[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of Reddit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1465438144233.png (690 KB, 850x464) Image search: [Google]
1465438144233.png
690 KB, 850x464
A ton of my friends have constantly shat on the fact I browse 4chan, thinking that i'm deprived in some way.

Maybe I don't doubt them, but I don't like how they praise reddit so much. I don't like the layout of the site, along with other facts.

Should I trust them on this? I don't want to become cancer, but I don't want to be that creepy person.
>>
File: aaaaahh.gif (412 KB, 500x202) Image search: [Google]
aaaaahh.gif
412 KB, 500x202
>>558021
reddit is seen as a decent social website where people can have civil discussions

4chan is seen as the racist, pedo, shit website where shitty people go to be shitty
they aren't wrong about this place though

also
>letting your friends know you browse 4chan
>>
>>558021
>deprived
Sounds like you're not smart enough for either site, really.

Frankly, none of us care. This isn't the place for you to ask how to impress your friends. >>>/adv/
>>
>>558030
This is what Redditors actually believe

Your welcome to go back there anytime you want
>>
>>558034
>"lol g-go back to r-reddit, we're not as bad as people say w-we are!"

yikes anon, i just said what people think of both these websites, no need to get mad k kiddo?
>>
I recently started going there sometimes because I discovered their jojo & berserk threads are better. Generally theyre more pleb tho so its a tradeoff, theyve never had a VOTOMS thread go over 20 posts!
Otherwise I havent explored reddit much or made an account because the karma system is the worst idea ever
>>
>>558034
Thats because its true you faggot cuck jew.
>>
File: 1461087749984.jpg (29 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1461087749984.jpg
29 KB, 400x396
>>558047
>Thats because its true
Oh boy.
>>
>>558021
you are posting in /qa/, you are already to far gone
>>
>>558051
But that's the point
>>
>>558021
>A ton of my friends have constantly shat on the fact I browse 4chan
Why do you have a "ton" of friends?
Why do they know you post here?
Why did you tell them? Do you feel like a rebel?
Why do you think I should care about your friends?
Why should I care about your life at all?

To me it sounds like reddit would be a good fit for you, and I don't mean that in a mean way.
>>
>>558034
It's hilarious to me how people can only tell others to "go back", because they know they can't force anyone to do anything. This site has so many people who try to boss others around and yet utterly fail to change anything.

Guess what? I am from Reddit. And I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to "ruin" the fuck out of your site and there's nothing you can do about it. Suffer like the bitch you are.
>>
>>558050
Good rebuttal. Guess youre upset from getting told, huh? Hurt your little feelings? Hot tears of pure impotence welling up in your eyes? Poor baby. Out of your league and too stupid to know it. They should make a /kiddiepool/ board for little girls like you.
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 852x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 852x1280
You don't have to choose either 4chan or reddit. You can browse both.
>>
>>558021
>What's the appeal of Reddit?
Feeling more important than you really are. That's it.
No point in arguing with your friends though, you can't reason with people who won't even be honest with themselves. They all actually believe that karma is just a "side game" that has no effect on the posts being made because that's literally the best reason they can give for why it exists. (even though it's pretty obvious what the real reason is when you think about it)

>>558030
>civil discussions
civil maybe. But discussion?
When was the last time you held a discussion with someone in which each person only spouted off their opinions and replies to each other in order of most to least popular?
>>
>>558021
>What's the appeal of Reddit?
Huge famous website for people do discuss shitloads of different things.
>Maybe I don't doubt them, but I don't like how they praise reddit so much
You don't like how humans talk about the things they emotionally attach themselves to?
>>
I bet they are hipster bernouts too. It's just tribalism.
>>
>>558078
I want to be hardcore like you when I grow up
>>
>>558030
>reddit
>discussion
Is there seriously people that believe this? What 'discussions'? There is nothing you can discuss on the site, the website denies you this very right. The entire thing is built around fucking popular opinions and circlejerking. Even a heated argument of a pissing contest on /b/ is more engaging than anything you'll get on reddit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.