[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most narcissistic website online? Go on /sci/, everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1466318623569.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466318623569.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Is this the most narcissistic website online?

Go on /sci/, everyone is convinced that they are pursuing the best major or use the best tools for X thing and that everyone else is a retard. Go on /pol/, they are convinced that they have the best political beliefs and are in on some hidden truths that no one else is aware of. On /mu/ and /tv/, people think their tastes are the best. You could write similar statements for every board.

It isn't even so much that people act this way but just how obnoxious they are about it. What is wrong with the people here?
>>
>>570420
As opposed to what websites that are less narcissistic? I'm one of those people who goes to more than one website out there, and it's just as narcissistic elsewhere. Sure, on smaller communities, people get along more (and push out people they don't get along with more effectively) but people getting along and not fighting is just a Circlejerk if you aren't part of it.

Name a website that isn't narcissistic and there's probably going to be more narcissism there than you think.
>>
Yes, newfag.
>>
File: community.jpg (169 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
community.jpg
169 KB, 800x500
>>570420
It used to be less serious.

>inb4 lol you think 4chan wasn't really racist back then or thought highly of itself
It was, but it was about 50/50 humor and seriousness.

That example from /sci/, I know they do that because that's a real type of humor that actually exists in academia if you look at math and physics circles in particular. It's not just 4chan. However, again it's sort of half humor half serious and that's how it starts on 4chan, then you get people who think it's all serious and think some of the stuff that's really mostly intended as humor reinforces their hardcore mindset.

Probably also why there's always a buzzkill in every thread on 4chan now who think it makes them look like an oldfag or something. We even actually have people who associate having fun with "shitposting", and that 4chan is supposed to be more of an argument/debate platform than a hobbyist discussion site to take it easy on.
>>
>>570420
yes, and i'm the most narcissistic poster on this site
i win, everyone go home
>>
File: 1451208806246.jpg (9 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
1451208806246.jpg
9 KB, 183x275
>narcissistic personality disorder
Are brainlets seriously that butthurt that they have to declare intellectual superiority to be a "disorder"? Lmao.

@OP:
If you're a low IQ pleb, you're not welcome on /sci/. Our science board is for high level academic discussion and not for casual pop sci children.
>>
>>570464
Perceived intellectual superiority, Anon. PERCEIVED intellectual superiority.

You know, like when somebody else thinks they're smarter than YOU? They're wrong, right? Not you though. You're the smartest.
>>
>>570420
>he thinks everyone is serious
>>
Go on /qa/, everyone is convinced that they have the best ideas on fixing 4chan.

Like you.

Fuck off.
>>
File: images-232.jpg (30 KB, 413x356) Image search: [Google]
images-232.jpg
30 KB, 413x356
>>
Is [s4s] the most humble board?
>>
>>570760
[s4s] is superior to every other board on 4chan- no scratch that, every imageboard on the internet- no scratch that, every website on the internet- no scratch that, every website that has ever existed, or will ever exist at any point during humanity's time in this world up until the apocalypse- no scratch that, literally everything and anything that has or will ever exist/existed at any point in the past or future of the universe and any alternate dimension. It is literally perfect in every conceivable and inconceivable way.
Using [s4s] is the gateway into which you will learn the innermost secrets of human nature.
>>
File: 1448215619208.jpg (168 KB, 657x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448215619208.jpg
168 KB, 657x1024
my opinions > your opinions

GET.OVER.IT
>>
>>570798
yeah me too
>>
>>570763
I like to [s4s] while I poop
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.