[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bold Idea to solve /sp/ and /asp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault-4.jpg (162 KB, 1906x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-4.jpg
162 KB, 1906x1080
Why don't we take the two sports/"""sports""", divegrass and mandrama, and quarantine them in their own joint board.
That way we can take the one sport that floods and ruins /sp/ and the one """sport""" that floods and ruins /asp/ and combine them into one vile refuse containment board.
>>
>>562424
Good idea
I would throw cricket and rugby as there for more keks
>>
/sp/ without divegrass would be fucking dead. Not sure why you would even browse that board if you don't like the sport.
>>
>>562452
OP is American
>>
Why not send professional wrestling to /tv/? It's a scripted drama, not a sport. The stuntmen in a movie are athletic and put their lives on the line for their job, but that isn't a sport either.

/tv/ would be qualitatively better if WWE and that stuff were sent there, and I don't even like wrestling.
>>
Or how about you just ban generals on both boards and make everyone forced anonymous. If they wanna tripfag they should take their cancer, especially football manager faggots, to /trash/.
>>
Sports belong together, in >>>/sp/
motor/sp/ort could go to >>>/o/, but that would kill the general (because /o/'s input on car racing is like asking a deaf person to tell you if a song is good or not)
But WWE could certainly go into >>>/tv/ and let >>>/asp/ live again. And I'm not against giving them a containment board (it happened to >>>/mlp/ anyway, no damage there)
>>
>>562677
Oh, /fifa/ and /trb/ is >>>/vg/, literally no reason keeping them on >>>/sp/
>>
>>562424
this would probably work since they both make so many threads so quickly

>>562452
/sp/ would just need to be liberated of the cancer of generals and this wouldn't be a problem anymore

>>562547
I just don't want wrestling on /sp/ because theyre basically australia but this might work
>>
>>562424
Mandrama belongs in /tv/. Merge /asp/ back with /sp/. The divide is pointless.
>>
>>562753
>Merge /asp/ back with /sp/. The divide is pointless.
Uh, no, it's really not. Airsoft, paintball, inline, skating, fencing/HEMA, etc. never had a presence on /sp/ in the first place. The first two literally had no home, what with being denied from /sp/, /k/, /toy/, and /tg/ in the past. MMA is really the only significant sport on /sp/ that has its main home on /asp/, but that shit is mostly unwanted on /sp/.

Besides, /asp/ies traditionally participate in the sports they talk about, even most MMA discussion is training related, unlike the armchair coaches on /sp/ talking about pro sports they watch.
>>
>>562753
That won't work at all.
There's definitely some solution to this entire mess.
There are two main issues in order of importance:

1) Wrestling absolutely murdered /asp/. It really doesn't belong there at all. It made /sp/ better but it made /asp/ worse, which isn't really fair even though /asp/ is the smaller board. Most /sp/ posters feel bad for the core alt sports posters.
2) /sp/ has an issue with overflooding. It's not just soccer. This happens all the time in the northern autumn when handegg comes around and the board floods like crazy on sundays. Don't even get me started about the playoffs. The overflooding is just insane and leads to a lot of bait and dumb threads.

The solutions would be any combination of the following, but necessitating the [point a]
a) Create a containment board for wrestling. It would be absolute havoc to put it on /tv/, it'll never go back to /sp/, and it needs to be isolated from /asp/. This needs to happen
b) Create a containment board for soccer
c) Create a /sp/ general board. This probably is just fantasy because I don't think this board would work in theory
d) Find some other sensible way to reorganize /sp/ and /asp/ because it's a fucking mess right now
>>
>>562455
best dubs
>>
>>562812
>c) Create a /sp/ general board
This would be the dream. Each board should have it's own general sub-board, only accessible through the main board like text boards were.
>>
>>563135
/sp/ wasted their Hiroshima wish on getting rid of wrestling unfortunately
>>
>>562424
Here is a better split: /sp/ for people who talk abotu and do sports themself
/spf/ sport faggots for streamboars and tv watching plebs.
Gay men drama obviously goes on /spf/
>>
>>563135
Hiro should introduce the same kind of flipside system that exists on 2channel for every board. One side for serious fuckin business/on topic discussion and the other for foolishness, "funposting", generals, board culture and so on.
>>
>>564294
That's a terrible idea. Then there would be the funpost board and then the serious business board, and they'd hate each other an insist that they were the "true" board.
>>
>>565699
Entirely fucking irrelevant as they would be different boards and what anons may think about one or the other is a moot point.
You are part of the problem: you aren't here for discussion, you're are here for office politics and other female orientated bullshit.

Who fucking cares what people on a different board think about another board.
>>
Bumping a thread with discussion due to the flooding happening right now. ee
>>
>>565706
What every board needs to function is a critical mass interested in the subject matter, and that includes the serious and non-serious. They both contribute to threads. By having both, dialog is more interesting. What you need to avoid are the EXTREMES of both sides, the incessant shitposters and those who take shit so seriously they become arbiters of badwrongfun, and splitting the board between serious and shitposting would just amplify both sides. It's not about what people think, it's how they react, and circlejerks fucking suck no matter who's having them.
>>
Bumping a thread with discussion due to the flooding happening right now.
Great, I'm repeating now. Fucking furfags. hh
>>
>>566442
/sp/ had this 100% fucking perfected

Then /q/ happened
>>
was the creation of /quests/ more important than cleaning up the cesspool that /wwe/ has made of /asp/?
>>
>>567777
>a problem on /tg/ for years outweighs a probelm on /asp/ that happened for months
>>
>>567777
Nobody at 4chan has sufficient rank to reverse a decision that hiro personally made.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.