[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does pic related trigger the people here so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
Why does pic related trigger the people here so much?
>>
Really? You don't remember a thing that happened like 1 year ago?
Lurk more, newfag.
>>
>>559640
>1 year ago

That was in 2014, and even then I don't see how the two relate in a way that mentioning the site is such a taboo topic.
>>
>>559640
>>559641
What happened?
>>
>>559643
/v/ harassed some bitch doing a kickstarter to show how sexist video games are.
/v/ gave her enough material to turn her floundering $5k kickstarter into a $150k monstrosity
/v/ being /v/, kept beating a dead horse long after it stopped being funny. they created 'gamer gate' as an attack strategy since their usual death and rape threats were being used against them. eventually everything related to anita sarkeesian and gamergate was banned on 4chan and a bunch of people on /v/ migrated to 8c and came back a few days later.
now people talk about 8c as if it's still relevant.

desu they fucked up when they decided to do gamergate. even i thought it was pathetic to get into a protracted pr war.
>>
>>559648
Ah. I knew about the gamer gate shit but didn't know that's exactly how it started.

I also did some reading on 8ch's wikipedia page and apparently they sold out to 2channel that same year.
>>
>>559648
>harassed
Hey I don't remember harrassing no one
>>
>>559638
Does trigger now mean "Make fun of the terrible mismanagement" now?
>>
>>559648
>There are still people in 4chan that fell for the "Gamergate is a hate group" meme
>>
The users kept smugly advertising it as a better alternative and posting claims that they're never coming back here *on 4chan*.
If they had just fucked off and stayed fucked off, nobody would care, but they kept coming back and being annoying.
>>
File: 1425563176203.jpg (171 KB, 1107x467) Image search: [Google]
1425563176203.jpg
171 KB, 1107x467
>>559638
Hotwheels took advantage of moot's period of unfunny cuckoldry to shill his site all over 4chan, with the selling point being "you won't get banned for silly pointless shitposts because muh freedom of speech."

Unfortunately it was only after people went over their to continue GG threads did they discover that the site had an even worse interface than 4chan and site traffic was at the speed of paint drying.

Personally I still go their for their lolcows board
>>
>>559681
The fuck is going on with his arms?
>>
>>559648
>/v/ harassed
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>559681
Didn't we already do this song and dance with 7chan?
>>
>>559638

It only triggers /v/.
Anything that reminds them of GG gets them mad.
>>
>>559682

Boneitis
>>
>>559727
His only regret is that he has boneitis
>>
>>559706
>>559662
>>559650
Hello 8gag
>>
>>559638
It's what 4chan used to be.

Imagine it like being a forty year old man with a wife and kids and mortgage and shitty job and a boss who shits on you every day and an ever growing beer gut and your hair falling out, and you see this young dude who's got abs, is good looking, no responsibilities, the world ahead of him, a new girl whenever he wants. You're gonna resent that dude because he's reminding you of what you've lost.
>>
>>559757
Only people cared about 4chan.
>>
>>559706
/v/ isn't a single entity. The people who weren't 'harassing' were /v/ermin and people taking the piss out your dumbasses and making the entire thing into a fun gag were /v/irgins. Congrats! /v/ fucking 'harassed' people in GG and your shitty cancerous activist movement was filled with lots of harassers!
>>
>>559648
>>559739
>>559793
>>>/tumblr/
\
>>
>>559681

/cow/ is a pretty good board, but like the rest of cripplechan, it's slow as fuck.
>>
>>559822
Those Nick Bate threads were gold
>>
>>559638
Look who owns it.
>>
>>559757
From my perspective, 8ch's more like if you extract the worst users on 4chan and give them their own chan to do their activities.

Though at least 8ch tried to do something different (user created boards) rather than just being some other chan where the admins/mods have full control over everything.
>>
>there are faggots on /v/ that accuse others of being from cripplechan without the latter actually immersing that site
>>
>>559638
4chan has feminists now.
>>
>>559640
>>559648
>1 year ago
>/v/ harassed some bitch
Hello newfag!
>>
>>>/v/340788903
Kill yourself
>>
>>559681
>"4chan is dying"
>"moot is a cuck and so are you"
>moot is selling 4chan to hiro?! HAHAHAHAHA"
>"hiro is gonna sell all your data ip shit to the government for quick cash!"
>"faggot"

yeah i remember those days

we ended up getting new boards and the only real negative thing to happen was some malware that you can get rid of with ad block

mean while in cripplechan, hotwheels stopped giving a fuck about cripplechan. His developer was a massive fuck up and bailed on him and now Jim is pretty much doing whatever he wants with the site
And the board is still slow as fuck
>>
>>559707
Yes but scant few are left that remember that, anon. I wish we were still in the (simpler) days of harassing gaiafags and yelling about moving to 7chan
>>
>>559845
I forgot that we are in 2016. In my mind, we were still in 2015.
Also, I'm not the second quoted.
>>
>>559914
>>"4chan is dying"

Well they weren't completely wrong.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.