[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can Generals be banned please they're fucking ruining /int/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1465386418401.jpg (183 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1465386418401.jpg
183 KB, 800x600
Can Generals be banned please they're fucking ruining /int/
>>
They won, anon. Lick your wounds and go elsewhere. I used to struggle against it, too, but it wasn't good for my mind.
>>
>>557915
This.

There are too many fucking generals on /int/ and recently more people are again making new threads before the old threads autosage, resulting in both threads being bumped.
>>
File: 36.gif (755 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
36.gif
755 KB, 500x250
>44 generals in the catalog at once
Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
/intg/ when?
>>
File: int.jpg (121 KB, 858x553) Image search: [Google]
int.jpg
121 KB, 858x553
>>557915
This! They are just autistic circlejerk chatrooms. They contribute nothing to this board. Even worse they get bumped all the time because they are chatrooms, resulting in other threads die early. Just take a look at the archive. Only generals reach autosag, other threads die after a couple of posts.
>>
I don't even understand this shit. There's plenty of chatrooms that support that mode of eternal discussion. And yet people desperately try to adapt an imageboard to it.
>>
>>557988
textboards would be great desu
>>
/int/ is just a shit board in general
>>
>>557915
Mods are fucking useless, nothing new.
Just report everything as illegal. It works, but it also gets you banned.
>>
>>557955
They should fuck off and make an IRC if they want to talk to each other.
>>
>>558082
that just makes things worse though

See /gsg/ or literally any general with an IRC channel.
Eventually they split and IRC becomes a raiding platform with their own set of cancerous users.
>>
>>558006
It really is.
50% of it is generals, 40% shitposting, 10% actual threads.

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>558231
Put a tighter leash on the Aussies

People like to lap up whatever an Aussie shits out
>>
>>557925
>>557955
>This
Get out Reddit
>>
I've stopped going to /int/. The board is pretty much dead outside the generals.
>>
>>558255
it's not dead, but outside of generals it's just SFW /pol/
>>
>>557915
I wouldn't mind seeing /intg/
>>
>>558304
I'd rather see a no generals rule and mass banning, but barring that, I'll settle for /intg/. Anything to get the board back.
>>
>>558305
> Anything to get the board back.

lol yeah because endless easter spam/"banter" and bullying threads are so great.

Generals are fine, I've even seen moderators remind posters at /brit/ to make a new thread when the thread reaches page 9 instead of making a new one every 300 posts. (this was in around 2013 and desustorage doesn't archive that far back)

I've also seen instances a few years back where moderators specifically told people on /b/ to make their country general threads on /int/.

My only gripe with generals are the cancerous amalgamated threads like "balt+ausnz". They makes no sense and shouldn't be there because they don't allow any unique discussions of culture or language. In fact I believe that only foreign generals should be allowed on the board like /fr/, /nederdraad/, Japanese threads etc. All English speaking generals like /cum/,/balk/,/balt+ausnz/ should be banned from board. Those generals are actually a fairly new thing. I remember back in 2013 there were only language generals beside /brit/.

tl;dr ban English-speaking generals besides brit, they don't add anything new to the board.
>>
>>558237
how fucking new are you?
"this" has been said on the internet since before 4chan even existed.
reminder that you are part of the problem every board has with shitposting
>>
>>558316
>lol yeah because endless easter spam/"banter" and bullying threads are so great.
And where did I say it is? Being against X doesn't imply that you approve of Y. Both shitposting and generals should die in a fire.
>Generals are fine, I've even seen moderators remind posters at /brit/ to make a new thread when the thread reaches page 9 instead of making a new one every 300 posts
Exactly, you chatbox niggers insist on turning an imageboard into IRC and keep shitting out your garbage threads all over the place. Then you argue about editions, "no go post in mine not his" and end up bumping 2 or 3 threads for an hour.
>unique discussions of culture or language
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Yes, there's such a discussion of culture and language when you're all from one country and spam memes and narrate today's events in your shitty life. Even regional generals like /lat/ are just CHICANO UNA VELA EL VINO ME PEGO XDDDDDD

Fuck of to forums or chatrooms, imageboards aren't designed for your eternal threads.
>>
>>558329
> imageboards aren't designed for your eternal threads.

What is /vg/ then?

Generals are in integral part of the board since they provide a platform for anons to immerse themselves in while learning languages. A chance to have a chat with the natives. The main point of the board is to learn languages as indicated by the sticky and rules. /int/ is a special board because it has rooms for generals and cultural discussions outside of it.

>Yes, there's such a discussion of culture and language when you're all from one country and spam memes and narrate today's events in your shitty life. Even regional generals like /lat/ are just CHICANO UNA VELA EL VINO ME PEGO XDDDDDD

Like you said, shitposting shouldn't be allowed. That doesn't dismiss the fact that generals have a purpose on the board.

Stop being such a spaz and just filter them if you don't like it.
>>
>>558341
>What is /vg/ then?
A direct results of exactly what I'm talking about? You clearly weren't there for the split. People were so fed up with LoL and cripplefucker chatrooms cluttering up /v/ that they begged moot until he caved in and created a containment zone.
>Generals are in integral part of the board since they provide a platform for anons to immerse themselves in while learning languages. A chance to have a chat with the natives
Give me a break. Fucking natives are everywhere on the board, you don't need a dedicated zoo exhibit with them. Generals are utterly worthless for language learning through immersion since they all speak their own shitty vernaculars full of localized 4chan expressions in broken grammar. Any attempt to ask a language-related question will get you meme'd to death by all the shitposters who congregate there.
>and just filter them if you don't like it
I can't filter you shits constantly pushing threads off the board with your "/country/ - rate my dick edition xD" crap times 50.
>>
File: 1464239227745.png (73 KB, 1537x397) Image search: [Google]
1464239227745.png
73 KB, 1537x397
>>558304
Fuck off, giving a home to cancer isn't what you do, you ban it. /vg/ was moots worst mistake and it is the reason why every other board is now swimming in fucking generals.

>>558316
>Generals are fine
Except the part were they go against fucking 4chan itself and concept wise just simply don't belong here. They are cancerous by concept, not due to users.

>>558341
>Generals are in integral part of the board since they provide a platform for anons to immerse themselves in while learning languages.
Fuck off retard. The board is /int/, you are going to intergrate and interact with fucking everyone everywhere. The generals do nothing but make little hugboxes for certain people while cutting them off from everyone else. You are doing the direct opposite of making people interact with each other.

Generals are literally the construction of anti-social fucks who don't understand how to fucking interact with other people. Generals serve no purpose other than to turn 4chan from an anon image board into a glorified fucking forum chatroom. They have no place here.
>>
generals should be banned everywhere except /vg/.
>>
>>557915
But /int/ is a pointless board. It only exists so people can talk about their countries, therefore allowing generals about each country is the only way to make the board useful.
>>
>>558698
People are supposed to talk about their countries in an /int/ernational environment, not with their own countrymen. Generals about each country go against the very idea of the board.
>>
>>558670
>>558368
you can whine all you want; they're not being deleted or moved.
>>
>>558804
Nobody wants to be memed to death because of their flag. It's only natural that people congregate in generals.
>>
>>558836
Then maybe they should stop being fucking little bitches and grow thicker skin.
>>
>>558234
Eh I'd agree in the past but canadians have been producing a lot of r9k tier posts and then people have thought it's funny so they make more basically turning /int/ into r9k 2.0
>>
>>558829
not an argument
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.