[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder /co/ mod is the worst mod on the entire site
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: ban length.png (186 KB, 1569x587) Image search: [Google]
ban length.png
186 KB, 1569x587
Daily reminder /co/ mod is the worst mod on the entire site
>>
>>558016
>>
>>558016
/co/ is unironically terrible in terms of moderation
>>
>>558016
well yes it's undeniably true that /co/ mods are some of the worst mods on this site but what you posted had almost nothing to do with cartoons and comics and reeks of /pol/-bait
>>
>Shitposted and was completely off topic. Got into an argument with someone for for shit I don't even remember over nothing. Ranted, called everyone fags, cucks, etc. Everything I said looked like obvious bait.
>Half the posts got deleted.
>Got blocked for a few minutes by a Janitor.
>Got issued a warning from a Mod. All for more than one post I might add.

The place is unpredictable. Sometimes you will get permabanned for saying something similar to OP or you get off with a warning for something worse than OP's.
>>
File: 1442791756062.png (69 KB, 444x431) Image search: [Google]
1442791756062.png
69 KB, 444x431
Is this a Shit Moderators Do thread?

>>>/tg/47650990
Or to post the archive version if you don't have an addon to display deleted posts,
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47650990

Out of the 297 posts in the thread, the mod deleted 281 posts and seemed to ban everyone that contributed to the off-topic discussion since I got banned and only made a couple posts. It's like he manually went through every post to check if they were on-topic and deleted every post that wasn't 100% on-topic, even if it slightly veered.

The thing I don't get is why they didn't just 404 the thread, it's not like it's going to survive after that shit.
>>
>>558024
It was a reply to this pic >>558017
So it was a post with an image of a comic replying to a panel from another comics someone else posted.

How is replying to a comic off topic?
>>
>>558046
still, that comment you made towards it is gonna causes the thread to go past bump limit and image limit, having a pointless "heated" internet fist fight about women's suffrage, where everyone is arguing with no one
>>
>>558065
Anon, no one on 4chan thinks women's suffrage was a good idea.
>>
>>558074
i'm not saying that, i'm saying that someone is gonna claim it's /pol/ bait and proceed to shit up the thread and it won't die for 3 days
>>
>>558016
That banned poster as shown in the pic was also accused of being a /tv/ crossboarder.
>>
>>558016
I've gotten this too where they lie on the public bans page about how long it is. the mods are asshats
>>
post cartoons you only liked for the waifus :)
>>
File: REEEEE.jpg (80 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE.jpg
80 KB, 480x480
>>558016
>say waifu threads should belong on /aco/
>get banned for 9 days

Can we dox this guy already? He's literally making me want to commit felony assault
>>
>>558309
Hahahaha. That's a bit harsh, but funny nonetheless.
>>
>>558016
Is anyone honestly surprised that a normalfag board would have cancerous moderation?
>>
>>558065
So fucking what?
Are you trying to say that provoking conversation on a discussion board is a bad thing?

Is there anyone left on 4chan who actually understands the point of a discussion board?
>>
>>558044
The /tg/ mod is literally a fucking retard.

They have a FUCKING STICKY that says "Quest threads go on /qst/" but do NOTHING about the six fucking Quest Threads on the front page, but delete posts that mention Drow in Wood Elf threads (as an example not literally).
>>
>>558258
Yea, got a 3 day global ban and was super funny. It was basically a mixture of Jubilee being seduced by Scott and Jean along with full Metal Jacket quotes as and reference to the fact that Lana is Vietnamese
>>
>>558016

Tell Raccoon girl what? Your sentence was cut off.
>>
>>558017
But that's Iceman and Marvel Girl.
>>
>>558346
complaining about woman's suffrage has nothing to do with cartoons
>inb4 but iceman mentioned about women voting
so fucking what? his comment more than likely didn't have anything to do with actual woman's suffrage and more about the current thing the characters were doing
>>
File: MTG players and futurism.png (234 KB, 1308x2390) Image search: [Google]
MTG players and futurism.png
234 KB, 1308x2390
>>558044
Just to compare, a technically similar situation from 3 years ago.
>>
>>558461
Silver Surfer literally says it was the biggest goof.
>>
>>558469
to whatever was happening in the comic

also even if it wasn't do to what was happening in the comic and was actually happening in the real world, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously
>>
>>558471
Silver Surfer doesn't joke anon
>>
>>558438
Thats the joke.
>>
>>558397

I got warned for telling a namefag quest thread starter who flat out stated they hadn't been around for a while that there was a /qst/ board now
>>
>>558024
>but what you posted had almost nothing to do with cartoons and comics and reeks of /pol/-bait
It was very obvious he was replying to someone in the fucking thread. He got banned for posting an opinion and getting banned for offtopic is fucking stupid in the first place if it isn't forced. Calling it /pol/-bait is stupid as well, since the board isn't a fucking containment board.

4chan is organic discussion, not fucking forced STAY ON TOPIC DON'T DEVIATE FROM IT 'discussion'.
>>
>>558652
u should have been banned
>>
>>558019
They're really bad and every day you're basically walking a minefield as to whether your post or thread is going to trigger one of the feminists that acts as a mod or janitor. Is Nigwood still a mod or is it some other tumblrcunt now?
>>
>>558710

redwood hasn't been a mod for years
>>
>banned for off topic shitposting

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. OP is a faggot
>>
>>558309
One time a mod on /aco/ banned me for a post I made a week ago, the post was up for a whole week, A WHOLE WEEK!
>>
>>558661
Especially because the daily tatu threads don't get banned for off topic on /co/
>>
File: cant handle the bantz.png (368 KB, 1067x575) Image search: [Google]
cant handle the bantz.png
368 KB, 1067x575
>no banter allowed

It's like they want to be universally hated
>>
>two obviously /tv/ threads on /co/ (these are Unbreakable and Hancock)
>>
good you are a dumbfuck anyway.
>>
>>558016
Please, give us one of your 8 armed 3 headed mods.
-/mlp/
>>
>>559848
Do you guys even have mods?
>>
>>560274
If we do, they only choose to do their jobs on whims and are very selective about which rules they choose to enforce.
>>
>>560281
>they only choose to do their jobs on whims and are very selective about which rules they choose to enforce
That sounds like every board.
>>
OP deserves a ban sure but off topic shit is like a one day ban, not 30 days like he got.

Why are people sucking so much mod cock in here?
>>
>>560863
>not 30 days like he got.
What if this wasn't his 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd offense? What if he has been doing it for 3 weeks straight? People deserve harsher punishments if they have been doing it for a long time.
>>
And Gotham threads are still forbidden. I rcently advised the fans to continue discussions in desu.
>>
>>560865
What if OP is really a dog posting on the internet?

Speculation is nice and all but theres no evidence that this is anything other than his first time.
And spam usually gets you a 3 day ban unless the mods deem it commercial spam which is usually 3 weeks.

Now i get that posting is a privilege, not a right. Staff can ban you for any reason for any amount of time. Just don't try to sell me the bullshit that the mods are all knowing powerful beings who can do no wrong.
>>
>>560969
>Just don't try to sell me the bullshit that the mods are all knowing powerful beings who can do no wrong
I've seen enough posts and threads go undeleted to know the mods aren't infallible.
>>
>>560281
So basically the same as every single board, except /h/ maybe.
I just don't get how and why mods do what they do. They'll ban some guy for 3 days when he organically went offtopic and leave 10 >tfw no gf threads to rot there all day.
>>
>>558016
Why does it matter? It takes less than 10 seconds to dodge an IP ban.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.