[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to image dump on-topic photos on boards that don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 97316.jpg (187 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
97316.jpg
187 KB, 1280x960
Is it okay to image dump on-topic photos on boards that don't really do image dumps? Will they count as spam/flooding?

There aren't any rules that say anything about this (sorry if I missed it).
>>
Such as?
>>
it's okay unless you post something a mod or janitor doesn't like.
>>
>>571156
Photos of foreign countries (maybe people) on /trv/ or /int/
I wouldn't really call /fit/ a board made for image dumping, but they tend to have some threads like posting fit girls that don't get deleted when that shit should probably be in /s/ or something.
>>
>>571165
>/trv/ and /int/
I don't see why anyone would get mad if the pics are high quality and on topic. (/fit/-girls: don't.)

Now if you're that worried about it, you might consider making a thread on /hr/ if the images meet the criteria, and linking to it in the appropriate threads. Just an idea.

Not a mod, obviously. Did you try sending a Feedback with your email? I doubt you'll get a response.
>>
depends if it's "my collection of shit from google images" or something original/new/rare for discussion. generally no one cares if it's the latter or leaning toward it.

there's some tolerance (between mods and a lack of user reporting) mixed with mod absence so it's not a simple answer. having front page full of image dumps isn't what many boards were made to be but at the same time no one really cares all that much.

no. spam/flooding is about attacks. if it looks reasonable to you give it a shot. worse case is it gets deleted.
>>
>>571131
Damn that's a pretty sweet view
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.