[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there no moderation on /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: rari.png (232 KB, 373x502) Image search: [Google]
rari.png
232 KB, 373x502
/pol/ has rules one of them being:

>Off-topic and /b/-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist)

This never happens. Right now there are several off-topic and /b/-tier threads there, just like it has been every hour every day for the past few years.

Examples:
>>>/pol/76617488
>>>/pol/76620237
>>>/pol/76620249
>>>/pol/76620206

It's always the same spam threads as well and they could very well be filtered out by an automated script. It could detect country bait threads, racemixing encouragement (coloured woman spam), BTFO baiting, and when there are duplicate threads.

Please fix this.
>>
>>557483
mods are global, however they are users like everyone else and have their preferences of home board. /pol/ is one of those boards that doesn't have a mod who browses it regularly. What this means is that when the janitorial queue gets full of reports from /pol/ that a mod has to stop what they were doing on their home board and come to /pol/ to dispense banhammer justice. You never know which mods will respond to the overflowing janitorial queue: could be Troid from /a/ who is strict authoritarian or it could be swaglord who is relatively lenient comparatively but will spout endless [s4s] memes. There are something like 21-24 mods and its anybody's guess what schedules they are on.
>>
im still waiting for my janitor acceptance for pol
>>
>>557495
So if that is the case there is a serious need to implement a script to help ease the workload.

Because there is a clear pattern to the threads being posted, an automated anti-spam measurement will be easy to create.

How this will work is when it runs it checks images, keywords, sentences and overall structuring and compare it with previous threads that have been manually reported. Then it will start to "learn" what threads to delete and do it quickly. There will be no need for moderation unless it runs wild.
>>
>>557498
I don't think 4chan accepts janitors for /pol/.

I don't know why but it's probably something to do with the lack of moderation there, and that it seems more like that place is being used to push agendas like racemixing, guilt and mass-immigration into white countries.
>>
/pol/ is a containment board, of course there's trash there.
>>
It happens a lot if you check the banlist regularly. Just not to the majority of offenders. After all, you can't cure a fundamentally sick board with bandaids.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.