[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is on-topic for /tg/ besides traditional games? How can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: CLEAR_AS_DAY.png (44 KB, 480x620) Image search: [Google]
CLEAR_AS_DAY.png
44 KB, 480x620
What is on-topic for /tg/ besides traditional games? How can I predict whether I'll be banned for posting off-topic before it happens?
No, the topic of /tg/ cannot be "everything" or else it would be impossible to be banned for posting off-topic. There are obviously some topics that are off-topic for /tg/, but in seven years of posting on /tg/, I have failed to discern a pattern to why some threads about topics other than traditional games are deleted and some stay up for days.

For example, I know that Star Trek the TV show is inherently /tg/ related, regardless of whether a thread is framed in the context of a traditional game or not.
I know that not all science fiction TV shows are /tg/ related, so the reason for Star Trek being /tg/ related is not just being science fiction.
Where is the dividing line?

I know that a thread in the format "imagine a fantasy setting where XYZ" is sometimes /tg/ related and sometimes not, for no apparent reason.
I know that there are many "worldbuilding inspiration" threads where the preface "I want to use this vague idea in a game" is implied, even if the entire OP is just a single line of greentext that's not even a complete sentence and a picture of someone's face. They usually are not deleted, but sometimes they are. I don't understand why. The ones that were deleted become just as /tg/ related when you add "I want to use this vague idea in a game" as the ones that were not. It just seems random.

Please explain the rule in a way that allows me to avoid being banned in the future. I don't just want an answer to a single specific scenario, I want to understand how the rule works.
>>
>>574152
Can you run it in a system?
>>
File: not_deleted.png (181 KB, 770x540) Image search: [Google]
not_deleted.png
181 KB, 770x540
>>574157
You can run literally any vague idea for a story in "a system" if it's the right kind of system and you put in the effort. It might not be a *good* game but you can theoretically do it.
Despite this, many "worldbuilding inspiration" threads on /tg/ are deleted. The condition "can you run it in a system" cannot be the only condition.
http://desuarchive.org/tg/search/deleted/deleted/type/op/
If a thread was considered off-topic for possessing a certain characteristic, then ALL threads that possess the same characteristic must also be off-topic.
Either it's breaking a rule or it isn't. A rule that changes from day to day is worse than no rule at all.
>>
>>574168
Then it's because it get's spammed.
>>
>>574168
Sorry, but except that one example in your pic all I'm seeing is shitposting threads getting deleted.
>>
>>574152
You may be too retarded to live, consider never posting again.
>>
>>574152
Considering how your last thread on /qa/ went >>570892 , I am shocked that you are still this ignorant. Go get yourself banned again dumbass.
>>
File: novel.png (156 KB, 1300x680) Image search: [Google]
novel.png
156 KB, 1300x680
>>574343
There's a ton of shitposting on /tg/ that never gets deleted. What makes some of those threads okay and others not? Where do you draw the line?

Here's another example.
The thread is EXPLICITLY about a fantasy novel, that is, a medium other than traditional games, despite the existence of a dedicated literature board. It doesn't attempt at all to relate the topic to a hypothetical traditional game that OP might play. There is absolutely no reasonable way to interpret it as being about traditional games, because it explicitly mentions a novel.
The thread is a single line of greentext, not even a complete sentence, and a picture of someone's face, in the format ">thing I don't like" which is blatant shitposting.
IT WAS NOT DELETED. WHY NOT?
>>
>>574848
>1. Because this did not seem like a shitpost
>2. Because everyone likes monkeys
>3. Because there is civilized discussion
>4. Because you don't understand 4chan
Pick any
>>
>>574874
>5. Because nobody reported it and mods didn't see it.
>6. Because nobody was around to delete it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.