[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people get so upset about people using the name option?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 378.png (140 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
378.png
140 KB, 200x192
Why do people get so upset about people using the name option?
And why do they act like IDs are the worst thing to ever happen?
>>
They think IDs are somehow persistent. Like, as opposed to be a RNG blob of text, it's a thing.

And namefield-posters are just setting themselves up for being ignored. Either outright or through filtering. I don't know. People think that people think their posts are going to be so good that others will want to keep track of them?

Also, I have a script that just outright removes names and tripcodes. It's really nice.
>>
Autism. They don't understand tripcodes are mere tools and IDs have been a thing since forever.
>>
Best part is, we're actually going to have IDs implemented on all boards soon, and they won't be able to do anything about it.
>>
File: BLuNzpq[1].jpg (589 KB, 1453x1150) Image search: [Google]
BLuNzpq[1].jpg
589 KB, 1453x1150
>>557241
Because of attention-whoring faggots like pic related.

Proper etiquette is to only use a name or a trip within a single thread and only if it's relevant to the discussion.
>>
IDs are not anonymous. ID supports claim that you're still anonymous because posters in a second thread wouldn't know who you were in the first thread. However, these morons ignore the fact that you're known within the context of the first thread, meaning someone can read your past posts, judge you based on them, and ignore the merits of subsequent posts within that thread. Very few people (usually trolls) post only once in a thread with no intent of further discussion, so IDs effectively make all discussion non anonymous since you can't post outside of the thread structure.

The point of anonymity is to force users to read and consider all viewpoints equally. On traditional forums with usernames, people are judged based on avatars, post count, join date, player statistics, and so forth that have nothing to do with the quality of post.

For instance, suppose I was the OP. If we had IDs, you would know I am the OP. You would then assume the OP is a troll, false flagging on both sides to get replies. This would probably influence you to ignore both his posts, even though this post is absolutely correct. This process is highly political. IDs fundamentally poison the well. Once an idea is unpopular enough to support, nobody will consider it no matter how valid it is. Anonymity destroys all ability to prejudge. You can still try to prejudge, but you'll have to live knowing you could be wrong in your judgment since no other information has been provided.

tl;dr google Moot TED
>>
>>557323
>samefagging and false flagging are good things!
Ok
>>
>>557285
God, is this real? Who is this disgusting whale, exactly? Also, Trips are supposed to be used by continuous OC producers, like QMs, over many threads, too.
>>557323
>You would then assume the OP is a troll
Why? Because he then contradicted his post? Or I would just do so because OP had an ID?
>>
>>557333
Yes, there is nothing wrong with either of those things. Welcome to the fucking 4chan experience. They aren't as common as people think and the only thing ID's will prove is that people next to never samefag. Even when people are samefagging, who the fuck cares? The vast majority are incredibly obvious and the ones that aren't probably ip jump anyway.

I swear most people who complain about inane shit like people saging or samefagging are new as fuck.
>>
>>557247
Disease has been a thing forever as well, doesn't mean we have to like it.
>>
>>557339
>Trips are supposed to be used by continuous OC producers, like QMs, over many threads, too.
They fucking aren't.
>>
Shit.
>>
>>557375
If they weren't, why don't tripcodes depend upon thread?
Why is #trip that same in more than one single thread?
>>
File: samefagging.png (42 KB, 575x581) Image search: [Google]
samefagging.png
42 KB, 575x581
>>557333
ids do not prevent samefagging or falseflagging
>>
>>557375
Yes they are, it's a community standard.
>>
>>557382
They make it harder, which is good enough to stop non-autists.
>>
>>557388
the posters who would get caught samefagging with ids are the ones you wouldn't need ids to know they're samefagging.
>>
>>557388
>They make it harder,
No it doesn't, it's fucking easy to bypass. Non-autists and autists alike will dodge it easily, like they always did in the past. The only people who won't are newfags, that's it. Samefags aren't even a problem in the first place and most people who complain about them are autists.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.