[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does 4chan think of our mascot Yotsuba Koiwai?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 88169.jpg (49 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
88169.jpg
49 KB, 225x350
What does 4chan think of our mascot Yotsuba Koiwai?
>>
404girl? She's kind of a non-entity. Why doesn't Hiro make like, little webcomics for her? Or hire somebody to do that. Nothing drastic or ongoing, but a few little things. Maybe one every few months for a contextual gag? There're always new memes to poke fun at.
>>
>>571945
this but ironically
>>
>>571940
I want to fuck it.
>>
>>571977
No.
>>
>>572006
Okay.
I want to hug it.
>>
>mfw she's already 13
>mfw no face
>>
>>571977
(User was banned for this post)
>>
>>572204
/qa/ is a moderation free zone
>>
>>572206
I remember when someone said that and got a warning, good times of old /qa/.
>>
I want to read her mango in jap but can only read hiragana desu
>>
>>571940
why is the mascot of 4chan a little girl?
>>
File: 1465299861925.jpg (91 KB, 359x500) Image search: [Google]
1465299861925.jpg
91 KB, 359x500
>>571940
she's cute in an adorable way, the manga is frigging good. if you havent read it DO read it.
>>571977
gtfo. dont come back bitch.
>>
>>572316
4chan is called Yotsuba lit in japanese: "four leaves" channel
>>
Why 4chan chose an existent character as its mascot? Why not an OC, made by its own users?
>>
>>572426
because we're not Reddit
>>
>>572426
Are you fully prepared to hear the answer, as I barely-fucking-recall it? I'm digging into deep memories here, for shit that I barely paid attention to. HERE IS GOES:

2chan has a mascot, of sorts (maybe that was already an extant character, or maybe it was created outright for 2chan) and this green-haired-girl character is a pastiche of that character. Whereas that character has two pigtails, this character has four.

4chan did the same thing; it was a friendly-copy of the original. Therefore it was only logical that a 14-year-old New Yorker, stealing a website format to copy that, too. He was a little thoughtful about it, obviously. He knew about this character and she fit with the four-leafs themeing. He co-opted the pastiche-character. Since it all worked perfectly.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.