[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are quest threads still allowed on /tg/? I was excited to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: me the skull.jpg (10 KB, 300x317) Image search: [Google]
me the skull.jpg
10 KB, 300x317
Are quest threads still allowed on /tg/?

I was excited to see that /qst/ was opened as I never cared about them and they occupied a lot of space on the board. Now there continue to be new quest threads starting on /tg/ all the time, even though /qst/ is over a month old. Why?
>>
Exactly how many archived/deleted threads on /qa/ and /tg/ have you not been paying attention to?
>>
If quests aren't getting deleted from /tg/ it's because you haven't been reporting them.
>>
>>557101
>occupied a lot of space on the board.
Empirically false, but please, continue that tired excuse.

For the rest of your question, because qst is garbage and there are no players there. Quests are tg themed, and attract tg posters to play and enjoy them. It would make no sense for them to run in a place that has no players that enjoy the kind of quest they want to make.

The only quests that moved to or have started on qst for the most part are quests that were either from a non-tg board to begin with, or are otherwise not really tg themed, such as short and silly draw quests, shitty anime quests about waifu bait, and other such garbage. It's actually attracted some people from off site, such as tgchan, all of which don't get much interest from tg posters.
>>
>>557176
Funny, because the only quests on /tg/ right now are stupid anime bullshit.

Went on /tg/ to prove this and the very first thread is Dragonball Quest. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>557183
It started on tg and is quite a few threads in, last I checked, so yea, it's usually a good idea to not split your archives.

Now look at the threads on qst compared to the ones on tg, especially the ones that moved, which were almost unanimously quests that started off of tg, or are run by QMs that started on a board other than tg.
>>
>>557110

I searched the catalog and I don't frequent /qa/. Never seen a /tg/ thread about this.

>>557176

Wouldn't players start going to /qst/ if the board was actually enforced? Is the board only garbage because quest posters refuse to go there for some reason? Is this another "tired excuse??"
>>
>>557176

Four of the threads on the front page are quests when I was just over there, by the way. I'm not sure where the "empirically false" ("but please... kid") attitude is coming from.
>>
>>557236
>Wouldn't players start going to /qst/ if the board was actually enforced?

Not likely, and certainly not all of them. Quest players are by and large tg posters. Those that did move typically found their players cut in half on average. The board is garbage because there is no way to gain new players or attract people that are not already a part of the quest community. Since most players are only involved in a few similar quests and are otherwise just regular tg posters, you end up with only the hardcore QTG crazies, and even then, not all of them.

>>557238
>Four threads
>Occupied a lot of space on the board

You either can't read or can't count. Not sure which is your issue.
>>
>>557242

Four threads out of thirteen on the front page is a pretty substantial figure, considering the breadth of topics the board is intended for...

How long did they actually enforce keeping quests in qst?

Really I would just like to see communication from the mods about whether or not /qst/ is going to stay. I personally am not interested in quest threads but don't care too much if they end up back on /tg/ officially. They just seem to have been in a weird limbo for a while now.
>>
>>557245
That is 4 out of an entire board. You need to do some serious double think to tell me that's a lot.

And they never enforced it. They gave /qst/ as an option, but it's an answer to a problem that never existed, and after everyone told them it was a shit idea and they realized that the only people that ever gave a damn were insane anti-questers, they seemed to just give up.

So QMs and players have a choice now. I've tried both, and personally, I tend to enjoy the tg quests far more. I got into quests through tg, and am a tg regular, so that isn't that surprising, nor is it outside the norm.

And I do agree with you about that last bit. I'd like for a mod to give some actual info on the status of things. Personally, it's nice having the option, especially for the people who like the silly draw quests and less tg related quests that seem to dominate the new board, even if it's not necessary.
>>
>>557101
/qst/ should be erased, and unique IDs implemented in /b/, the golden days of risk was when there was IDs on /b/
>>
It's fine as it is now.
Ideally, the less mechanical (And therefore less relevant to /tg/) quests could move over and the more RPG like quests with significant game rules and rolling elements could stay on /tg/, but that's just going to have to take time if it happens.
>>
The thing about questfags is that they want to run their shit on /tg/ to get free advertising by just being in the same catalog as an actual interest discussion board. It's like saying request threads belong on discussion boards because they don't get enough exposure to people who could answer on /r/ and /wsr/, it's retarded.
>>
>>557317
If you operate under the incorrect assumption that the people who quest and everyone else on the board are a completely unrelated group of people who don't share interests, sure.
>>
>>557306
It's honestly the natural way things are going. The more crunch heavy rpg style quests just don't have any players on /qst/, so they stay on /tg/ where the people that enjoy them are. The issue is that /qst/ is largely occupied by quests that would normally be on another board, like /a/ or /co/, and there isn't any cohesive central commonality among the players.

The mods seemed to be of the idea that all quests were a purely tg thing, and all that did was confirm their ignorance to everyone else in the initial feedback thread.
>>
File: Strahd's waifu.png (335 KB, 483x337) Image search: [Google]
Strahd's waifu.png
335 KB, 483x337
qst was poorly thought idea by a mod that has a poor understanding of quests and its culture (as proven in the feedback thread on tg). The board is a ghost town, that trial board is a failure. They do not generate enough traffic to warrant their own board.

They should just admit their mistake and delete qst.
>>
>>557913
>culture
Oh, so it's a "cultural" thing. You want "tolerance".
>>
>>557951
I'd prefer you learn how to filter or stop being autistic
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.