[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please purge /cm/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 52370839_p0.png (467 KB, 750x870) Image search: [Google]
52370839_p0.png
467 KB, 750x870
The board has a lot of problems.
Half the threads on it are of western shit; 99% directly from tumblr, which is a site that already has a site function for searching for said fanart. If users wish to share western art from tumblr, they can stay there. The purpose of the board is for eastern art.
Post quality varies from "omg...look at how cute x3" to "wOW THATS" and other newfag ways of typing.
The board had lost its way for a few years, due to the popularity of pixiv and how accessible it is, but times have changed. Nips don't use pixiv anymore, especially the ones that draw 2d males. This provides an opportunity for /cm/ to be of use once more.
The moderation was slack because it's a dead board, so it's gone to absolute shit.
A lot of users who would be otherwise interested in this board are turned off by the quality of it. Purging the board of its off-topic threads and appointing even semi-competent janitors/mods to it would revitalize its traffic, use, and overall image of it across the rest of the site.
>>
>>576273
Shut up, faggot.
>>
File: 53244079_p0.jpg (582 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
53244079_p0.jpg
582 KB, 700x1200
>>576279
I actually like qt anime girls a lot, but I want my fucking shota threads back.
/c/ is doing fine as it is.
>>
File: Illya.png (2 MB, 1518x1075) Image search: [Google]
Illya.png
2 MB, 1518x1075
>keeping out most of the few posters left will revive my dead board

sure anon.
>>
File: 1465395974575.jpg (83 KB, 686x661) Image search: [Google]
1465395974575.jpg
83 KB, 686x661
>>576298
It used to be a fairly active board, and I'm sure it can be great again. The main problem is that no one wants to be associated with it.
Honestly, I think most boards could use a sticky.
>>
>>576304
If you can get the board to agree on a sticky it's sometimes possible for mods to take notice of it.

If it's just one part of the board at war with the other it gets a bit harder.
>>
File: 1410849555440.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1410849555440.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
Someone please do something, anything. The board has gone to complete shit with western media drawing in more retards and emoticons. People who type like they just walked in from tumblr with thEIR RANdoM OMG ;u; TYpInG??? style. Not to mention people have to spoonfeed them how to source because no one seems to know how to use saucenao, recognise pixiv file naming, or google. You get 5+ replies of 'source?' 'where's this from?' and no one posting pictures to stay relevant.

If we just had a sticky, well defined rules, and good mods at least it'd make the shit stop stinking so bad. Doubt it'd fix the users' behaviors, but it'd be controlled chaos. Ban people, warn them, and delete posts. It's not hard. Do mods even exist there at all? Can they be replaced? I can't remember the last time I saw a red [Deleted].

The fact that well over half the board is western and /co/ is so tiring. I could warm up to /co/'s TV and capeshit, even japanese based video games because they're at least animated, but the real people TV and movies needs to fucking go already. Legitimate anime threads get bumped off because of this even though they were pretty active for a slow board and no where near bump limit. It's unfair.

There's a thread for Youtube creators up for weeks for fucks sake. It directly breaks the no real people rule. It can't get any more real than Youtubers. One could argue the western actors are portraying fake people but Youtube? Seriously? Rather than let /cm/ exist as a shell of its former self, just put cm out of its misery. Mercy kill /cm/ please.
>>
>>576336
Yes, everything said here.
>>
>>576273
>>576304
I don't think illya belongs in /cm/. Or was this to attract my attention?
>>
>>576458
I just think she's cute.
>>
>>576566
Good taste and good luck.
>>
>>576273
This is a well-crafted OP. Good job.
>>
>>576336
>Make a board where the primary demographic is women
>Be surprised when it's shit

Women are idiots. They're incapable of adapting to board/site culture and think that the way they act on tumblr is acceptable here. It's why all the boards aimed towards women (/cm/, /y/, /cgl/, /soc/) are terrible.
>>
>>577453
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>577453
>>577483
it's funny because /r9k/ is a board that considers itself primarily aimed at men and it's one of the worst boards on the website.
>>
>>577483
>missing the point
>>
>>577453
It wasn't always shit, that's the thing. There are plenty of women who used it in the past that could adapt to board culture, but now, 9 times out of 10, they fucking don't. They're a nuisance to this entire site. They ruined /co/, /cm/, /y/.
>>
Guise maybe the banner contest will bring more good people to the board or get mods to notice that it exists. You can submit banners for /cm/ until this sunday btw
>>
>>577510
who the F*CK are you quoting???
>>
File: 1411285091214.png (562 KB, 650x750) Image search: [Google]
1411285091214.png
562 KB, 650x750
>expecting a board about cute males and other shit fujos are attracted to not to attract tumblr tier shitposting
Still, best of luck to you, fellow faggot who likes cute girls.
>>
>>576273
It's always been a combination of western and eastern art. I remember the Invader Zim and other cartoon threads along side anime fandom. Haven't browsed /cm/ for a long time, but I used to lurk anime threads with girlish looking boys until I started having more masculine tastes and branched out into cartoon and tv fandoms.

We also had gay book threads a few times.
>>
>>577525
>It wasn't always shit, that's the thing.
there were probably more homosexual men posting back then?
im guessing /hm/ and /lgbt/ most have syphen some of them away.
>>
>>577930
>there were probably more homosexual men posting back then?

No.

I don't know why you mention /hm/ or /lgbt/. Most posters on /cm/ are fujoshis.
>>
File: 36838553_p0_master1200.jpg (192 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
36838553_p0_master1200.jpg
192 KB, 600x600
I don't have a problem with /cm/ because I only browse the Jojo theads :^)
>>
>>576281
Shota and /ss/ is for filthy degenerates. Why should this site waste a board to be about men? Are you a faggot?
>>
>>578120
It already does give boards to be all about men.
>>
The /cm/ most people fondly remember was from back when people typed like faggots everywhere - the issue is that the users who left were the only ones who wanted to change with the rest of the site, and since they were already using multiple boards they've just retreated to the ones whose standards changed. The atmosphere on /cm/ now is dumb and uninformed, oblivious to an outside world, impossible for the average user of one of the more frequented boards to feel comfortable with.

I wonder what happened to the mods who used to ban people for talking in threads. I've always had a feeling that the short period of overmoderation was the catalyst leading to this extreme lax. It drove out meaningful content because of some 'gb2 livejournal' arguments, and squashed its will to self moderate.

>>577869
I used to run a thread for a Western author's works that had a manga adaptation, but the rule we followed was Japanese/Korean fanart or nothing. It was /y/ who allowed Deviantart and OCs to be posted, and we made fun of them for it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.