[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people use the word "comfy" so often? I use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: comfy shitposting.jpg (30 KB, 782x577) Image search: [Google]
comfy shitposting.jpg
30 KB, 782x577
Why do people use the word "comfy" so often?

I use it too, but I never gave it much thought until now.
>laid back anime RPG where non-battle makes up the majority of the game
>ohh this game is so comfy

>cute girls doing cute things anime where nothing happens
>ohh this anime is soo comfy

Are the users of 4chan so fragile and soft that they require comfort like an archetypical woman curled up in a blanket eating ice cream for comfort?
>>
>>573859
For some, they desperately crave comfortable things because they are very vitriolic. They are their own undoing.
>>
>>573859
Comfy is positive. I want positive.
Therefore I want comfy.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 450x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 450x301
>>573859
Yes
Comfyguys are fat pussyshits
>>
>>573859
>he doesn't want to be comfy
Am I on reddit?
>>
>>574067
Nope.
I checked.
The url is 4chan.org

Any other questions?
>>
>>574112
Then why you trying to act like a reddit fuck?
>>
At this point I've basically accepted that my goal in life isn't to be happy, it's to avoid being sad. I don't want my life to be a dramatic roller-coaster of ups and down; I just want to be relaxed and calm. The ancient Greeks had a word for this concept: ataraxia, and it's a mental state I aim to achieve. Comfy is about being content rather than HYP or outraged at something, which seems to be at odds with every else being shoved in your face on the mainstream web right now, including on a lot of 4chan so comfy is definitely a niche that has its place and comfyfags are fucking great thanks for showing me so many comfy things, also I am fucking drunk right now but it's ok it's just another thing that makes me relaxed/comfy
>>
>>573859

That's a stupid fucking thing to complain about.
>>
>>573859
It's comfy.
When I'm done with exams I like to be comfy.
If I'm done working I'm not gonna do more work. I already finished my work so I'll be comfy.
>>
>>573859
Just people with a very limited vocabulary.
Why else do you think "Cuck" is used as a verb, noun, adverb, adjective and pronoun here?
>>
File: 1379480406925.jpg (135 KB, 670x701) Image search: [Google]
1379480406925.jpg
135 KB, 670x701
>>573859
It's all about escapism- and "comfy" perhaps exemplifies it better than anything else. While there are many normal people on the chans these days, there's still a lot of abnormal failures like myself. I don't think people with happy lives speak of "comfy" things because they simply don't need them.

>>574115
Your cancerous comments are adding nothing to the thread.
>>
>>574147
>Your cancerous comments are adding nothing to the thread.
This thread is cancer yet I'm the one at fault?
>>
Anti-comfyfags are the worst

>people like things that bring them comfort
>therefor I must hate said things
>>
How can you be so mentally ill as to have something against constant comfort?

Do you know what the opposite of the word ease is? Disease. Does that sound like a good thing to you?
>>
>>574977
Some people here call for disease all the time.
>>
jesus said: I come not to bring peice but an sword, thatt means: peace is bad, you have to kill people with a sword to live a moral life
>>
File: 1447231369968.webm (457 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1447231369968.webm
457 KB, 512x384
>>573859

>Are the users of 4chan so fragile
A lot of us have spent our so called golden years here and online in general. If you haven't, it may be a matter of not really being able to relate. "comfy" is more of a primal yearning as a contrast to highly extensive relatively constant bombardments of "fucked up". Psychological homoeostasis, balance.
>>
>>575009
The original Highlander.
>>
File: pokojchoregol_1.jpg (38 KB, 697x465) Image search: [Google]
pokojchoregol_1.jpg
38 KB, 697x465
>>574981
>>574977
With that said, being sick can be supremely comfortable, especially when you get to stay in bed all day. Hospitals might also foster an environment of pure comf.

So in a way, disease is comfy yes.
>>
>>575117
Rather biased, isn't it? There aren't many people who over the age of 18 can afford to be planted in a comfortable state while ill. To most of us it usually means working through feeling like shit or taking time away from the things we need to do in order to survive, which makes life even worse in the short term, etc.

The picture of comfort in your image and your sentiments seem more like out of fiction which usually involves sick children who fake it in order to stay home all day, get to eat junk food and play video games. Probably not all that relative for your average anon.
>>
>>575117
Forgot to mention: I've worked in public and private hospitals. They are the polar opposite of comfy.
>>
>>575124
Skipping work is great in the short-term, because you get to waste a whole day doing whatever you want (if you're not puking up your guts). It's the medium term, when you get your reduced paycheck (if you are a wage worker) or you realize you have to scramble to get all your shit done (if you are a salaried worker) that everything goes to shit.
>>
>>575124
That's why I used the qualifier "can be."
Not everyone has that luxury, but the same could be said for any comfort. Just because the homeless cannot afford a fluffy bed doesn't make the act of sleeping itself somehow uncomfortable. Sleep can be comfy, but it can be really uncomfy if you're doing it under a bridge.

And hospitals are all over the place. Some of my comfiest moments have been extended stays in the hospital, and some of my least comfy to boot.

>>575126
Many hotels are indisputably comfy, but the employees probably don't feel that way. Working somewhere can make even the comfiest places seem like hell.
But I've been in a lot of hospitals myself both as a sick person and a pre-med volunteer, so I get what you're saying.
>>
>>573859
>laid back anime RPG where non-battle makes up the majority of the game
>cute girls doing cute things anime where nothing happens
This is what comfy used to mean. Now it means "literally anything I like for any reason."
>>
>>573859
They are gay faggots
I like exciting things
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 375x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 375x392
>lol I am so comfy aren't you comfy anon?

It speaks to coddled faggots
>>
File: guu laugh.png (672 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
guu laugh.png
672 KB, 1280x1024
lol dum nerbs
>>
can we filter comfy to something else?
>>
>>574150
Nothing good comes from bringing up reddit, anon. It starts a pissing match and the thread goes up in flames.
I apologize for my rudeness, however. I should have been more diplomatic.
>>
>>576282
extremely comfortable
>>
>>573859
>cute girls doing cute things
This is the worst.

I can handle general "comfy", but it's never that. It's just fucking muh cute grills.
>>
>>574977
Think of it this way (and for the record, I don't really like rollercoasters, it's an example.)
Rollercoasters aren't comfy at all. They, if anything, actively make you feel sick.

And yet they are entertaining. They are uncomfortable, but they are exhilarating, and that too is a positive emotion.

A life of only comfort with no excitement is disappointing.
>>
>>573859
>Why do people use the word "comfy" so often?
As a Dutchman I think the word comfy, in the way 4chan uses it at least, covers roughly the same word as the word "gezellig". "Gezellig" is perhaps the most famous example of a Dutch word that cannot be translated to English. "Gezellig" means... well, it's something along the lines of enjoying the company of others. It's cozy, warm, welcoming and... well, comfy. To put it in context:

>So, what're you going to do tonight?
>Some friends are coming over and we'll have snacks and play video games
>Gezellig!

Now that I think about it, "Gezel" is ye olde Dutch for companion. So maybe the best translation for gezellig would be companion-like?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.