[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
moderation on /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 1465946790690.jpg (128 KB, 921x477) Image search: [Google]
1465946790690.jpg
128 KB, 921x477
Let me preface this by saying the mods are actually doing a pretty good job killing non political threads on /pol/, especially since /pol/ is one of the most populous boards on 4chan and the most commonly targeted for raids (see pic.)

My problem is not with the moderation at all, but I do think the rules on /pol/ need to be amended. The influx of shitty threads is quite obviously out of control right now, and it's always the same thing: an OP that posts an inflammatory picture and one line of "dialogue" (/pol/ BTFO, really makes you think, ect.) and generally the OP makes no other posts in his own thread.

If the OP doesn't even respond to his own thread, he's obviously not there for discussion or conversation. I get that adding rules to a board is a fine line especially since /pol/ is majorly about free speech, but these threads are so formulaic and common that I think nothing of value would be lost if these types of threads have some rule that could be applied to them, such as punishment for posting an OP with absolutely no constructive input of their own. If they do this, they're obviously trying to slide good threads or just generally piss people off.

I think the quality of /pol/ will improve once the American elections are over because people won't have any reason to raid the board, but in the meantime something definitely needs to be done because the raiding going on is very real.

Hope somebody considers this because I love /pol/ but it has become nearly completely unusable in recent weeks.
>>
Miscegenation Shilling
-----
These posters often create bait threads in which they create a single op with the sole topic being about some form of miscegenation. These could be shock images of Black men with White women, or other types of threads where it is a picture of a non-white Woman with the OP asking if that woman is hot.

https://sli.mg/a/eCw35r
-----
Trump General Shilling

Generally, the main Trump general shills are those who try to D&C the common posters in the thread. They tend to attack NAZI posters for being 1488ers, and AWOO/Anime posters for being r9k weebs. These types of posts serve no real purpose. Sometimes they are purely defeatists.

https://sli.mg/a/lNCRpN
-----
General Leftist Baitposting/Sliding

These are low-effort non-miscegenation posts that generally involve some image macro and a very low-effort comment. Examples include "Really makes you think..","pol BTFO","pol will defend this", "conservashits (With Occupy Democrats Image)". Sometimes these threads have no purpose but to slide more useful threads.

https://sli.mg/a/IDMDH3
-----
Dedicated Shilling

These are posters who constantly everyday on the clock post about a specific topic that goes contrary to most of pol. In the album linked you will see a very dedicated Canadian leafposter that for 3-4 months would argue how Obama did such a great job creating 14 million jobs. Any actual good arguments against Obama's capability as a president he would ignore, however, he would destroy posters who were not good at debating. The best way to defeat these guys is simply to ridicule them with memes, because you will never convince them they are wrong. They are very likely paid shills.

https://sli.mg/a/0tI6mz
-----
The Art of Shilling

You can find a very good guide here https://i.sli.mg/MRmGUs.png (embed)
You can find further examples of shilling in the parent album.
https://sli.mg/a/O7c478
-----
http://pastebin.com/6w9h6nnb (embed)
>>
Previous threads detailing the situation:

>>561861
>>561454
>>>/pol/77291664

Bump threads like the ones above to garnish attention, and hopefully something will be done about it.

Sliding episodes on /pol/'s catalog is nothing new. This is a problem that's happened on numerous occasions, most notably the recent Russia IP Range ban/unban and the Orlando massacre threads, which have attracted VERY unwanted attention. Use /pol/'s archive (http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/) and learn how to identify bait threads designed to ruin our board!

>highlight and copy Unique ID
>ctrl+f ; paste Unique ID in the search bar.
>If there's only one or two posts by that ID in the entire thread, chances are they're a shillbot.
>proceed to report, sage, and hide the thread.
>look for buzzwords, "hmm really makes you think", "how can X compete", "/pol/ BTFO", etc.

ONLY TOGETHER CAN WE BRING ATTENTION TO THIS EPIDEMIC!
>>
>>561861
bump, the shilling is out of control
>>
Mods or Hiro please we need help
>>
I have also noticed many of them have Canadian, British, and Australian IPs
>>
File: image.jpg (627 KB, 1536x1966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
627 KB, 1536x1966
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

IDENTICAL THREADS ARE BEING POSTED WITH IDENTICAL REPLIES

let me explain:

A thread will be started with an op, picture and all, that is identical to an old thread. Where it gets interesting is when the replies start rolling in. They are identical to the old thread as well.

Anyone that has browsed pol long enough will have had these Deja's VU moments.

The most worrying part... THEY ARE NOT BEING ARCHIVED ON 4PLEBS
>>
>>561912
Those are literal bots, Anon. Ever see the malware clickbait on /b/? It's exactly like that without the malware. I don't know why they aren't being archived though.
>>
Oh I'm sorry, I thought /pol/ supported freedom of speech
I'm sorry these assholes are coming in with their different opinions and triggering you
>>
We need you mods
>>
>>561921
Politics does attract proselytization, no matter how good or bad the intentions may be. That is accepted. But this is not an attempt to inform nor to discuss political issues. It's an attempt to undermine discussion on the board, not once or twice, but through a continous effort of making inflammatory and provocative threads for the sole purpose of getting replies so that other threads, which have been deemed ill-favored, can be suppressed.
>>
>>561921
this is a good example of the shitposting I would *normally* expect /pol/, rather than the sliding garbage we get these days.

I made 3 threads on a topical political subject earlier that got slid, and just gave up out of frustration. Thankfully there's one on the front page now with 100+ posts, but it's a crapshoot as to whether it hits the 'critical mass' to stay afloat.
>>
>>561921

Found one of the paid shills.
>>
>everyone that disagrees with me is a shill
Classic polfag delusion. If you want a hugbox go to rddit newfag
>>
>>562018
Your stroke is making you more obvious, Hillary
>>
>>562018
Found the shill
>>
Also, about this whole 'slid' meme. Is your ego really so inflated that you would rather believe that secret agents are spamming shitposts to hide your thread rather than face the fact that maybe no one cares about your shitty OP? Pol will always have garbage threads in the catalog it's pol ffs
>>
>>562027
>>562022
Found the stormfront shills
>>
File: 1465057061631.png (108 KB, 1887x491) Image search: [Google]
1465057061631.png
108 KB, 1887x491
This is how /pol/ operates
>I was incorrect and now that I'm aware of it I'm totally redpilled, even though I probably won't change my behaviour in the slightest
>we have to redpill everyone, we should totally go mainstream guise muh higher purpose
>let's shill on leddit kekeke we'rethejewsnow.jpg
>/pol/ triples in average post rate, largely due to the influx of social media users aka normalfags who don't givee a shit about actual political issues, just memes and bait replying
>/pol/tards are surprised when shitty threads get most replies, since they're relatable twitter/facebook shit, and discussion of actual topics gets killed
>>
>>561881
>sli.mg

reddit pls go
>>
File: wtf.png (57 KB, 800x716) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
57 KB, 800x716
20 double agents died for me to bring you this image. Please respect their sacrifice.
>>
Face the facts man, /pol/ is a shit board. It is full of normalfags and redditors. Majority of the threads are shitty bait threads, including the ones you agree with. It is no better than /b/.
>>
>>561881
>Generally, the main Trump general shills are those who try to D&C the common posters in the thread.
They try to abort them? Retroactively?
>>
Just apply the robot.
>>
8gag refugees from the administration change want /pol/ to be a Nazi hugbox like it is over there. Don't listen to them. Even based cuckwheels admitted 8/pol/ was shit.
>>
File: tumblr_nqf0huwgEB1t0f7cho1_1280.jpg (194 KB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqf0huwgEB1t0f7cho1_1280.jpg
194 KB, 1280x857
>anyone who calls out the logical inconsistencies in my juvenile belief system is a paid government black ops false flagger/shill!
How's mental illness treating you?

Are you really that self important that you think clandestine organizations are targeting you because the posts you make are that insightful and groundbreaking?
>>
>>562120
>>562062
Go to /pol/. There's constant shitposting (making threads; we should call it shitthreading) pushing down everything else, with no OP replies. Whether it is a conspiracy or not is irrelevant, it needs to be dealth with.
>>
>>562062
the amount of bait threads with no responses from the op is pretty suspicious senpai
>>
>>562128
>>562133
Fuck you faggots. I started a thread asking a question about the IRA and didn't post in it because the OP already covered everything i wanted to say and then someone from your cult started sperging out about me being a thread slider or some shit. Go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>562128
>it needs to be dealth with.
Or what? /pol/ is a place for free exchange of ideas. Are you trying to censor ideas that make you uncomfortable? Are you trying to censor ideas that trigger you? Sounds a little familiar, huh?

Who the fuck do you think you are to determine what deserves to be in the catalog and what doesn't? /pol/ is supposed to be pro free speech.
>>
>>562137
then people should comment in threads that align with their ideals, instead of making a gorillion "1 post by this ID" threads.
>>
>>562133
>responding your own bait
you're doing it wrong
>>
>>562138
>people should comment in threads that align with their ideals
So you're saying everyone should have their own safe space where everyone agrees with them? Anyone who dislikes Trump can't post in trump general?

hmmmmmmmmmmm, what does this sound like?
>>
>>562137
jewish """"ideas"""" don't count
>>
>>562134
We're not talking about legitimate /pol/ topics, we're talking about *shitposting*

>>562137
Shitposting is against the rules.

On the front page right now:
>>>/pol/77327291
>>>/pol/77325319
>>>/pol/77327287
>>>/pol/77326135
Refresh
>>>/pol/77327386
>>>/pol/77326034
>>>/pol/77318399

>protiP: you can't
>/pol/ BTFO
>well /pol/?
>really makes you think

Summerfags or sliders or shills, it doesn't matter. It's a problem.
>>
>>562142
>(((Anonymous)))
>>
>>562144
Then tell your faggots to stop crusading against threads where the OP doesn't post.
>>
>>562142
No. What I'm saying is, is that we don't need twenty fucking posts a minute about why semi auto's need to be banned.
>>
>>562144
sort by last long reply
>>
>>562147
on a fast moving politics board immediately after a shooting
>>
>>562144
One of those posts is a legitimate point against Trump, one is a point against private gun ownership and another is calling out the paranoid retardation.

But of course, if it goes against your ideology, it must be shilling!

Pathetic. I thought /pol/ was supposed to be a place where free speech was prized and all points of view are welcome.

At least that's what /pol/cucks tell me when I say that the board is an alt-right echochamber and should be deleted.
>>
>>561861
Admit the Holocaust happened.
>>
>>562151
Delete your account.
>>
>>562150
>when every other post on first page is about 2nd amendment as well
>>
>>562153
Not an argument.
>>
>>562155
>first page
Change the sort order then.
>>
>>561881
>I like Hitler, I do not like shills
https://a.pomf.cat/blxsgi.webm
>>
>>562149
>>562158
The order doesn't matter to me, it's the volume, and the default order that the volume is sliding down
>>
>>562160
There are what, 165 threads?
>default order
then change it
>>
File: Face hidden.jpg (21 KB, 480x521) Image search: [Google]
Face hidden.jpg
21 KB, 480x521
>>562164
lost my facepalm image so pretend this is a facepalm image

Then reread my post.
>>
>>562168
There isn't enough volume in the world to drown out /pol/. You're a front page, default order pleb and you are opinion doesn't matter.
>>
File: file.png (267 KB, 1332x213) Image search: [Google]
file.png
267 KB, 1332x213
>give us our hugbox or we'll...
>w-we'll spam /mlp/!
>that'll show you! shills!
>>
>>562175
not /pol/, other boards love to get people against /pol/
>>
>>562177
Maybe they're raiding themselves, like the targets of gaygate.
>>
>>>/mlp/27654327
>/pol/ Regrouping General
>Due to the utterly rampant sliding of threads on /pol/,I have decided to make a thread here to act as a sanctuary to those bothered by sliding.
>I know that these two boards are allies and many of us are crossposters.Discuss ideas to stop this tyranny,shitpost and get comfy till this shitstorm is over
lel
>>
>>562181
This is a false flag by the shills intended to isolate /pol/ and render it weak and compliant.
>>
1. Enable the robot on /pol/
2. Delete /r9k/
>>
>>561901
>Australian
Genuine shame to our country, do not hesitate to ban.
>>
>>562190
At the very least enable robot and a minimum character number in the OP post.
>>
About time this shit was noticed.
>>
Issues still persist. Mods need to be more on this.

>>562356
Yet it didn't work for /r9k/
>>
It's still not stopping. The fuck are you mods and Hiro?!
>>
no mods or Hiro in sight right now
>>
bumping because we still need the mods to help us out
>>
>>562152
why would nazis deny the one thing they were good at
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.