[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has /g/ not been nuked yet? It's impossible to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Screenshot_20160622-151912.png (193 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160622-151912.png
193 KB, 1080x1920
How has /g/ not been nuked yet? It's impossible to have a discussion on the board because of this almost literal shitposting
>>
Microsoft shills and script kiddies have had their time in the sun...

It's time to reinstate /g/uro
>>
It always surprises me how shit /g/ actually is, somehow I just presumed it'd be one of the few decent boards.
>>
>>569613
It used to be good
>>
File: 1429388732040.png (811 KB, 803x603) Image search: [Google]
1429388732040.png
811 KB, 803x603
>>569575
THIS.
>>
>>569569
I bet /pol/ must be behind this.
>>
>>569575
Quick, define the word "shill." Do it right now.
>>
File: 1380239865539.png (235 KB, 716x555) Image search: [Google]
1380239865539.png
235 KB, 716x555
The main thing that irks me is that it's all exactly the same, and it started a fucking year ago on /int/. I guess the name "Pajeet" being settled on is somewhat recent, but there is nothing else.
If you confront on them they call it "banter", completely unaware that a key part of banter is wit and originality.
This zero effort shitposting is why I left /int/ a couple months before this POO thing took off- it stopped being fun because the same things were just repeated endlessly and no one was making original jokes.
I think /tv/ can empathize with this since they received the same treatment, likely from the same meme-chasing group.
>>
>>569791
Shoot it happened on /int/ as well? I figured it was a /g/ thing since hopeless CS grads feel threatened by Indian programmers in the job market
>>
Shitposting is here to stay. Nobody uses 4chan any more exclusively it's pretty much where redditors go to "unwind and enjoy" since 2013.
>>
>>569849
All I can say is that if it really bothers you, and you really want to do something about it, I'm sure you can figure out a way.
>>
File: so many white servants.png (92 KB, 185x361) Image search: [Google]
so many white servants.png
92 KB, 185x361
>>569847
/int/ is where it started.
My theory is that enough /int/ screenshots went around that it attracted a lot of kids from /b/ and /v/. Lacking the mental faculties to take part in /int/'s humorous banter, they just attached themselves to spam and things snowballed from there. /int/ was also flooded with a burst of new general threads at this time.
The truly sad thing? /int/ was fully capable of joking around about Indians, even the 2030 video mentioned in OP's pic.
As proof of sorts, I have this old reaction image I had for /int/ dated two years ago from the very same 2030 video now used to just shitpost relentlessly. There was no POO IN LOO or SUPERPOWER 2030 spam.

It's kind of depressing. I think I'll probably delete the image now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (47 KB, 366x513) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
47 KB, 366x513
>>569869
and the data for the image
>>
>>569869
The hell
>>
>>569569
its worse with the AMD vs Nvidia threads
>>
>>569707
Anyone who promotes something I dislike is a shill.
>>
>tfw literally impossible to have a discussion about BSD on /g/
thanks, janitors and mods
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>571364
Why not, you know, join a newsgroup?
All of these spergs constantly shitting down on others on /g/ about not using their preferred computer operating environment yet they flock to a closed sourced commercial website that uses Google software in order to circlejerk each other about how much better they are than the great unwashed.

I have a feeling that the real issue is that these people have very little understanding of the topics and just want to blow up smoke like all teenagers do. It makes no sense to come to 4chan to talk about these things when they have far better suited places to discuss such things which are full of people who understand these things and that have existed prior to 4chan.
>>
>>571396
Newsgroups? Like on Usenet?

Don't you have to pay for that? Fuck that.

I also like anonymity and refuse to use IRC for that reason. So you can rule out mailing lists too.
>>
File: 1466885985616.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
1466885985616.png
226 KB, 468x345
>in a retro hardware/software thread
>mention something old made by Apple you vaguely like
>spend the rest of the thread's lifetime carrying on a discussion while sifting through ten thousand POO (You)s
>>
>>571855
>mention that the Apple II was great for its time
>>
>>571855
>on /g/
>mention technology
>POO IN TEH LOO PAJEET

10/10 board
>>
>>571396
>why don't you just go somewhere else if you don't like my meme regurgitation
There is no active alternative to this site that allows for casual, anonymous discussion presented in an easy to follow, linear format.

Nobody is asking for a safe space or to be coddled, they just want to discuss something without their threads being filled with the same old unoriginal /v/eddit memes repeated over and over again. 4chan is a place to have fun, not a place for posting garbage banned from Reddit.
>>
>>569569
Are you surprised?
>>
>>572199
This so much
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.