[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does it seem as if being mean is a prerequisite to posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1462836398257.jpg (23 KB, 297x564) Image search: [Google]
1462836398257.jpg
23 KB, 297x564
Why does it seem as if being mean is a prerequisite to posting on 4chan?
>>
>>565034
>someone holds a different point of view and defends it omg so mean

tough shit, you can't just downvote people who btfo you
>>
>>565034
I've long determined that communication on the internet with strangers is not healthy if you have and wish to maintain a positive, friendly disposition.
>>
>>565034
Thats not always the case, but theres lots of regret filled losers here that need to feel superior to someone, even though they know deep down what they really are. This butthurt cuck, for instance>>565036.. you just know hes a virgin and he haaaates it.
>>
>>565052
Not him, but what's wrong with being a virgin?
If I expect to marry a good virgin girl, I have to be a virgin, too.
I doubt I'll ever meet my perfect girl, but I'd rather stay a virgin, just in case.
>>
The animosity is the fire in which we are tempered. Through the process of acclimation, we are remade into better people. We are strengthened, but also made elastic. Our minds are our weapons, and we must keep them ever sharp.

If you see others as mean, then your impurities have not burned away, yet.
>>
>>565050
This and people only respond or pay attention if you act like an asshole or bitch you gay ass fuck newfag.
>>
>>565034
Well we just want to fit in.
>>
Because of immature people like >>565036, and delusional people like >>565057. Some people grow out of it.

Really, I'd say it's due to lack of fear. They don't fear consequences (because there are none) and they don't fear harming others.
>>
>>565034
It's more about coming here with expectations to be loved and cared for is chastised. Also expected to have tough- skin, if people being mean to you rubs you the wrong way go back to tumblr.
>>
>>565034
I like half life
>>
A lot of people are mean as a way to self moderate their board and keep newfags out. In this case, they would/should generally be nice, except in the rare circumstance that someone overstepped their bounds.

There are always going to be a small number of autists who get overly mad over small things and start a flame war though
>>
File: 1452108199222.png (182 KB, 481x511) Image search: [Google]
1452108199222.png
182 KB, 481x511
>>565092
>harming
>>
Because it's fun.

Besides, Humans are inherently mean, everyone has had mean thoughts about others. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or seriously delusional. It's great to be able to be mean to others on a platform like 4chan where everyone has thick skin and doesn't take those mean things to heart.
>>
The problem arises when some shitposters just use the excuse of being mean to deter and/or toughen up newcomers to the site to derail an entire discussion.
>>
>>565034
Because if you're an asshole you can bowl people over who aren't assholes regardless of who's right.
>>
>>565036
Ahah oh wow carefull guys we got a tough guy here

Oh man I really wish he won't bite me now that I've quoted his post

Pls forgive me ur so strong and imposing

You drooling piece of shit
>>
File: loli hand raise.jpg (84 KB, 803x790) Image search: [Google]
loli hand raise.jpg
84 KB, 803x790
>>565034
REAL TALK

Part of it is to keep new people away. We actively want to be as unwelcoming as possible because none of us like newcomers and there's nothing else stopping them from posting here.

Another part is the fact that anonymity offers an opportunity to actually openly dislike something without starting retarded internet drama. If I hate something you like I'm free to say it without having to talk to you tomorrow. I think that's actually one of the most important services 4chan offers. It's a "safe space" for not liking things.

The rest are edgy teenagers who want to tell their friends they hang out on that spooky website with all the hackers and the blowing up of the yellow vans.
>>
>>565285
>If I hate something you like I'm free to say it without having to talk to you tomorrow.
That's one of the funnier aspects of anonymity, I could be hardcore disagreeing with an anon and telling him to kill himself in one thread only to agree with his tastes and truly connect with him the next, without ever knowing.
>>
>>565285
>We actively want to be as unwelcoming as possible because none of us like newcomers and there's nothing else stopping them from posting here.
I get the feeling that while this kind of behavior scares some people away, it also invites others. We trade softer people for completely heartless jackasses.
>>
>>565375
>We trade softer people for completely heartless jackasses.

That's fine. Jackasses keep the normies out.
>>
>>565394
Jokes on you. I'm a softy pretending to be a heartless jackass sometimes to fit in.
>>
What if I'm an opposite case, where I was really nice when I first got here and 7 years later I'm an ass on 4chan and elsewhere?
>>
>>565398
Then you should start becoming a nice person again and stop being mean and bitter.
>>
Because you eventually mature out of being mean on 4chan.That angry, edgy phase will eventually end and then you will be able to appreciate life more, free of heavy hatred.
>>
Bumping a thread with discussion due to the flooding happening right now. hj
I'M RUNNING OUT OF THE BUFFER ZONE AHHHH
>>
File: pictures_1130_amtk355.jpg (116 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
pictures_1130_amtk355.jpg
116 KB, 800x530
>>
>>565034
Because the best humor derives from cynicism.
>>
I'm actually nice on 4chan because people here are agreable. I'm much more mean in person or on site with registration.
>>
>>565396
I'd rather have people like you rather than people who pretend to be retarded.
>>
I think about it as part of the fun. I sometimes go overally antagonistic and mean, but I always do it in jest to amplify the opinion I am trying to express.

But I agree there seem to be many people online that are overally serious and can't take a joke.
>>
I enjoy the negativity.
There's no where else where I can tell people to kill themselves for liking something I dislike, and there's no other site where people can call me a faggot for liking something. Sure someone's feelings may get hurt, but I'd rather have overly honest people, over some place where if I really don't like something, or if I think someone's acting like a faggot I can't call them out for having shit taste/being a faggot.
>>
>>565034
it's just bants, and if it isn't, then lol
>>
>>565394
Only at the same rate they keep out everyone else. A lot of normal people are jackasses.
>>
>>565034

It really isn't.
>>
>>565034
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE3j_RHkqJc
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.