[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the slowest boards the best here? Why is it the more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Hot pupper.jpg (34 KB, 495x325) Image search: [Google]
Hot pupper.jpg
34 KB, 495x325
Why are the slowest boards the best here? Why is it the more active a board gets, the shitter it seems to become?
>>
>>569988
because the more active a board gets, the more normalfags it attracts
>>
>>569998
You seem like a shitty poster. Fags like you are the problem. I guarantee 90% of your posts are just you bitching about things that are mostly your fault.
>>
Because of herd mentality. Individuals end up getting swept up in the wave, and it can feel really good, admittedly.
>>
Slow boards don't have epic memes to attract teens, and a lot of them are about topics which they don't give a shit about, like /o/ or /po/.
It's a concept not limited to 4chan, and is seen on countless forums.
>>
It's too easy for signal to be lost in the noise.
>>
>>569988
Popular things are every likely to attract mindless people to them. They want to be a part of something popular just because it's popular. The thing that is popular is irrelevant to them, it only needs to be popular with that age group/similar mindsets.
>>
they cover niche topics whose discussion is really hard to ruin.
>>
>>570037
Yup. In particular though, I honestly feel sorry for the kids that thought /pol/ was cool. Now they're all "le red pill" edgy cock gobblers.
>>
There's time to think on slower boards. You're not competing for attention spans when threads aren't replaced every minute.
>>
>>570068
>threads aren't replaced every minute
Also, you aren't forced to make shitty posts to keep your thread alive. Nobody's in a rush to reply, so they take their time to make higher quality posts because the thread will still be there tomorrow.
>>
>>570068
This is why I said we should get rid of the auto-updaters. That would significantly lower the posting speed.

But it's too late for that now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.