[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look I know this is going to sound crazy but I'll swear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Lyonestates1955.jpg (56 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
Lyonestates1955.jpg
56 KB, 500x355
Look I know this is going to sound crazy but I'll swear to whatever gods you choose that there was an Anon on /pol/ right after the 2012 election who predicted that Donald Trump would run for president. I can't remember but I think he even said he would win. I was in the thread that he started where he predicted it in the OP post. I didn't take a screenshot at the time because I didn't take him seriously. I remember arguing with him and telling him how absurd it would be for Trump to run because of Romney's vulture capitalist label after having just lost the 2012 election and how voters would never go for a media star. The OP never said he was a time traveler or a psychic or whatever that I can remember but he just said he "knew". I need to find an archive of /pol/ during it's first year back from /new/ (2012) so I can put this out of my mind, it's been driving me crazy ever since he announced his candidacy. What I really need to do is search for all instances of the word "Trump" before 2013 on /pol/. Any suggestions? pic not related

tl;dr How can I find an archive of /pol/ from 2012 on the internet?
>>
>>567676
Post results in this thread if you find your time traveller.

https://purl.stanford.edu/tf565pz4260
>>
>>567693
>This archive of the 4chan imageboard files is packaged exactly as it was delivered to the Stanford Digital Repository by the collection donor. The files are compressed using the 7z compression format. As of the date of this writing (February 12, 2014), Windows users should have little difficulty in uncompressing these files; Mac users may experience more difficulty.

>To request a copy of this data package in uncompressed format, please contact the Stanford Digital Repository at [email protected].

Hmm.. thanks very much for the link, will do, but searching a 3gb archive obtusely titled "4chan.7z" seems like a daunting task. I guess I'll download it and see if I'm dealing with raw text here or what. bbl, discuss among yourselves if you want.
>>
>>567676
American soceity is painfully predictable.
I don't see how predicting Trump jumping into the election circus as really that strange. Candidates basically start electioneering before the previous election is decided.
>>
I really never kept track of who archived /pol/.
4plebs seems to have /pol/ back until 2014 or so but that's it.
Not a good time to search for archived stuff since the archives keep shutting down.
>>
Gee, could it be because the guy had hinted the possibility of running for years? Wow, great predicition you've got there OP...
>>
>>567866
This.

>>567676
Been on pol for three years and don't know a fucking thing about politics, sounds about right.

>https://youtu.be/OCabT_O0YSM
>>
He floated his candidacy in 2012 too.
>>
https://youtu.be/n9mzJhvC-8E?t=9m15s
>>
OP here.
>>567708
it's strange because every other time he's "floated" his candidacy he was laughed off the news channels and back onto The Apprentice
>>567866
He didn't "hint", he trolled people like Chris Matthews, whom he told he was running (and didn't) for over 20 years. It wasn't my prediction, it was another random Anon's. I just want to find a screenshot of it. Nobody took him seriously then and very few took him seriously now when he announced.
>>567947
I assure you, I've forgotten more about politics than you ever knew.
>>567957
He "floated his candidacy" in 2000, 2004, and 2008 too, but that was just trolling. Then Obama mocked him at the correspondent's dinner, which is what the clip in >>567971 is about.

tl;dr Nobody could have predicted this (except the OP of that one thread in 2012), and people ITT saying otherwise are just playing Captain Hindsight.

Still haven't found the thread in 2012 though, still looking.
>>
>>568101
You assure me eh.

How do you know what I know about politics from my post? Confirmed jizzlord.
>>
>>568116
Because you linked an infowars video, which is something that someone who knows anything about politics would never do unironically.
>>
>>568128
Infowars is the source, Mr Trump is the subject.

How is that not relevant jizzlord?
>>
>>567676
>voters would never go for a media star.
But that's exactly what a modern political leader is.
>>
goddamnit, still looking

my search tools are substandard though so it's taking a long time
>>
dammit
>>
getting warmer
>>
welp I can't find it in that Stanford archive but it's is nowhere near a complete archive, it appears to be a randomly selected bunch of threads from all boards.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.