[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FIGHT DA POWA!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: wew.jpg (72 KB, 846x476) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
72 KB, 846x476
When did 4chan turn into a oligarchy?
>>
It's to keep the retarded majority out.
>>
File: result.png?w=620.png (29 KB, 608x411) Image search: [Google]
result.png?w=620.png
29 KB, 608x411
>>575617
There's pretty much no other way to stop 4chan from spamming the shit out of he system with fake votes like we do with literally every form of voting. If it weren't an Oligarchy of 4chan pass buyers then it would be an Oligarchy of who has the technical prowess to employ their botnet to fudge the votes.

Remember where you are.
>>
>>575719
>tfw shitty crop

also the game
>>
File: 1445920664377.jpg (59 KB, 492x419) Image search: [Google]
1445920664377.jpg
59 KB, 492x419
Life's too short
Just go with the flow
>>
>>575617
>implying I have any power as a 4chan pass user

the vote's clearly rigged by the mods anyways since they made votes public which inevitably biases voting
>>
>>575821
It's pretty biased already when it's a first past the post single vote that isn't transferable.

A better vote would be one where the votes are hidden and you're asked to organize them from top to bottom, favorite to least favorite.
>>
Oh neat I get to vote on something the normal plebs don't.
>>
>>575798
I'm not saying it wouldn't have some retards in it, but as the other anon said, it's the only way to prevent spam.
>>
>>575856
People who buy passes are the last people who should be speaking for 4chan.
>>
>>575881
Tell me why you don't buy a pass, but nevertheless continue to post.
>>
>>575884
>but nevertheless continue to post.
Why would I stop posting because I don't have a pass?
>>
>>575888
Okay. Why don't you buy a pass?
>>
>>575839
too much effort when apparently there's barely any pass users who will vote. Being able to change votes would be nice though.
>>
>>575897
Fan of captcha?

I'm mostly wondering why pass users are the last people who should be speaking for 4chan. What makes them different?
>>
>>575898
to whom are you replying to
>>
>>575908
I was replying to >>575897
>>
>>575881
I own a pass because I basically live on this site and wanted to make it as convenient as possible to post, and $15 for a year of no captcha was well worth the cost considering how much I post here. That's also why I've renewed my pass every year.

So how exactly am I less qualified than you?
>>
>>575916
doesnt make any sense to reply to that comment mate
>>
>>575617
> win a 4chan pass so you can vote with a 4chan pass
>>
I'm more annoyed that it's open to people that never visit said boards. #1 in that pic is just exploiting shitty memes that have nothing to do with the board itself.
I'm loathe to see what /jp/ will end up with- I'm pretty sure it's going to be /v/ memery.
>>
Woah, I haven't been around 4chan much in a month but this is concerning. This is exactly why there was resistance to passes when they were first revealed. We're one step closer to a (non-ironic) Facebook button and 4CHAN PASS EXCLUSIVE boards.

What is even the point of this contest anyway? I wasn't around when moot implemented the very first banners, but I remember when the second batch came around 5 or so years ago, moot basically asked a few boards to create a zip file and decided which ones to put on and take out manually. That worked fine.

I can only imagine this is just a ploy to generate more pass revenue. They're starting small, testing the waters to see how people will react and get the community used to needing a pass for more sophisticated features.
>>
>>576142
You're overreacting retard, If anything, the pass restriction is a good thing.
I could easily see the stupid redditfrog or wojak becoming the banner of every board otherwise, or some stupid Facebook meme like that smiling emoticon.
>>
>>576149
The best option is just not allowing voting imo. We've never been a democracy before.
>>
>>575794
Dumb frogposter!
>>
>>575984
I'm sorry you lack reading comprehension but that isn't my fault.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.