[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the FUCK is critical thinking so difficult to come across
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
Why the FUCK is critical thinking so difficult to come across on this website?
>>
>>567893
Me on the left
>>
>>567893
Whenever we get a thread with some good critical thinking, the shills start forum sliding.
>>
Define it.
>>
>>567906
that or someone calls you reddit/underage for disagreeing with them
>>
>>567893
Im still amazed the most common argument on a site where everyone is anonymous is namecalling
>>
>>567925
With everyone being anonymous, we can imagine whatever attributes for our opponent we like, and if our meme magic is strong enough, they become true.
>>
>>567893
This question is dumb. The same is true just about everywhere.

"Because 4chan is a place where humans talk." is the best answer to your question, Anon.
>>
>>567893
think about it this way: would you rather spend 20 minutes doing diligent research to back up your post, or write a quick 30 second shitpost that generates 5 responses in seconds?

4chan isn't a debate board. you don't get anything for winning an argument so in the end it's better to post inflammatory shit that incites a heated response.

as much as 4chan hates reddit for upvotes and downvotes, these worthless points generate enough interest to turn it into a valuable piece of social capital, which results in people posting shrewdly to maintain their standing.
>>
>>567893
Because people, when anonymous, become assholes. And this site encourages shitposting because there are no repercussions for it.
>>
>>567968
>this site encourages shitposting because there are no repercussions for it
I don't lay all the blame on just the users. The mods and janitors don't care or try.
>>
>>567893
>Why the FUCK is critical thinking so difficult to come across online?
Eternal September happened and it took van to explode to mark an event when the lowest common denominator of society started to catch up rapidly with the lowest common denominators of academia since 1993. By the time 2008 was in full swing, 4chan in particular was more or less colonised by these individuals who without mainstream media attention would have not known or dared/cared to take up roost here.
>>
>>567962
>4chan isn't a debate board. you don't get anything for winning an argument
Translation:
4chan is anonymous and thus holds no standards to the individual so those without a lick of intellectual honestly will happily take advantage of this and act the same as pig headed normalfags in real life who think it is perfectly reasonable for an adult to silence another person with threats of violence.

Rational conversation doesn't have to be a "debate". The point is to interact in earnest and openly share information. The educated people of the world use this platform of discussion to learn things. Only a tribalistic pleb views discourse as a means to "win" something. Knowledge is the only important thing here.
>>
>>568075
TLDR: Dumb people will behave exactly like the normalfags they hate when protected by anonymity.
>>
>>568055
Because it's completely ineffectual. If we had an account system we would be able to deal with ban evaders, but as it is, when they have nothing but an IP to identify them with, bans mean absolutely nothing.
>>
>>568105
>bans mean absolutely nothing.
I'd say they're worth a tiny bit more than nothing. It's better than not having them at all.
>>
>>568106
Are you seriously fucking arguing semantics when evading a ban is as easy as pressing a button twice?
>>
>>568107
Not everyone has a dynamic IP, and at least a few kids don't have mobile phones. It's ever so slightly better than not having bans at all.
>>
>>568091
>TLDR
You're one of those dumb people.

>>568110
>Not everyone has a dynamic IP
Just the extreme majority of people accessing the Internet over a non-business commercial connection.
>and at least a few kids don't have mobile phones
Please, fucking please, drop this shit already. Changing your IP has never been an issue in the past and won't be in the future; smartphones have not changed this.
>>
>>568121
I completely understand that mobileposting is common and that many people do have dynamic IPs. I'm only saying that being able to ban a few people is better than absolutely nothing at all.

What's more is that I agree this place needs an anonymous account system to improve.
>>
File: 4794958-6648649627-Revie.jpg (72 KB, 450x269) Image search: [Google]
4794958-6648649627-Revie.jpg
72 KB, 450x269
>>567893
>Why the FUCK is critical thinking so difficult to come across on this website?
>mfw anon hasn't seen other websites stupididty
Critical thinking is rare across the internet, don't be shocked.
>>
>>568136
I don't know why I expect any better here.
>>
>>567893
There are many reasons, but mostly because you take it way more seriously than most other people.
>>
>>568068
>dared/cared to take up roost here.
I like the way you speak english, Anon, are you American?
>>
File: clint1190.jpg (22 KB, 445x286) Image search: [Google]
clint1190.jpg
22 KB, 445x286
>>568138
because your critical thinking skills aren't as good as you think they are
>>
Fuck off, op. I exercise critical thinking for 16 hours a day as a student at a T14 law school. Shitposting on 4chan is harmless.
>>
>>568165
Possibly because this place touts itself as being better than everywhere else.
It was a huge mistake to believe even a small fraction of that lie.
>>
critical thinking is for fucking nerds you NIGGER
>>
OP should apply his critical thinking skills to this problem. It's not a difficult one.
>>
>>568215
Critical thinking isn't welcome here. Only laziness, sarcasm, poor standards, and unintentional neglect is.
>>
>>568221
Fuck off, nigger. Have you ever read 2ch or one of the thousands of Japanese spinoffs? Anonymous bulletin boards are vapid because they allow its members to indulge in hedonism. If you want to engage in an actual discussion, go to Reddit or use Facebook. Anonymity exists purely for funposting.
>>
>>568232
>Anonymity exists purely for funposting.
Damn, son. That's a big bundle you're carrying.
>>
>>568234
Am I wrong? Go read a book on basic sociology. Anonymous message boards lack something that is necessary for meaningful discourse and that is social capital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_capital
>>
File: 1441588559271.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1441588559271.png
218 KB, 600x579
If you came to this site expecting answers, such a fool you must be. This is a tomb where words of gut twisting hatred, soul crushing loss, and mind numbing solitude echo; we are here to release what the world has bestowed, not absorb it.

This place, to which some call home, is an instrument of emotional vivisection; a tool to remove the leeches named despair and self-malice which society had afflicted those they deemed a lesser.

To prosper here, one must learn balance by relishing in the disdain of those who post revilement, all the while purging cancerous thoughts that plague the heart. The touchless miserables here are not bound by this physical plane, but materialize through posts of written language behind the mask of anonymity. Make use of these robot readers so others may share your misery; articulate the burden of your weathered spirit who knows not the warmth and joy of an amorous bond.

Then learn to laugh along with the nihilists, gluttons, and the cursed; banter with the villains, the whores, the sick and perverse. In this dark corner of the interwebs, they are your cruel companions, your cohorts of self depravity; all bonded together as faceless rejects who world has forsaken.

So go and run, Anon, leave our secret club. You may yet have a chance to escape untainted from the emotive parasites which thrive on this site. May you never know the bedevilment which captivates us; the vexation of memetic imagery arousing mans most primitive sins. For I am envious, Anon, my path led to damnation. Forsaken was I, a worthless cretin; condemned to bear witness to the fleeting years of my priceless youth fade and my mortal vessel rot with age. This site has imprisoned me; sealing me away to a fate of endless decay, forever bickering among the other wretches of this cyberspace cafe for the socially aborted.
>>
>>568178
if it makes you feel better, 4chan's the only place on the internet humble enough to allow anons to admit it's shit without fearing getting banned.
>>
>>568238
>this is what chancucks actually believe
my my, aren't you a sheltered little child
>>
>>568240
dumb cuckposter
>>
>>568235
I never said people aren't like that. But saying the only reason anonymity exists is to help people act like an idiot isn't truthful.

>>568236
All I'm getting from that is: The people here are human waste, so we should help them stay that way.
I'll admit that it was the most interesting thing I've read in a while.
>>
>>568235
>Am I wrong?

Yes. It'll take you a while to figure out where and how. Good luck.
>>
>>568091
They don't need that protection of anonymity to do that. They do it just as much on facebook.
>>
>>568138
I don't either.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.