[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your board deciding on what to do with the banner contest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1463628266494.gif (327 KB, 834x870) Image search: [Google]
1463628266494.gif
327 KB, 834x870
How's your board deciding on what to do with the banner contest?
>>
>>567701
>downloading and running ads
>>
>>567709
Board banners aren't the adds, anon.
>>
>>567714
Read the page again. These ones are.
>>
>>567701
When the go to sleep...
Spurdo sneaks down and murders them..
>>
File: 1448903505339.jpg (83 KB, 560x419) Image search: [Google]
1448903505339.jpg
83 KB, 560x419
>but only 4chan Pass users will be able to vote. One vote per pass per board
What?
>>
>>567717
No they aren't.
These are board promotion banners, not self serve adds. Two very, very different things.
>>
>>567726
You'd be running the exact same scripts to display them, sometimes getting a self serve ad, sometimes getting board ads, and sometimes getting infected with a rootkit.
>>
>>567724

They want to prevent double voting. It's not a bad idea, it's just weird around here, being that we dont have user accounts.
>>
>>567735
>You'd be running the exact same scripts to display them
You really have no fucking idea what you are talking about. It's a static fucking image you clown. You can block/remove the element with custom CSS and they disappear.

>sometimes getting a self serve ad, sometimes getting board ads, and sometimes getting infected with a rootkit.
No, you fucking retard. I never get adds because I use an adblocker like anyone with half a fucking brain. I get banners because I don't block them as they are static images hosted on the http://s.4cdn.org domain. Redirect ads are absolutely nothing like banner images.
>>
>>567724
Very expensive but long-lasting self-serve ads.
Maybe that Malaysian drawfag /pol/ complains about will make one for /pol/ and sign it with a little link to his Patreon.
>>
>>567741
If you block ads, you won't be seeing these banners. Again, these are not for the 300x100 banners at the top of the page. They are for the small 468x60 ad banners in the space underneath the post form. Read the contest page again, and be sure to click "Submit Banner" because that's where they put the dimension info.
>>
File: Capture.png (46 KB, 777x743) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
46 KB, 777x743
>>567744
>but long-lasting self-serve ads
From the contest page:
>We're going to use 4chan's banner ad spaces to link to our own boards, and we want you to design the banners
So no, this is not at all about self serve ads. It is about the board banners. Stop spreading misinformation.

>>567747
>They are for the small 468x60 ad banners in the space underneath the post form
No they fucking aren't.
Do you think we can't fucking read or something? The contest page clearly states that this is like every other banner submission but with the difference being that tools who got jewed over by buying a pass, are the ones to vote them in, instead of mods picking what they like as they have done in the pass.

There is nothing about self-serve ads here. The banner submissions are for boards, not ads which redirect to external sites. I've posted the actual fucking image incase you manage to convince some retard too lazy to go to the page itself.
>>
>>567724
>Ultima Online
Why do you do this to my nostalgia, anon?
Based on the road and those lightpoles it's from around Trinsic.
Could be Britain, though, it's been so long.
>>
didn't the "read the rules" banner used to run in the ad space
>>
>>567753

from >>567747:
>They are for the small 468x60 ad banners in the space underneath the post form
from the contest page:
>We're going to use 4chan's banner ad spaces
>Image dimensions must be exactly 468x60

I'm sorry, but you are a very silly person.
>>
>tfw my thread is not comfy like I wanted it to be, and is instead just an argument
T-thanks, /qa/.
>>
File: 1378159011792.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1378159011792.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>567770
Hello, anon. How was your day? I hope it was nice!
I don't think you will find much of an answer here because the boards currently known to be part of this competition are so low population that it is unlikely many of them, if any, post on /qa/.
>>
File: capture.png (35 KB, 623x783) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
35 KB, 623x783
>>567753
You can't see the actual qualifications unless you click on the submit link. God only knows why.
>>
>>567753
>only 4chan pass users will be able to vote

They must be getting desperate about generating some revenue from those things - I haven't bought one since 2013.
>>
>>568017

Hiro is just testing the waters to see how we react to 4chan pass only events.
>>
>>567774
/news/ is making something, but I don't want it to be taken over by people from outtaboard.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.