[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't drawthreads moved to /i/? It's one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tegaki.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
30 KB, 400x400
Why aren't drawthreads moved to /i/? It's one of the slowest boards on the site, with threads lasting for years, and half of those threads are a single person dumping art that they drew for other sites. Moving drawthreads to /i/ would fix this problem.
>>
I have always wondered this, myself. Why the fuck can there be drawthreads on any board? That isn't on-topic, even if you say you'll draw pictures of the board's designated shit.
>>
>>570989
Speeding up a board artificially is a bad thing. Also boards like /i/, /gd/, /3/ and /po/ are slow because the people on those boards are posting original content (which takes time to produce)or are looking for references, not trying to have idle conversation. just leave them be.
>>
>>571015
Drawthreads from all around the site would benefit from cutting down on the chatter and drama.
Perhaps the easy-going nature of /i/ would set a good example and people wouldn't need to post filler to keep their thread alive.
>>
>>571020
/i/'s innocence is protected by /ic/.
Long live /ic/.
>>
>>571020
>Perhaps the easy-going nature of /i/ would set a good example and people wouldn't need to post filler to keep their thread alive.
Maybe once upon a time people chattered about random shit because they had to, but now they do it just because they can.
>>
>>571020
/i/ is easy-going because not many people go their to beg for art. If you force all the draw request threads there, that will be filled with general drawthreads and ones for specific IPs like Overwatch or Undertale along with all the "funposters" and "rulefags" that make these drawthreads what they are now.
>>
>>570989
The thing about drawfags is they like audiences of non-artists. What /i/ does is it removes the non-artists part of the group, and so you don't really have much support. There's nobody asking for people to draw shit. Or, you know, there is, but it's not as popular. People don't go to 4chan looking for art, they go to 4chan looking for Video Games (or whatever, just one example), and then they find a video game THEMED art board.

/i/ would be much better if it were like some sort of aggregate board that catalogs all of the other boards' drawthreads. The /b/ drawthread, the /v/ drawthread, the /co/ drawthread, etc etc.
>>
>>571071
This
>>
>>571106
>some sort of aggregate board that catalogs all of the other boards' drawthreads.
I'm sort of intrigued by this idea but I don't think it should replace /i/
>>
>>571615
That's fair.

I think /qst/ could have standed to be this sort of board too.

Actually I take it all back. This idea is not for 4chan. This is more of a tumblr-style "Tagging" idea.

It would be nice if tumblr had "Threads".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.