[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what did you all think of moot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: MG_5864.jpg (139 KB, 660x528) Image search: [Google]
MG_5864.jpg
139 KB, 660x528
So, what did you all think of moot?
>>
;_;7
>>
>>558504
He was cool until GG and the fappening happened. After he nuked /pol/ for a week and got an SJW gawker gf, he just left. it feels bad desu, but hiroyuki is nice
>>
File: 555.gif (188 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
555.gif
188 KB, 500x334
[spoiler]>>558504
early bloomer[/spoiler]
>>
Better than Hiro, because at least moot was involved, for better or worse.
>>
>>558504
Didn't think he would last as long as he did.
Once a goon always a goon.
>>
>>558512
>or worse
Worse.
He is to blame for the current state of moderation; that was the culture he cultivated for years.
>>
File: robot-images-11.png (87 KB, 678x800) Image search: [Google]
robot-images-11.png
87 KB, 678x800
Googmoot Bot is scouring this thread for personal information.
Please stand by.
>>
He was a real cool dude.
>>
>>558504
I honestly and wholeheartedly wish him well.
>>
>>558504
I will resent him forever for hanging my favorite board out to dry, but he was a pretty okay guy.
>>
File: 1465615348702.png (27 KB, 1805x181) Image search: [Google]
1465615348702.png
27 KB, 1805x181
I want to know where this post came from
>>
>>558504
Only good enough to carry my bags.
>>
>>558516
Why did you lie to the captcha, Mr Roboto?
>>
>>558504
He was a cuck.
>>
Classic case of "die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
>>
>>558794
It's fake. Someone shopped in moot where manager should be.

Jewgle would never let Moot post here now that he's working with them.
>>
>>558794
It's Bob.
>>
Was a shit admin making one horrible decision after the next.

Good riddance.
>>
>>558508
GG was just Chanology 2.0. He was right to ban it. Now if only Nishimura-san was more familiar with what e-activism does to 4chan, he'd ban the alt right (Chanology 3.0) on the spot.
>>
>>558794
>not knowing how to do very basic searching on the archives.
It's your lucky day, here's your spoonfeeding:
>>>/int/60632392
>>
>>558504

who?

>>558854

go home to your tumblr shithole, faggot
>>
Cool guy.
>>
>>558509
this meme is irrelevant now.
>>
File: 1221706961185.jpg (547 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1221706961185.jpg
547 KB, 500x476
>>558504
I like moot. He wasn't very public about his life but from his q&a's and panels that he did at cons I found him quite likable. He also never really stopped caring about the website regardless of retiring, he kept up with us for 11 years with little to no site revenue.
>>
>>558504
He was a fag, but he was our fag.
RIP moot.
>>
>>558504
i miss him ;_;7
>>
File: joot.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
joot.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>>558504
Fuck him, I'm glad he's dead. Ishimura has been a way better master so far.
>>
>>559258
hello 8gag.
>>
Personally, he seemed chill. Never met him, obviously, so I can't say either way. I agree with his statement that you have to be very level-headed to deal with all the nonsense that occurs on this site.

As for his management; he himself admitted to making several critical mistakes over the years (see his final Q&A). Most importantly he didn't communicate with his mods and jans much except to berate them for perceived mistakes.

His handling of crises seemed reasonable; people criticizing him at the time didn't have the legal responsibilities of potentially having 4chan shut down. Even if people felt he was too paranoid and censorious, it was better to be too cautious.

I never once doubted his passion for the site, we're lucky he didn't burn out years earlier and pulled the plug on the site altogether. (Not saying he "burned out", but you know what I mean.)
>>
File: fall of moot.png (72 KB, 872x651) Image search: [Google]
fall of moot.png
72 KB, 872x651
>>558504
He was cool until 2010. That's when he started going downhill with failed business ventures and increasingly longer times away from the site.

I bet he has no incentive to return and that would be just fine considering how fuckawful he made this place in 2014
>>
File: CUCKED.gif (604 KB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
CUCKED.gif
604 KB, 800x352
>>558794
It's fake.
>>
File: gay.png (55 KB, 1426x405) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
55 KB, 1426x405
>>560414
>>
he was decent, yeah.
>>
I like this guy, he looks legit.
>>
I bet he banged Taylor Swift once.
>>
>>558504
Well, maybe I'm just too fucking new, but I never really understood why was he worshiped this much on an internet forum that supposedly valued anonymity.
>>
>>561602
Yeah, you're right.
You are just new.
>>
>>558877
This might be illrevenant next year my friend
>nice straight dubs
>>
>>558504
He ran this site into the ground and I'm glad he's gone. I hope we can one day be free of his post/deletion timers and his shitty blue board concept.
>>
>>558504
miss him horribly every day
>>
Bring back moot
He made a lot of mistakes, but his heart was always in the right place. This place has no caretaker now.
>>
>>558504
I still want to thank him.
>>
>>558504
Liked him alot better than gookmoot who speaks engrish like an autistic fortune cookie
>>
>>562050
Care to elaborate this obvious discrepancy regarding his persona worship in a place that absolutely loathes identifiers or are you gonna just spout passive-aggressive bullshit at me?
>>
>>560225
You weren't supposed to come back, remember? Return to your hole and take your creatively-bankrupt "red anonymous" with you.
>>
>>562209
>in a place that absolutely loathes identifiers
I think that's probably what you got wrong, though I wasn't around for the early days so I can't say this for certain.
>>
File: moot baker.jpg (526 KB, 821x1351) Image search: [Google]
moot baker.jpg
526 KB, 821x1351
>>562209
Instead of lurking and learning things on your own you make bullshit declarations and put the onus on others to correct it. This is /qa/ so I'll be nice, but you don't deserve this response.

Early 4chan was full of names (and eventually trips) and was never meant to be the steroid hacker legion that you make it out to be. Eventually cultures change and trips were only to be used when identification was relevant to the thread, but there is no rule against using names or trips as one desires.
moot earned appreciation because not only did he create and maintain 4chan, but he did it despite many roadblocks thrown at him that would have lead most to close the site for good just to avoid the frustrations. moot kept it up and running even if it was a struggle, although obviously he had help along the way. He was a strong proponent for freedom of expression and the value of anonymity and routinely gave talks in public to defend what the rest of world saw as a cesspool of subhuman degenerates out to destroy civilization. Even when the combination of GG and the Fappening crushed him, he did not close the site but kept it running long enough to pass the torch.

People show appreciation towards those who create or enable the things they enjoy, especially when it's a community that fills the person with a sense of belonging or purpose. If you cannot understand this then you still have some growing up to do.

That being said, I am distrustful of Google moot and stopped following his blog.
>>
>>562232
See, this is what I was looking for.

Thank you for the clarification.

>because not only did he create and maintain 4chan, but he did it despite many roadblocks thrown at him that would have lead most to close the site for good just to avoid the frustrations. moot kept it up and running even if it was a struggle

Once the concept of imageboards became familiar to the west, surely someone would be bound to restart it, I mean, multitudes of clones of this site did emerge and still exist, you're making it sound like if 4chan closed down for good the idea of anonymous english speaking imageboards would be lost. Wouldn't people just migrate to other sites?
>>
File: 1459460145620.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459460145620.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>558854
>the alt right

O NOES! Teh scary alt-right!!!1!!1
Whoever coined that phrase really needs a fucking Nobel prize, because it outs everyone who uses it as a complete fucking faggot.
>>
>>562238
After much-needed sleep I want to apologize for my rude and condescending tone.
The internet and its websites can be a very fragile thing, which is something many people newer to it can't fully understand.
It's true that 4chan had inspired other imageboards, but at the same time 4chan became a symbol and flagship of the concept. 4chan also holds the banner of the older, less commercial and less mainstream internet where ideas and words hold precedence over identity and banality.
>If 4chan can't survive, does this mean it's time to accept the inevitable and join facebook?
The internet has changed and most people congregate on a handful of invincible websites instead of browsing and exploring thousands of ephemeral personal sites so this phenomenon feels alien today, but things were rough in the beginning.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.