[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remove ID's on /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1119527847-mzl_mmlddfgg[1].png (402 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1119527847-mzl_mmlddfgg[1].png
402 KB, 512x512
>2016
>/pol/ still had ID's

Time to remove them and the notion they prevent shilling is absurd -- an individual can easily just use a VPN or proxy to shill. Even without ID's you can still (generally speaking) identify samefags based off "posters" mentioned in the bottom right corner that are partaking in the thread and pinpoint an individual when it comes to their style of writing (especially syntax) overall.
>>
POO IN LOO PAJEET
>>
>the notion they prevent shilling
Who? Who ever said that was what they were for? The meme-word "shilling" is about 1 year old. Maybe a little more. IDs are going on, like, 6 years old.

Who?
>>
>im a candian/ausitrlian/indian poster
>>
>>565434
I said remove ID's you fucking moron. Not flags.
>>
>>565380
Fuck off kike
>>
>>565400
>shilling is only 1 year old
Lol no
I'm against removing the ID's but holy shit you're new if you think that screaming shill is a recent thing
>>
>>565615
I have been on 4chan nonstop since 2003. Now that I've set myself to be called a liar, here's the skinny: They use to be called "slide" threads. The meme word "shilling" is a younger mutation. If your premise is that the concept has existed for longer than a year (or so) then I woulld concede. That being said, when/where was it ever set down that the IDs were suppose to stop hypothetical people from being paid to post?

It's to stop samefagging. Which isn't a paid endeavor.
>>
>>565713
wew lad you're fucking delusional and obviously from /pol/

you have it backwards, "slide" is the younger meme

"shilling" came from the nvidia vs amd threads on /g/, it's been used since 2007 or 2008 or so
>>
Agreed - remove them.
>>
>>565380
>>565381
>>565400
>>565434
>>565495
>>565517
>>565615
>>565713
>>565721
>>566220
>(((1 post by these IDs)))
>>
Bumping a thread with discussion due to the flooding happening right now. yu
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.