[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I try to post I always get 'connection error'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 0Qt7z.jpg (92 KB, 689x649) Image search: [Google]
0Qt7z.jpg
92 KB, 689x649
Whenever I try to post I always get 'connection error' message. It's been like that for a week now, did Russia get banned permanently?
>>
>>567266
Who is this girl?
>>
>>567266
But you posted this thread?
Checkmate athiests
>>
>>567266
>did Russia get banned permanently?
Yes, but you'd be getting an error saying your country is blocked, unless the Russian government banned the website itself, like Saudi Arabia did.
>>
test
>>
test
>>
test
>>
test
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-21_00-38-26.png (4 KB, 309x52) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-21_00-38-26.png
4 KB, 309x52
I posted these >>567359 >>567417 >>567425 shortly after restarting my router, and problem still persists each time I try to post again.
Not sure what the problem is, maybe it has something to do with cloudflare? I tried clearing cookies/changing browser, it didn't help.
What could be the logic behind this? Am I the only one with this problem?
>>567297
Apparently I couldn't post, but I could make threads, which is pretty strange.
>>567345
Now that I was looking for working proxies to be able to post here (hiro/moot did really good job banning those) I know what "blocked country" error says. It wasn't that kind of error.
I doubt it has anything to do with the government banning the site since if it was the case I wouldn't be able to make this thread. I'd get 'blocked by isp' page after opening the site itself, not after making posts, that's how banning usually works here.
>>567285
I wish I knew, sorry.
>>
test
>>
>>567432
They're blocking I think sys.4chan.org or something like that, I don't remember because it's been awhile.
>>
>>567266
With 4chan X you should be able to post if you turn "Show Upload Progress" off. The progress monitoring forces a CORS preflight check, which isn't working correctly for Russian users apparently. That's why there's an issue with the quick reply but not the post form at the top of the page.
>>
test
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-21_01-59-48.png (134 KB, 1366x655) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-21_01-59-48.png
134 KB, 1366x655
>>567462
I remembered that there is an official registry for sites blocked in Russia. I looked up 4chan on it, it's not blocked here for sure.
>>567474
Thanks for the heads up, anon. I wasn't aware that posting using form at the top of the page doesn't cause an error.
I'm using another extension (dollchan script), posting with it works fine after disabling 'posting with ajax' feature.
I'll contact extension's dev with details, thanks again.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.