[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that you are here forever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: 1391224606992.jpg (18 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1391224606992.jpg
18 KB, 512x384
Is it true that you are here forever?
>>
Yes, it's true. Even death does not offer release.
>>
>>560456
Well, that depends on your definition of "here".
>>
File: baron feel.jpg (95 KB, 658x708) Image search: [Google]
baron feel.jpg
95 KB, 658x708
I hardly visit any other site lately.
>>
Why would I leave?
>>
>>560462
And forever.
>>
>>560473
>wojack
Reddit you sure are funny!
>>
>>560456
4chan is fun for small bouts of shitposting but that's about it.

reddit is much more helpful for day to day stuff. (eg. i want to buy a lenovo laptop or a samsung tablet so i can check /r/lenovo and /r/samsung instead of asking /g/)
>>
>>560534
I remember when /g/ wasn't utter shit.
>>
>>560534
As much as I hate Reddit with a passion and avoid it as much as possible, it's true. If you want actual advice you're better off going elsewhere. /his/ questions will get you memes or >>>/pol/ for asking if Andrew Jackson was justified in his native relocation at the time, /g/ will just have people shit on any component you buy, /k/ will call you a pleb for buying a gun for less than $1000. It's pretty grating, actually.
>>
>>560812
sounds like you can't handle the bants tbqhwy
>>
>>560460
I can confirm this.
>>
>>561128
You know, why won't anyone else believe us?
>>
Anyone who isn't still here can't say otherwise.
>>
>>560534
Then fuck off to reddit and never come back, they probably have a shitposting board too.
We are helpful when we want to, didn't you get this already?
>>
forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever....
>>
>>560534
>4chan is fun for small bouts of shitposting but that's about it.
You and your shitposting are the reason why
>>
>>560534
Google is my friend in situations like this tbhfam. I'm not going to get my advice from a bunch of nerdy millennial hipsters on the internet.
>>
>>561576
What's there to discuss here?
Why discuss tech news on /g/ when you have hackernews?
Why discuss anything STEM related on /sci/ or /g/ when you can go to stackexchange or a specific reddit subforum?
Once the average person moves from /b/ to /v/ and /pol/, he soon realizes that there's very little substance to 4chan. This place is a meme factory because the boards are too broad to discuss anything effectively.
4chan really needs lax restrictions on new boards. For example, letting posters vote for boards would be a great way to turn 4chan into an actual discussion forum instead of a meme spewing chatroom.
>>
>>560534
It's because of attitudes like yours that no big boards are very good at giving advice.
Fuck off.
>>
>>560534
>all these people mad at truth
>>
>>560534
>/r/lenovo and /r/samsung
Designated shilling places?
Great way to make an informed decision

>>561648
Stackexchange is the only objectively good entry, but there isn't much discussion
Hackerjews are too immersed in their startup delusions, it's mostly useful as an aggregator
There are some knowledgeable people on reddit, but most of the time you'll get replies by people that don't even know what you're talking about and just reply for the upboats.

If subhumans didn't ravage /g/ this would be an issue because everyone would have agreed that windows phone was always shit
>>
>>560456
Nah, 4chan will cease to exist in 10 years.
>>
File: spooky laugh.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
spooky laugh.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>560456
It's true. I've been here for like 9 goddamn years. There is no escape. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>561683
Do you promise?
>>
File: V7mWT4I.jpg (703 KB, 724x7228) Image search: [Google]
V7mWT4I.jpg
703 KB, 724x7228
Pic related.
>>
There's no other place on the internet where I can talk about my hobbies and my ideas like I do on 4chan. This was true in 2011 when I started coming here and it's still the same. So yes I guess I am here forever.
>>
I've been here forever already, so yes.
>>
File: 1280px-Moot_at_ROFLCon_II_4.jpg (139 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Moot_at_ROFLCon_II_4.jpg
139 KB, 1280x1024
>here forever
Explain.
>>
>>562319
I know you're still here mot, don't play cloy
>>
>>560534
I would never browse reddit but I have to agree that it can be very useful
>>
File: 6Y0Emrc.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
6Y0Emrc.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>561699
>we shared pictures of disgusting and weird things and mastur-discussed the reaction they got from us
Every time
>>
>>561699
>there's no internet in the future
That's pretty dumb desu
>>
>been on 4chan since 2006
>try to leave multiple times
>reddit is a good news aggregator but has a shitty format and is godawful to have a discussion there
>fark hasn't changed in nearly 20 years and mods have to approve each thread resulting in only a few dozen a day and an hours to days lag time before discussing major news
>haven't been to something awful in a decade and have no desire to go back
>most other mainstream sites require an account resulting in e-peen fights and mod cock-sucking
>traditional forums have mediocre format and are typically slow
>other chans are slow and have a lot of wildly illegal content plastered about
>social media sites leave you exposed with your real name and info

I'm still here because even though 4chan is shit, everywhere else is shittier
>>
>>560456
anyone who would answer "no" would have already left. you're going to get biased answers
>>
>>562421
say-it

>is it still up fella
>>
>>560534
leddit is good for really specific stuff. I want to see what people think about a specific event that occurred this morning. leddit would have moved on by now, but leddit threads never go away. or, I want to know where I should buy a replacement display for my old phone. I have found that googling "phone display replacement reddit" is more useful than asking on 4chan.
>>
>>562454
>leddit would've moved on by now
I meant 4chan
I've also noticed that reddit has worse shitposting. they'll say the same shit over and over again
>>
womp womp
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.