[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r9k/ to /normie/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1453130697792.png (465 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1453130697792.png
465 KB, 500x513
/r9k/ should be renamed to /normie/

https://www.strawpoll.me/10463666

4chan is changing. No board is really the same as it was just a year ago. /r9k/ is a completely different place. It's just a slightly more autistic extension of /soc/ these days. If it was deleted again, I really doubt there would even be an impact on the rest of the site after a few days. As it is, it really contributes nothing to the site anymore.

We should address this problem. Whether it be deleted or rebranded something should be done.

>>
What I would support is a trial removal of the catalog on that board only
>>
/r9k/ genocide when?
>>
>>559932
desu this. /r9k/ is gone is just becoming /soc/ 2.0
>>
/r9k/ should just become unlisted.
>>
I don't go to /r9k/. Can you gentlemen explain me what is going on right now and why OP is upset?
>>
>>560027
The entire board is just bait at this point, everyone posting blatant bullshit to get each other angry and then acting in inflammatory ways to get responses, as well as constant /soc/ threads.

It's not just those things either, the board's filled with /b/ quality posts constantly, with no real topic or moderation to speak of. It definitely needs some drastic changes to be worthwhile keeping.

Go over there and have a browse of the catalog for a bit, open a couple threads, you'll see what I'm saying.
>>
Delete for 2days and unlist and try again in a couple of months time
>>
>>560057
This is probably the best option.
>>
/r9k/ should be deleted all together. Most of it's user base will either go to /pol/ or /b/. /pol/ gets deleted and /pol/tards get so mad they either leave 4chan altogether or whine about it on /b/. /b/ then becomes the ultimate contaimnent board because lets face it, most of the people who shitpost there aren't interested in other boards anyways. Except maybe /x/ and who cares about those schizos
>>
>>560057
will never happen. Hiro barely knows how to read english let alone understand the shithole that is /r9k/ right now. /r9k/ will continue to get worse until it's a hibrid of /b/ and /soc/
>>
>>560059
Mods need to realize that there really are no consequences to deleting their problem boards like /pol/ and /r9k/. Certainly, they'll throw a tantrum for a little bit, but in the end there's nothing they can really do about it.
>>
File: 1457296419902.png (577 KB, 901x889) Image search: [Google]
1457296419902.png
577 KB, 901x889
>>560077
>>560065

>>>/reddit/

Fuck off complaining about /pol/ you cunt, "waaaah its triggered me"

/pol/ is the most popular board on 4chan, and everyone knows /pol/ would flood /news/ and /his/ if it ever got deleted, so stop this shit meme and fuck off back to what ever liberal shit hole you festerd from
>>
>>560077
I mean, /pol/ would likely spill over onto the other boards heaps for a while, but you're right, it does that anyway.

I generally don't think boards need to be deleted anyway, no matter how shitty they are, but /r9k/ just has absolutely no fucking purpose, it's not even a board for virgins anymore, there's absolutely no identity to it apart from "I am very angry". Deleting it for a while to get rid of all the shitty elements that just jumped on it for a laugh would probably fix it, or at least give mods the chance to figure out some proper fucking rules and an identity for the place. I'm not saying it needs to be Wizchan 2.0 ( or like 4.0, really), but it just has absolutely nothing at this point. Even /pol/ has a general purpose, even if they're mostly all fucking retards over there.
>>
>>560084
>/pol/ is the most popular board on 4chan

No it isn't, /b/ is most popular, followed by /v/, and then /pol/. And when only like 10% of the traffic ever posts, amount of posts per hour doesn't mean it's the be all end all representation of what 4chan is.

>everyone knows /pol/ would flood /news/ and /his/ if it ever got deleted

/pol/ tried to flood /his/ when it first got created, but because they actually know next to fucking nothing about history at all, modern or ancient, they just consistently got BTFO'd and mostly left the place alone. Same would happen if it got deleted now.

>fuck off back to what ever liberal shit hole you festerd from
>Muh liberal boogieman!

Is captcha playing up for anyone else by the way? I'm just getting rejected even on easy captcha's, and have had like 5 in the last half hour that were asking me to find street signs while giving me a picture of an air conditioner broke up into squares or some shit.
>>
>>560084
Thanks for proving my point. You people seriously know no other way when it comes to respond to something you disagree with than telling the poster to fuck off to [insert unpopular website here]
>>
>>560093
Woah there anon, they can also imply you're not white or are a cuckold too, don't forget about those.
>>
>>560092
yeah no you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>560112
Good argument, you sure showed me the intellectual power of the alt right!
>>
File: 4534534.png (407 KB, 600x556) Image search: [Google]
4534534.png
407 KB, 600x556
>>560114
>alt right boogieman

You didn't make a repose, you just spouted shit, you might as well of hit a wok for all the good that post did >>560092

>No it isn't, /b/ is most popular, followed by /v/, and then /pol/.
So it is the most popular board

>/pol/ tried to flood /his/
>dodging /news/ part of the question
>thinking you can get rid of a pillar of 4chan

yeah no fuck off back to plebbit land
>>
>>560092
>leaving something alone.

Lol no, deleting any major board will not just leave, they'll flood across the site. Since the gay night club shooting /pol/ has been posting in /mu/ /lgbt/ and /b/. This was just a habbening. Now if it get deleted. /qa/ will be their new home.
>>
>>560119
There is no boogieman, I'm simply saying that you're not benefiting your movement at all by the response of "you're a fucking faggot" with a trump pic.

A repose to what? Being insulted and told I was scared of /pol? Anything objective I refuted, and I pointed out that /pol/ already tried to flood /his/ and it didn't work. The last part was just me saying there is no liberal boogieman out to get you clearly rational and calm /pol/ posters.

>So it is the most popular board

No? Can you not read?

>dodging /news/ part of the question
How do you propose I address a hypothetical like that? I don't browse /news/, and what /pol/ will or won't possibly do can't be argued for or against.

>>560121
You're acting like /pol/ posters exclusively post there, which they don't. They're already on other boards. They'd throw a tantrum for a while and shit up other places, but then would go away to other sites eventually.

I'm not even arguing /pol/ should be deleted anyway, stop being so defensive.
>>
>>560084
>pbr
Opinion and candidate completely discarded.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.