[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ wasn't great in 2015 but it's changed dramatically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1464872117496.jpg (22 KB, 249x255) Image search: [Google]
1464872117496.jpg
22 KB, 249x255
/r9k/ wasn't great in 2015 but it's changed dramatically for the worst in 2016.
Can it be saved?
>>
bring back the robot
>>
/r9k/s been dead for years
>>
>>576338
How could it get worse?

This is only semi-rhetorical, I'm curious about what happened to it.
>>
>>576370
Well for one thing mods stopped deleting /soc/ shit. Since mods stop deleting it new people think it's how it should be
>>>/r9k/29655775
>>>/r9k/29661998
>>
>>576338
Looks like your thread worked and there's now another janny there, an sjw straight from tumblr by the looks
>>
>>576338
/r9k/ always sucked, but the only real issue with it is that it has no real topic set, and as such it has no real rules you can enforce except for globals. You can post threads about anything and have it be on topic.

It just needs some sort of official purpose to be, and some rules specifically for the board, as well as mods that enforce it.

But that being said, it's never going to be wizchan, and people need to understand that too. Women will always browse, normies will too, and if they can contribute without being fucking retards, that's fine. It's when they attention seek and bait that it's an issue.
>>
>>581399
This is the biggest issue. You can't say r9k has gotten "worse" since that implies there was a standard.

r9k in 2015 simply happened to be something you could tolerate but then the way it went in 2016 was a way you in particular disliked.

I go to r9k every so often to gawk and maybe post 1-2 comments and I think it's gotten better. Not that I think it's good, but it's better than 2015.

2015 was a pretty bad year for /r9k/ as everyone was trying to be as edgy as possible just so they could be on /r/4chan. Just as well, reddit brought a lot of redditors to r9k.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.