[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone here who was on 4chan since the very first day,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Is there anyone here who was on 4chan since the very first day, on the very first post? I'm guessing they had to be guys from SomethingAwful who were told about it; I don't know how someone could've known about the site back in 2003 unless they found it by accident by VERY slim chance.

You'd think that in the Internet Age, where "nothing gets lost", more would be documented from 4chan's early years, but they've been surprisingly lost to the sands of time.
>>
I was on SA when it got made but I didn't give a shit about anime so I didn't come here for years. I'm guessing there's at least a few people from those days that did come here at the beginning still hanging around though.
>>
>>563532
What exactly made this site grow into the reputation of "big scary evil 4chan" or "the Internet hate machine"? It seems Moot's intentions for the site were innocent enough; he just wanted it to be another anime board.

If /b/ was never created, would this site perhaps be seen as a whole different animal?
>>
>>563542
From what I've gathered, and seen in my time here, this site contains a certain spirit that also drew me to the SA forums way back when. SA forums were crazy at the beginning, it was a lot of people having a lot of fun doing really stupid and creative stuff, and pretty much being unapologetic assholes the whole time. /b/ thinks they invented habbo raids but GBS was doing that shit before 4chan even existed. I'm sure this place gained notoriety in the same manner that the SA forums did. Just being assholes to the rest of the internet and attracting attention to themselves by doing crazy shit.
>>
>>563525
The kind of Internet archival we're used to now didn't really exist in 2003. There wasn't even YouTube in 2003.

Also don't forget that people didn't grasp the significance of 4chan back then. We thought it was just our crappy corner of the web that would amount to nothing.
>>
>>563550
When you say "we", does it mean you were one of the guys there since the start? What was it like then?
>>
>>563551
No sorry I'm not that old.
>>
>>563525
Lolno
I was outside having a social life and banging chicks
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.