposting (someone asks for source because GIS gave him nothing and that's your cue to derail the tread, and the reason you don't have a sticky is because you WANT people to make rec threads so you can start shitposting).
>>
>>576838
Also, all the "best girl" arguments and other waifuposting is just more excuses for shitposting. You just want to have utterly pointless arguments and have an excuse to shit on each other.
>>
>>576840
Waifuposting is bad, yes.
>>
>>576838
>>576840
I should have figured this was a stealth "I don't browse /a/ but here's what they should do to make me happy" thread. Go back to >>>/v/
>>
>>576840
>complaining about shitposting on /a/ of all places
First day on the internet Bob?
>>
>>576832
There's nothing to do in response to shitposts except shitpost more.

I guess you were ahead of the game.
>>
>>576846
I used to browse /a/ pretty often, and now I visit occasionally. And once again, I am not from /v/ and it's one of my least visited boards.

>>576849
So you admit you do shitpost?
>>
>>576838
>This made up normie/normalfag distinction
It's not made up at all. Normie is a word only used by outsiders, it didn't originate on /a/ and is used heavily by redditors and /v/ermin.
>The prohibitions against rec threads and spoonfeeding are ultimately just excuses for shitposting
Yes I can see how a newfag from /v/ would think this, because you obviously just assume any behavior you don't understand must be shitposting.
>the reason you don't have a sticky is because you WANT people to make rec threads so you can start shitposting
No it's because it doesn't help. We actually did have a sticky, once. Guess what? It didn't help. Not even a little. /wsr/ has actually done wonders for /a/, best new board since /jp/.
>>
>>576838
>This made up normie/normalfag distinction is just an excuse to shitpost.
The word normalfag came first, and never meant what people use the word "normie" to mean today.

Your explanation is something you made up in order to shitpost at /a/.
>>
>>576853
No anon /a/ is nothing but shitposting.
>>
>>576853
>I used to browse /a/ pretty often
Clearly not often enough to even figure out how the culture works or why certain things are forbidden. You have no place at all to comment on how /a/ does things when you're so ignorant.
>>
>>576856
>It's not made up at all.
Of course you would say that. You need a plausible excuse for your shitposting.

>Yes I can see how a newfag from /v/ would think this
I'm not from /v/ or new to /a/.

>because you obviously just assume any behavior you don't understand must be shitposting.
I assume shitposting is shitposting.

>No it's because it doesn't help.
You want people to make rec threads. You want to get angry at them. The fact that a sticky doesn't completely stop rec threads isn't an excuse.

>>576857
What shitposts have I made on /a/?

>>576858
Then what are you arguing about?

>>576860
Just because I don't buy your official reasons for things doesn't mean I don't know what's going on.
>>
>>576858
No it isn't. This is something literally only said by crossboarders from /v/ because they can't fit in on the board. They can't follow 99% of the discussions they see or understand the jokes so they just assume "it must be shitposting" because that's all /v/ understands. They always stick out like a sore thumb, too. Did you ever wonder why you were constantly called out?
>>
/a/ is full of "normies" watching anime dubs and being completely casual about anime in general. Of course they would get offended by the things listed in this thread. It reminds them too much of themselves.

Also keep in mind most of them aren't older than 20 or so, trying to hold a conversation with them is pointless. You've had some prime examples in this very thread.
>>
>>576862
>What shitposts have I made on /a/?
I said "at /a/", not "on /a/." You have been doing so in this thread, by your own admission.
>>
>>576857
>The word normalfag came first, and never meant what people use the word "normie" to mean today.
It means exactly the same thing.
>>
>>576865
I don't know if /a/ has gotten worse over time or if I didn't notice before, but these days when I go there I see a lot of casuals and clueless people and their posts aren't necessarily corrected by others. Not exactly the super elite hardcore anime community /a/ wants to pretend it is.

>>576868
I didn't realize criticizing /a/ is now shitposting.
>>
>>576869
>It means exactly the same thing.
The word was independently coined by a different community to describe a different thing.
>>
>>576870
I assumed you were >>576824.
>>
>>576874
I am. What about it?
>>
>>576870
>Not exactly the super elite hardcore anime community /a/ wants to pretend it is.
My thoughts pretty much. I visited earlier today and they had a dubs thread with various anons saying shits like "Japanese dubs are as bad" or "there's nothing wrong with dubs".

The few anons trying to tell them to fuck off were actually received with insults and mockeries.
>>
>>576862
>You need a plausible excuse for your shitposting.
More classic /v/ projection.
>I assume shitposting is shitposting.
See like I said, you don't understand something so you call it shitposting. You don't browse /a/, you probably didn't even lurk /a /before posting on it.
>You want people to make rec threads
And yet again, more projection, /v/'s favorite psychological defense mechanism.
>The fact that a sticky doesn't completely stop rec threads
You didn't even know there was a stick until I just mentioned it, yet you're trying to act like an expert. Do you even stop to consider the bullshit that comes out of your uninformed mouth? The sticky didn't help at all. It was the MODS who took it down and said it was pointless, not /a/nons. The only real cure against rec threads was building a reputation of being inhospitable to newfags, that helped somewhat. What really improved things though was the creation of /wsr/, it took a while for word to get out but now rec threads on /a/ have gone way down and people get less butthurt because they have an actual place to make recs. I myself actually frequent /wsr/ to rec stuff in order to incentivize people to use it so they stay the fuck off /a/.

Basically, you sound like a typical butthurt newfag mad about /a/ telling him to fuck off so you just claim everything about the board you don't like or understand is shitposting, like the ignorant post-2012 newfag you are.
>>
>>576877
I thought you said that we were all engaging in a communal shitposting exercise. I didn't realize what you were actually claiming was that everybody in the thread was shitposting except for yourself.
>>
>>576878
There is nothing inherently wrong with dubs.
>>
>>576884
>More classic /v/ projection.
I'm not from /v/. /v/ is one of my least visited boards.

>See like I said, you don't understand something so you call it shitposting.
I call it shitposting when it's shitposting.

>You don't browse /a
Ok, then neither do you.

>And yet again, more projection
Why would it be? I don't care one way or the other.

>/v/'s favorite psychological defense mechanism.
I'm not from /v/. /v/ is one of my least visited boards.

>You didn't even know there was a stick until I just mentioned it
I never claimed I've always been on /a/ or have been there non-stop.

>The sticky didn't help at all.
Or so you would like to pretend.

I've lately even seen people accuse random threads of being "stealth rec threads." People will grasp at any straw they can to shitpost.

>Basically, you sound like a typical butthurt newfag mad about /a/ telling him to fuck off
I'm not new and nobody told me to fuck off.

>like the ignorant post-2012 newfag you are
I've been here for longer than that.

>>576885
>I thought you said that we were all engaging in a communal shitposting exercise.
/a/ is engaged in that.

>>576886
There are in fact many things inherently wrong with them.
>>
We're reaching critical quoting autism levels in this thread.

Just like on a standard message board with quote, quote-in-quote, reply 1, reply 2.
>>
>>576888
>/a/ is engaged in that.
You can't possibly claim with a straight face that you haven't been participating in the collective shitposting exercise with posts like >>576817.

>There are in fact many things inherently wrong with them.
It has flaws by virtue of being a dub, but watching one does not necessarily deliver you an experience inferior to that of watching the sub, depending on the strength with which it was executed.
>>
>>576864
/v/ is nothing but shitposting as well.
>>
>>576886
Aside from butchering the director's work right? Do you realize voice actors are chosen for a reason (if not should I recommend you to watch Shirobako?)? Do you also realize how important the original language and culture, in this case Japanese, is, in anime?

If you were a musician and would make a song in English, how would you feel about some random company in Germany dubbing it with a random singer you had never heard before and translating it without comforting you about small details and such? This is literally the same thing, but since you're a fucking normie, oh sorry, I should say "normalfag", you can't say this, right? Fucking EOP scum, kill yourself, I bet you never read a single fucking chapter in raw and can't even understand more than 5 words of Japanese.
>>
>>576898
You started it. Yet you're the ones claiming the moral high ground.

>watching one does not necessarily deliver you an experience inferior to that of watching the sub, depending on the strength with which it was executed
It's a different script read by different voice actors in a different language. It doesn't matter how good the acting is. And what you don't understand is that the original voice acting and script are part of the original work, just as much as anything else. They aren't things to be removed and replaced with some localization company's personal vision of how things should be done.
>>
>>576898
>but watching one does not necessarily deliver you an experience inferior to that of watching the sub
You don't know anything about Japanese, right?
>>
File: 1300454219106.jpg (157 KB, 850x528) Image search: [Google]
1300454219106.jpg
157 KB, 850x528
Oh I don't know, maybe it's because you keep posting or mentioning /a/ on other boards.
>>
>>576906
>Aside from butchering the director's work right?
All translation is butchery. That said, I think that for certain films, localization has worked with the original director.

>Do you also realize how important the original language and culture, in this case Japanese, is, in anime?
What's the point of all that "original language and culture" if you can't understand it? We're talking dub versus sub here, not dub versus original. I agree that if know Japanese that you should probably not be watching a dub. A dub would have to be exceedingly good and the original exceedingly poor for a dub to surpass the original - but nobody was talking about that.

>If you were a musician and would make a song in English, how would you feel about some random company in Germany dubbing it with a random singer you had never heard before and translating it without comforting you about small details and such?
No more offended than I would be if somebody were to take a comic I created and fan-translate it without consulting me. If it turned out that the original intent of what I had written were butchered or that critical information was lost, I suppose I would be rather unhappy.

>Fucking EOP scum, kill yourself, I bet you never read a single fucking chapter in raw and can't even understand more than 5 words of Japanese.
日本語を分るだからこそ、ダブを弁護する大胆がある。

>>576907
>And what you don't understand is that the original voice acting and script are part of the original work, just as much as anything else.
Translation is an act of creation as well as destruction.
>>
>>576938
>All translation is butchery.
The subtitles leave the audio track untouched (and are more likely to be accurate). It's the difference between installing training wheels and taking your bicycle to Pimp My Ride.

>What's the point of all that "original language and culture" if you can't understand it?
Maybe you would start to understand it if you watched with subtitles on.

>Translation is an act of creation as well as destruction.
Go create your own shit.
>>
>>576946
Accuracy is not an "inherent" flaw of the dubbing process, except in that subs are free to use more literal translations without sounding immediately retarded. On the other hand, if you understand the original audio track you don't need to be using the sub OR the dub.

>Go create your own shit.
If you want to shit on all translations (certainly all text translations, which obliterate all trace of the original language), that's fine by me. One can always be more elitist. But you hardly represent /a/ in that regard.
>>
>>576956
Dubs have to lip sync, and they are unlikely to use honorifics and they lack Japanese personal pronouns.

>On the other hand, if you understand the original audio track you don't need to be using the sub OR the dub.
I understand Japanese partially. But this isn't just about comprehension, because voice acting is not just a means of reading the script out loud.

>If you want to shit on all translations (certainly all text translations, which obliterate all trace of the original language), that's fine by me.
I am saying the purpose of translation is not to be "creative."

Novel and manga translations are not equivalent to dubs because there is no choice but to fully replace the original text. This is not true for movies and shows.
>>
>>576961
>Dubs have to lip sync, and they are unlikely to use honorifics and they lack Japanese personal pronouns.
In some works (with a budget higher than seen in the vast majority of dubbing operations) the animation is edited to fit the words, rather than the other way around. I am not arguing that the average dub is better than or even approaches the original work (or the subbed original work as experienced by a non-speaker) in quality. I added the word "inherent" to my original statement for a reason.

(I would argue that purging honorifics is not as bad as most of /a/ makes it out to be, but I tend to prefer honorifics anyway, so I'm not going to have that argument.)

>I am saying the purpose of translation is not to be "creative."
The purpose of translation is to deliver an experience to linguistically challenged individuals. In some cases destroying more of the original may deliver a better experience - remember, information is already being lost.

For example, take Japanese music in a vacuum. Reading the lyrics to a Japanese song may allow you to understand the original. But at the end of the day the experience you are having is incomplete, because you cannot experience the song holistically (unless, again, you are a Japanese speaker). A well-executed rendition of the song in English may well deliver a better overall experience to a native English speaker.
>>
>>576791
You are completely right.

Don't mind me saving this and reposting it.
>>
>>576973
>A well-executed rendition of the song in English may well deliver a better overall experience to a native English speaker.
This is a bad post and you should feel bad.
>>
>>576982
It is entirely impossible for someone who does not speak Japanese to properly appreciate a song just by reading the translated lyrics. Period.

The person experience a translated song is also losing out. If you want to argue that he is losing out on more, 100% of the time, you're free to do that. I can't see any logical basis for it other than the ability to claim more elitist than thou.
>>
>>576987
>I can't see any logical basis for it other than the ability to claim more elitist than thou
/a/ in a nutshell
>>
>>576987
Again you assume the function of speaking or singing is just to read something out loud. May as well use speech synthesizers then.

Dubfags just have no appreciation for voice acting (or singing, as it turns out).
>>
>>577001
>Again you assume the function of speaking or singing is just to read something out loud.
The original voice work is being destroyed. New voice work is being added. Do you flip a shit at the destruction of original work every time you hear a cover of a song?
>>
>>577006
>The original voice work is being destroyed. New voice work is being added.
And that's bad.

>Do you flip a shit at the destruction of original work every time you hear a cover of a song?
A cover is a separate derivative work, not a replacement for the original.
>>
>>577012
>And that's bad.
The new voice work has the added benefit of being comprehensible.

>A cover is a separate derivative work, not a replacement for the original.
Imagine that for some reason you had a cognitive dysfunction that entirely prevented you from understanding the speech of, let's say, Lia. Which would give you a more faithful experience of the song - listening to something that made no sense to you while reading the lyrics off paper, or listening to another artist's cover of the wrong?
>>
>>577020
>wrong
freudian slip huehuehue
>>
>>577020
>The new voice work has the added benefit of being comprehensible.
And the rather significant disadvantage of completely removing the original vocal performance and its lyrics and being in a different language. But I guess you're some kind of autist and don't understand why people listen to singing. To you it's just about delivering information.

>Which would give you a more faithful experience of the song - listening to something that made no sense to you while reading the lyrics off paper, or listening to another artist's cover of the wrong?
The original song obviously.
>>
>>577026
>And the rather significant disadvantage of completely removing the original vocal performance and its lyrics and being in a different language.
The language doesn't matter if you can't understand it. She could be singing in Latin or Kaijuran for all you care. All that's left for the non-fluent is the delivery, and the skill there is up to the performer.

>To you it's just about delivering information.
To you all that matters is your fetish for originalism. It's about having a holistic experience that allows you to experience the song. If it was only about "delivering information" the correct way to experience the song would be with a Japanese interlinear gloss.

>The original song obviously.
This is only true in the same way that listening to the song backwards would give you a more faithful experience because "it's real" and all you need to do is summon the mental power to parse the song back into the way it was meant to be heard.

You may as well say that every adaptation ever made is strictly inferior to the original. Hope you don't like any covers ever.
>>
>>576463
"normie" is /r9k/ speak and doesn't belong on /a/ idiot, if he said normalfag no one would have objected.
>caring about being banned
How new are you?
>>
It's /pol/'s fault. They made a "colony"(see: direct connection) on leddit and expanded in size from the users they absorbed. People have no calms about spamming anime in Trump threads so there will naturally be leakage.
I'm just going to continue to report and tell fags to fuck off as usual.
>>
>>577033
Japanese sounds different than English and I like the sound of Japanese. And I do have partial comprehension of it. I also like the voices of specific singers.

But again, to you it's all about just robotic information delivery.

>To you all that matters is your fetish for originalism.
It has fucking nothing to do with that.

>This is only true in the same way that listening to the song backwards would give you a more faithful experience
No. Are you stupid?

>You may as well say that every adaptation ever made is strictly inferior to the original. Hope you don't like any covers ever.
Adaptations and covers are separate derivative works.
>>
>>577046
>I also like the voices of specific singers.
Awesome. Your personal preference, though, is irrelevant to this discussion, since it might well be your favorite singer doing a cover of a song whose original singer you hated. Or, we could be discussing a translation of an English song into Japanese.

【アナ雪】雪だるまつくろう 広島弁ver. アナと雪の女王
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL9hqiL6CWY

>But again, to you it's all about just robotic information delivery.
Where I have said or even implied this?

>Adaptations and covers are separate derivative works.
What is the problem here? The crossing of the language barrier or the destruction of the original voice work?
>>
>>577052
It has fucking everything to do with this discussion, because as I've told you several times now voice acting and singing are not just about delivering information to the listener.

>Where I have said or even implied this?
In just about every post you've made.

>What is the problem here? The crossing of the language barrier or the destruction of the original voice work?
Gee I wonder which one it could be.
>>
>>577056
>I've told you several times now voice acting and singing are not just about delivering information to the listener.
Okay. Repeat it a thousand more times, maybe it'll be relevant then.

>In just about every post you've made.
You've been puliing it out of your ass every time.

>Gee I wonder which one it could be.
Listening to a song without understanding it conveys about as much information as listening to it backwards. There is no way to justify your stance without an originalism fetish.
>>
>>576463
The issue with Kumamiko wasn't at all that it was offensive, what the fuck are you talking about? The issue was that it turned Machi into a retard for no reason. And everyone in the village is happy about this. Typically at the end of a show you want to see your characters triumph and progress as a person. Machi just went back to square one. Not every show has to work like that. You have shows like NHK where Satou is just as lonely as he was at the start, but with a job. But in NHK it was used to make a point and it didn't act as if Satous problems were all solved. In Kumamiko the characters celebrate Machis continued dependency. It's a huge fucking mood whiplash.
>>
>>577059
>Okay. Repeat it a thousand more times, maybe it'll be relevant then.
It's completely relevant because you keep insisting that voice acting and singing is about nothing more than delivering information.

>You've been puliing it out of your ass every time.
No I haven't. Fuck off with this bullshit. At least own up to your posts.

>Listening to a song without understanding it conveys about as much information as listening to it backwards.
See, there you go again. It's all about the information delivery. Nothing else matters. And you still deny having made the argument.

>There is no way to justify your stance without an originalism fetish.
I already justified it: I like the sound of Japanese and understand some of it, and I like the voices of specific singers. Reversing a song also completely destroys it musically.
>>
can OP get banned for obviously being underaged?
>>
The issue I have with the term normie is that it's used to complain about the existence of normality, not the insertation of normalfaggotry into 4chan. For example, complaining about a character being a normie is faggotry. Complaining about someone bringing their blogshit into a thread is not faggotry. The term normie is associated with /r9k/s gay little persecution complex.

That's my theory.
>>
>>577070
>insisting that voice acting and singing is about nothing more than delivering information.
I have not said this once. Not a single time.

>t's all about the information delivery. Nothing else matters.
Information delivery is one component of what is being conveyed. I never said more or less than that. Everything else is shit you made up to put in my mouth.

>I already justified it: I like the sound of Japanese and understand some of it, and I like the voices of specific singers.
That's great! This is a great reason for you, personally, to favor the language that you find musical and the singers that you personally like. It does not apply to anyone else, nor to the general process of translating music. You have been making universal claims about what other people should prefer. You are full of shit.
>>
>>577079
>I have not said this once. Not a single time.
You are lying.

>Information delivery is one component of what is being conveyed.
To you it's the ONLY component.

>This is a great reason for you, personally--
No, it's what people are normally like. It has nothing to do with me specifically.
>>
This thread has devolved into an argument about subs vs dubs.
>>
>>577083
>To you it's the ONLY component.
I have not said or implied this every once.

My recollection of what I have been saying is a good deal more accurate than some over wailling about autism when somebody doesn't like something he does.

>No, it's what people are normally like. It has nothing to do with me specifically.
Not every dub is from a language you like to a language you don't. Not every dub is from a singer you like to a singer you don't. Yet you have presented those as reasons for everybody to shit on dubs, in general, across the board.

You are full of shit.
>>
>>577093
>every once
even once
>some over
someone

All-nighters, not even once.
>>
>>577093
>I have not said or implied this every once.
You are lying.

>Not every dub is from a language you like to a language you don't. Not every dub is from a singer you like to a singer you don't. Yet you have presented those as reasons for everybody to shit on dubs, in general, across the board.
What does any of this mean and why are you suddenly talking about dubs instead?
>>
>>577101
>You are lying.
Point out where I have said or implied this even once. At this point you're just shoving your fingers in your ears and chanting the same thing over and over. Your argumentation is as baseless as your claims.

>What does any of this mean and why are you suddenly talking about dubs instead?
By "dub" I mean a translated rendition of a song.

What it means is that you were an incredible narcissitic shit-eater in your original post, >>576982, because the reasons you stated for not liking translated renditions of songs - your preference for language and singer - does not apply to everyone. And yet you told someone else that they should feel bad for not sharing those preferences.

Or else, you're just an illogical ball of contradictions and overall sack of shit.
>>
>>577104
>Point out where I have said or implied this even once.
I already did, but you just keep denying it.

>the reasons you stated for not liking translated renditions of songs - your preference for language and singer - does not apply to everyone.
People normally like listening to songs for their singing, not just the lyrics. People who regularly listen to music in a foreign language normally like the sound of the language. It's only autists like you who think the only purpose of singing is to read the lyrics out loud.

> And yet you told someone else that they should feel bad for not sharing those preferences.
Yes you should feel bad for arguing that the only purpose of singing is to read the lyrics out loud.

>Or else, you're just an illogical ball of contradictions and overall sack of shit.
Yes I must be an illogical sack of shit for appreciating music. You got it.
>>
>>577108
>I already did, but you just keep denying it.
You pointed out where I said information matters. It was not stated that it is the ONLY thing that matters.

>People who regularly listen to music in a foreign language normally like the sound of the language.
That's great. It's also personal preference. Some people also enjoy the sound of English.

>It's only autists like you who think the only purpose of singing is to read the lyrics out loud.
If you just like the sound then you're not understanding the song at all, at which point you're appreciating the voice merely as an instrument, and any argument about culture and original meaning flies right out the window. I hope for your own sake that you weren't making any of those arguments.

Meaning matters. Voice also matters. Sometimes you get more of one and sometimes you get more of the other. You're the one declaring that voice matters more than meaning every single time and everybody who disagrees should "feel bad" for disputing your arbitrary preferences.

>Yes I must be an illogical sack of shit for appreciating music. You got it.
No. You have ignored the point entirely. Either in >>576982 you were telling someone they should feel bad for not sharing your exact taste in music - in which case you're a narcisstic shitstain - or you were talking about translated renditions in general, in which case your personal taste doesn't matter and you should shut the fuck up about them. Which is it?
>>
Look at this shit and tell there is nothing wrong with this sick ass fuck board?

>>>/a/143556163
>>
>>577122
Stop posting this everywhere.
>>
>>577116
>It was not stated that it is the ONLY thing that matters.
You've constantly been arguing that. But of course you'll deny it.

>That's great. It's also personal preference.
Again: it's what people normally do.

>Some people also enjoy the sound of English.
And? That does not contradict anything I said.

>If you just like the sound then you're not understanding the song at all, at which point you're appreciating the voice merely as an instrument, and any argument about culture and original meaning flies right out the window.
Japanese music is different from Western music even when disregarding the lyrics, and when I was talking about culture and meaning I was talking about dubs, not songs.

>Voice also matters.
Not to you.

>You're the one declaring that voice matters more than meaning every single time and everybody who disagrees should "feel bad" for disputing your arbitrary preferences.
Your argument is that a vocalist is a machine reading the lyrics and serves no other purpose. You should feel bad.

>Either in >>576982 (You) you were telling someone they should feel bad for not sharing your exact taste in music
But I wasn't.

>or you were talking about translated renditions in general, in which case your personal taste doesn't matter and you should shut the fuck up about them
I've said several times now that covers are separate derivative works.

>>577122
There's nothing wrong with lolicon.
>>
>>577132
>You've constantly been arguing that. But of course you'll deny it.
I categorically deny it because I have never said anything of the sort. Go on, quote me. Don't tell me you've already done it. Quote where I've said meaning is the only thing that matters. Do it. You faggot.

>And? That does not contradict anything I said.
If people like both languages then the fact that they like one of them should be irrelevant in a comparison of a cover (in the original language) and a cover (in a different language.)

>Not to you.
It does, in fact. I have favorite seiyuu and singers like everyone else. It doesn't in your mental model of me, but that's because your mental model if me is based entirely on random shit that you made up.

>Your argument is that a vocalist is a machine reading the lyrics and serves no other purpose. You should feel bad.
I have literally never made this argument. What I have said is that different vocalists have different deliveries and should be judged on their own merits. I refuse to feel bad because some dumb shit is making up garbage and putting it in my mouth.

>But I wasn't.
Why, exactly, then, should I have "felt bad" for making that argument? Because I claimed that vocalists are universally identical text-to-speech devices? Spoilers: I didn't.

>I've said several times now that covers are separate derivative works.
What is the problem with a translated rendition? The crossing of the language barrier or the destruction of the original voice work?
>>
>>577122
>being this much of a normalfag
4chan clearly isn't for you. Tumblr is more your style.
>>
>>577141
>Go on, quote me.
I already fucking have, but you keep denying everything.

>If people like both languages then the fact that they like one of them should be irrelevant in a comparison of a cover (in the original language) and a cover (in a different language.)
What comparison?

>It does, in fact.
It doesn't, in fact.

>I have favorite seiyuu and singers like everyone else.
No you don't.

>I have literally never made this argument.
You are literally lying.

>Why, exactly, then, should I have "felt bad" for making that argument?
I've already told you several times.

>What is the problem with a translated rendition? The crossing of the language barrier or the destruction of the original voice work?
I already answered this.
>>
>>577131
>>577132
>>577143
>defending pedophiles
>>
>>577148
Where did I defend pedophiles?
>>
>>577146
>I already fucking have, but you keep denying everything.
There is nothing to deny. There are no two points of mine you can string together and find contradictory.

>No you don't.
I don't know who died and appointed you omniscient lord of the universe, but all you're doing right now is making yourself look exceedingly retarded.

>I already answered this.
No, what you actually said was "Gee I wonder which one it could be," which is not an answer.
>>
>>577148
You can't separate fiction and reality, nor do you know what a pedophile means and you're abusing the quote function. So, I'll ask.
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1358068173413.png (362 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1358068173413.png
362 KB, 700x700
>>577148
But you're the one with literal child model images on your PC? You literally just spammed them in that thread like ten minutes ago in hopes of getting the mods to delete it, and once that failed, you came here to bitch about it?
>>
>>577151
>There is nothing to deny.
That's exactly what someone in denial would claim.

>I don't know who died and appointed you omniscient lord of the universe, but all you're doing right now is making yourself look exceedingly retarded.
No, you're just lying.

>No, what you actually said was "Gee I wonder which one it could be," which is not an answer.
Unless you are actually stupid it should be pretty fucking obvious the answer is the latter.
>>
>>577153
Actually thread on auto sage.

lmao pedos btfo :^)
>>
>>577155
>That's exactly what someone in denial would claim.
You may as well claim that I admitted to fucking your mom the way you keep repeating shit you've made up.

>No, you're just lying.
Shitposting is the last defense of the terminally retarded.

>Unless you are actually stupid it should be pretty fucking obvious the answer is the latter.
Excellent. So why do you not bitch about covers in the same way as translated renditions, given that both destroy the original voice work to the same degree?
>>
>>577157
I didn't make up anything.

>Shitposting is the last defense of the terminally retarded.
I'm not shitposting.

>Excellent. So why do you not bitch about covers in the same way as translated renditions, given that both destroy the original voice work to the same degree?
Because, ONCE AGAIN, a cover is just a separate derivative work. And there aren't hordes of coverfags arguing that covers are a perfectly fine substitute for the original or even better.
>>
>>577162
>I'm not shitposting.
All you are doing is claiming that you've proven me wrong before. You may as well stop harping on the point and let your devastating proof speak for itself if you're so cocksure you can't even have the decency to point out where you allegedly did.

>Because, ONCE AGAIN, a cover is just a separate derivative work.
All translations are fucking derivative work. Nobody argues otherwise.

Why should one "feel bad" for preferring a derivative work over the original?
>>
>>577148
>implying they won't just take it to /b/ instead
>>
>>577164
>All you are doing is claiming that you've proven me wrong before.
You've kept arguing something and have then denied ever arguing it.

>All translations are fucking derivative work. Nobody argues otherwise.
A dub is part of the video release of a show or movie and replaces the original audio track, usually by default. If you're watching on TV or in the cinema then you likely don't even have a choice in the matter.

>Why should one "feel bad" for preferring a derivative work over the original?
You should feel bad for arguing that the sole function of a voice actor or singer is to read things out loud and communicate information.

And more generally dubfags just shit on the original voice work and script like they don't matter. And they should feel bad.
>>
>>577168
>You've kept arguing something and have then denied ever arguing it.
I never argued it. You claim I did. Back up your claim. Show me where I claimed that information was the only thing that mattered. Theoretically you should just have to scroll up to find it; it would probably be less work for you than repeating the same thing a hundred more times.

>A dub is part of the video release of a show or movie and replaces the original audio track, usually by default. If you're watching on TV or in the cinema then you likely don't even have a choice in the matter.
Yes, some people are bullied into watching the dub, or whatever... but it's still derivative work that can be appreciated on its own merits. And in this day and age if you want to watch the original version of something (or subbed) you can. Nobody who listened to the Japanese-subbed Hiroshima-dialect version of "For The First Time In Forever" was incapable of finding the original.

>And more generally dubfags just shit on the original voice work and script like they don't matter. And they should feel bad.
Awesome. "They" can generally jump in front of a train for all I care. What you said was that I should feel bad for saying that it's possible for an English speaker to enjoy a translated rendition more than the original.
>>
>>577181
>I never argued it.
Denial.

> but it's still derivative work that can be appreciated on its own merits
It isn't a derivative work, as I just explained to you. It isn't equivalent to a cover song.

>And in this day and age if you want to watch the original version of something (or subbed) you can.
That doesn't invalidate what I just said.

>What you said was that I should feel bad for saying that it's possible for an English speaker to enjoy a translated rendition more than the original.
I said you should feel bad for arguing that the sole function of a voice actor or singer is to read things out loud and communicate information.
>>
>>577185
>Denial.
Prove it, you faggot.

>It isn't a derivative work, as I just explained to you.
Translations are derivative work by definition.

>That doesn't invalidate what I just said.
Awesome. Your point stands on it's own merits.

>I said you should feel bad for arguing that the sole function of a voice actor or singer is to read things out loud and communicate information.
Point out where I did this. Provide a post and a quotation.
>>
>>577188
>Prove it, you faggot.
Already did.

>Translations are derivative work by definition.
A dub is not a derivative work.

>Point out where I did this.
Already did.
>>
>>577188
>Your point stands on it's own merits
I should hasten to add that it also doesn't have anything at all to do with whether someone should be permitted to enjoy a dub or a translated rendition, or really, anything we've been arguing about this whole time.
>>
>>577190
>A dub is not a derivative work.
A derivative work is a work based on or derived from one or more already exist- ing works. Common derivative works include translations, musical arrangements, motion picture versions of literary material or plays, art reproductions, abridgments, and condensations of preexisting works.

>Already did.
If you have, you should be able to point out where you did.
>>
>>577192
A dub is not a derivative work.

>If you have, you should be able to point out where you did.
I already did.
>>
>>577194
>A dub is not a derivative work.
It is under every reasonable definition of "derivative work" there is. You're just shitposting now.

>I already did.
Where?
>>
>>577197
No, I'm simply telling you it's not a derivative work.

>Where?
We've been over this many times now. You just deny everything.
>>
>>577198
>No, I'm simply telling you it's not a derivative work.
You can tell me anything you like, but it doesn't make any of it true.

>We've been over this many times now.
Yes; you have repeated your fabricated claim many times, and I have pointed out that it is fabricated many times.

If your goal here was to convince everyone that you can win an argument solely through shitposting, you've succeeded. Enjoy interpreting your beautiful original work through JLPT-3 Japanese that no doubt causes your friends over in /a/ to drop to their knees and suck your dick when you whip it out.
>>
File: autism_awareness_ribbon.jpg (198 KB, 866x1500) Image search: [Google]
autism_awareness_ribbon.jpg
198 KB, 866x1500
>>576824
>You're already shitposting. This whole thing is just an elaborate excercise in shitposting. /a/ loves shitposting.
>>
>>577203
But it is true.

>Yes; you have repeated your fabricated claim many times,
It's not fabricated.

>If your goal here was to convince everyone that you can win an argument solely through shitposting, you've succeeded.
I haven't shitposted.

>Enjoy interpreting your beautiful original work through JLPT-3 Japanese that no doubt causes your friends over in /a/ to drop to their knees and suck your dick when you whip it out.
Why do you have such disrespect for voice acting and writing?
>>
>>577207
>I haven't shitposted.
>>
this thread has changed into an argument between normalfags and """""pedophiles"""""
>>
>>577208
You forgot your reaction image.
>>
>>577207
If you can't win claim you've already won. Splendid way to win an argument, really.

>I haven't shitposted.
Your last twenty posts or so are pure shitposting.
>>
>>577208
Where did I shitpost?

>>577209
There's been hardly any mention of that.
>>
>>577213
>Where did I shitpost?
Every single post in which you claim you've already won the argument without providing any reference whatsoever.

At this point I suspect you don't even care about the original argument and are simply engaging in some sort of autistic crusade to shit on the enemies of /a/.
>>
>>577216
But I have provided reference, and you've denied it all.

>At this point I suspect you don't even care about the original argument and are simply engaging in some sort of autistic crusade to shit on the enemies of /a/.
I don't even like /a/.
>>
>>577220
>But I have provided reference
Where?
>>
>>577223
We've been over this.
>>
>>577224
Please answer the question.
>>
>>577225
I just did.
>>
>>577228
Where?
>>
>>577229
Holy fucking shit are you serious.

Right here: >>577224
>>
>>577231
Which post has the reference?
>>
>>577233
Again: we've been over this.
>>
>>577236
Please answer the question.
>>
>>577237
I JUST DID.

WHAT is wrong with you?
>>
>>577239
You didn't specify which post had the original reference.
>>
>>577240
For the third fucking time, you autist: We. Have. Been. Over. This.
>>
>>577241
In which post did you demonstrate that I indicated that information delivery is the "only component" of music?

I'm looking for a post number and a quote here.
>>
>>577246
WE HAVE BEEN OVER THIS.

If your next reply is anything other than an acknowledgement of that fact, we're done here.
>>
>>577247
Please answer the question. It has never been answered before.

>In which post did you demonstrate that I indicated that information delivery is the "only component" of music?
>>
>>577248
We're done here.
>>
>>577249
I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
>>
That's really damn hypocritical to bitch about pedophilia and then turn around and take pictures of children getting fucking raped and spam threads you don't like with it.

Whoever did it deserves to get banned permanently.
>>
>>577259
Worse than that, it's increadibly illegal. Why would you risk getting vanned, stuck on a sex offenders list, and blacked in prison, all for the sake of getting a thread you dislike autosaged. Fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1369203319987.jpg (76 KB, 444x604) Image search: [Google]
1369203319987.jpg
76 KB, 444x604
>>576856
>used heavily by redditors and /v/ermin

I noticed the word popping up on /v/ around late 2013, tried my best to tell the new anons that the word "normie" is a buzzword spread from /r9k/ by outside invaders of that board in 2012 and redditors in 2013. Worked well for a while but it's a lost cause now. That board is way too large to educate everybody.
>>
>>577148
What is wrong with pedofags anon?
>>
>>577388
They aren't normalfags like him.
>>
>>577388
lolicons are ok, pedos are shitheads
>>
>>577574
That doesn't answer my question.
>>
Godspeed, /a/. I enjoy your threads on /qa/.
Please come visit /jp/ once in a while.
>>
File: 1432884438574.jpg (77 KB, 591x850) Image search: [Google]
1432884438574.jpg
77 KB, 591x850
>>577577
What's wrong with them is that they're the reason innocent lolicons have actually have to worry about getting thrown in jail over mere drawings, or having their Japanese imported media and sex toys searched by authorities.
Not to mention pedos fetishes don't tend to be simple sexual attraction. Their all sick fucks that get off on rape and crap like that. They can all be wiped off the face of the earth for all I care.
>>
>>577582
No, the reason lolicons have to worry is because of child molesters, not pedophiles. Pedophiles is the name of the fetish, not the act. Most pedophiles would have just a simple attraction and the vast majority would never actually touch a child.

To say they are bad is to say lolicons are bad as well. They are no different to each other with the exception that one is 2d and the other is 3d.
>>
>>577594
Fair enough. I still think they're faggots though.
>>
Alright, /a/, don't say /jp/ never did anything for you.
1/8
>>
>>577604
2/8
>>
>>577605
3/8
>>
>>577606
4/8
>>
>>577608
5/8
>>
>>577609
6/8
>>
>>577611
7/8
>>
>>577612
8/8
>>
File: 0044-003.jpg (89 KB, 512x226) Image search: [Google]
0044-003.jpg
89 KB, 512x226
>>577578
>>
>>577578
I don't want to dive head first into a pool of generals.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.